X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kennermike
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 4, 2007

pulled the trigger today. Im sure I wont be dissapointed
    Last edited by kennermike; Jan 1, '10, 6:28 PM.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

I finally got around to watching this. I don't think it ever was rerun in the last 30 years on tv. I'm 7 episodes in. Filmation sure use the dramatic cue (sound effect) fast and loose. Daaa Daaa Daah. This show has its flaw Catwoman has an awful redesign and the made up villains are really lame. Like Sweet tooth who has fat kids with missing teeth as his henchmen.
      Last edited by Mr.Marion; Oct 1, '17, 2:24 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

It's OK, it's nice to see Clayface and the voice work is novel. But I enjoy the '60s version more.

Lol I recall when I first realized who Olan Soule was, I was so shocked: This is Batman? He looks like a librarian. But he's Batman to me almost as much as West.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 1, '17, 11:50 AM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

This show held a cult toon status for decades because the opening credits and villain montage was like an animated hieroglyph without translation.

"Why is Riddler in red? Who's the glowing white dude? Clayface? Is that Adam West and Ward?!?"

Then you watch it, and it's as slow as mud.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I was obsessed with that Riddler as it's my favourite bat villain, i thought i kept missing his episode.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by hedrap
              This show held a cult toon status for decades because the opening credits and villain montage was like an animated hieroglyph without translation.

"Why is Riddler in red? Who's the glowing white dude? Clayface? Is that Adam West and Ward?!?"

Then you watch it, and it's as slow as mud.
              So true! I watched the heck out of it back in the day, though. Like Palitoy, I kept thinking, "How am I always missing the Riddler?"

And was that even a design choice, or did Filmation get his model sheet reversed?
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

Nude Adventures of Batman and Challenge of the Soup Friends drafted Bat villains.

NA took Joker, and Penguin, Challenge took Riddler and Scarecrow. They passed on Freeze since they had CaptCold. Filmation animated the title sequence, but blanked on usage. So they inverted and reversed parts of the cell. Green becomes Red, Question mark flips around.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by hedrap
                  Nude Adventures of Batman and Challenge of the Soup Friends drafted Bat villains.

NA took Joker, and Penguin, Challenge took Riddler and Scarecrow. They passed on Freeze since they had CaptCold. Filmation animated the title sequence, but blanked on usage. So they inverted and reversed parts of the cell. Green becomes Red, Question mark flips around.
                  Ummm....lol what's up with your spellcheck, Hedrap?

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

haahaha....it's a gag I picked up from a George Carlin live show I was at. He breezingly said "and the genital public doesn't know *** is going on..." so I'll drop a misnomer in every so often to see if anyone picks up on it. It's hard to do at the Museum with the Overlords Language Dalek.

Besides...Nude Adventures of Batman sounds 70's real! "From the makers of Flesh Gordon..."

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

Loved the show as a kid. Still enjoy it now.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

With respect to filmation batman fan (and his post), the bottom line is that NAOB was never designed to compete with '66. It was produced as a product of its time.

So, of course, if you're expecting anything resembling the previous West/Ward offering, its highly likely you'll be disappointed.

I occasionally enjoy watching NAOB... but West/Ward are meaningless in the equation (as far as their presence not altering the fact that the show is not cleverly written satire as their '66 series was).

The sole reason I enjoy NAOB is the nostalgia. Loved the show as a kid, and its pretty neat to re-visit every so often for that nostalgia-buzz.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

I bought the set when it came out on DVD but could not even make it through half of the episodes

Comment

• rykerw1701
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                            I bought the set when it came out on DVD but could not even make it through half of the episodes
                            Yeah me too. It sits on a shelf getting dusty. And I did the same thing with the first two volumes of "The Adventures of Superman." Nostalgia only gets you so far.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

My understanding of the series was it based on 50s Batman comics, so they're cosmic and kind of out there with weird villains and of course, Bat Mite.

Having young kids when the DVD came out, it ran at least 20 times in my house. The only thing that really got on my nerves was Lenny Weinrib after a while, he wasn't a very versatile guy with the villain voices.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

^It definitely has the vibe of the 50s sci-fi comics, whereas both the live-action and animated shows from the 60s hew to the period BEFORE sci-fi took over, namely the mid 40s to mid 50s Batman tales, with a bit of the then contemporary "New Look" mid 60s era thrown in.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎