Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Awesome. Awesome. I am so in now for the entire run.

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

A friggin real Mego GL...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

NO SWIVEL ARM BATTLE GRIP????
        Pop the head and costume onto a Castaway body, and you've got it.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• TEXASFETT
          #1 Bounty Hunter
          • Aug 29, 2008

I was wondering when testing was gonna take place on the new Green Arrow.I really like the Klingon look looks like a Latino heart throb.

Comment

• Remco Monster
            GLOWS in the Dark!
            • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by MegoScott
            I find the poseability of the new figure to be pretty weak. The waist is kind of spastic. He can't sit or stand as well as a Mego.
            That doesn't surprise me. Many red flags when I first saw the naked shots. He looks 100 times better on a Mego body. I am not sure how many of these figures I will purchase. If I have to buy a Mego or Cast-A-Way body, and C-A-W boots for every figure, the figure just ends up costing way too much in the end, and that is cash I can spend on REAL Mego figures. I will buy others, but will be real picky about who, and certainly wont collect them all. Though, if the body really is improved after series two, and they do something about those boots (come on Mattel, if Cast-A-Way can make rubber boots that fit excellent, you can!) I may be back on board fully.
            Last edited by Remco Monster; Dec 31, '09, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Remco Monster
              GLOWS in the Dark!
              • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              Pop the head and costume onto a Castaway body, and you've got it.

Chris
              OR, you can get just the swivel arms from CAW for only $3 if you have an extra Mego body laying around. When I get mine, I am going to try the costume on my Capt. Action and see how it fits. If great, I will just go with a CAW body, but CAW bodies seem a little skinny in the legs, so if it doesn't fit well, I will go with a Mego body and CAW arms.

Comment

• megocrazy
                Museum Trouble Maker
                • Feb 18, 2007

Really looks great on an original T2 body.

Is it me or does it seem toy producers put way too much thought into stuff. The obvious target with this line was to reproduce a mego like figure. Doc was involved, the accessories were almost exact except for the quiver improvement, it's hardly a secret, so why not just make a body like the Mego one? I understand the whole Mattel/Big Jim link and the thighs on the new body obviously point in that direction. GA looks like he could kick someone's nuts into orbit. I also understand the safety requirements but that Hunter Dan figure is almost a dead on knockoff of a Mego style body, (head, size, articulation,) but bulkier so obviously it meets the necessary safety requirements.

Not really a complaint more than an analyzation. I will definately swap one of mine out to a T2 after seeing the pics. Just can't help but think the whole deal could have been much easier with simply upgrading what obviously works, and improving on it. Still a very exciting time to be in the hobby with all the new stuff coming out.

Thanks to Doc and everyone involved for making it happen.
                It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Captain
                  Fighting the good fight!
                  • Jun 17, 2001

Nice work here Paul. You risked your figure, but in the end proved these are more Mego like/compatible than many thought, and that no doubt makes them more palatable in the eyes of many. Mattel owes you big time!!!
                  "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

^^ yes the swappable nature is very intriguing.
                    I don't think I will swap out the GA as there was a Mego version of this that I am quite fond of. But when that Luthor, GL, and Sinestro hit the shelves.... yeah, it's gonna be a mego conversion festival.

I do like the bulky torso. I'm sure there will be some use of that in the customizers world.
                    Happy New Year squish.heads

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

Wow I just noticed this thread. I really love the Klingon GA. He looks spectacular!!
                      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• trekman101
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2009

Originally posted by jessica
                        Wow I just noticed this thread. I really love the Klingon GA. He looks spectacular!!
                        Me too............he's the first Mattel custom
                        "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                          Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                          • Oct 8, 2007

Thanks for the cool info. I'm pretty happy with the figure, and the only disappointment for me is the lack of Swivel Biceps. I'm curious to see if castaway arms fit on that torso. The legs are sort of strange, but people are on that already, too, swapping them out with castaway or t2 originals. The boots seem sort of bulky, but I don't know if the castaway hero boot will fit over the suit without cutting off the "feet" part of the suit, assuming it has feet, cause I haven't removed the boots yet, on mine. I'm looking forward to seeing the variations people come up with. Great stuff.
                          "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• jessica
                            fortune favors the bold
                            • Nov 5, 2007

Oops--double post!
                            Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                            Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                            1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                            1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

I will buy them ALL!!! And it doesn't bother me one bit if I have to spend Money on an original Mego Body(or Repro)to fix them! I'm just happy to have Rotocast Heads, accessories, & mint Costumes to work with!! Thanks Doc!!
                              Last edited by The Bat; Dec 31, '09, 7:08 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

How does a mego costume fit on the mattel body? Anybody going to try?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎