Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayihdz
    aaaggghhhh!
    • Mar 6, 2007

Fun stuff. I came across some "star space" (wars) figures in the past. I purchased one just for fun. Gotta look for it.

Comment

• toystalker
      none
      • Mar 27, 2008

i guess this is some sort of gi joe corps rip off

cool though

and would you just look at this
      made in hong kong... robot with a stormtrooper head
      even the packing design looks star warsish

i know your gonna love it

Comment

• Neutron X
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 22, 2007

Gotta give the Robot some love! NICE ONE!

Comment

• Neutron X
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 22, 2007

Originally posted by nayrbgo
          Have y'all seen this website?!
          http://www.bootlegactionfigures.com/
          Greaty Web Site! I am really into 1960-70s Knock Offs sadly a site doesn't exist for many KOs from this time period. This site does have lots of new stuff that is fun to look at and keep an eye out for.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I have these two bizarre He-Man and Skeletor bootlegs. I think they are from Mexico. They really are quite hideous. I have the real He-Man and Skeletor by them for comparison.

Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 6, '10, 5:14 PM.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• 4NDR01D
              Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
              • Jan 22, 2008

here's a link to illegalmego's brother's Flicker page. Tons and tons of bootleg/kknock-off superhero stuff and more. Definitely worth checking out.

home/kitsch - a set on Flickr

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Those photos give the bootlegs a dignity they don't normally have.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Neutron X
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 22, 2007

The He-Man figures are very close to the originals. Nice post.

I spent a while going thorugh the Flicker account lots of fun stuff in there. I am fan of The Mexican Blow molded stuff with the 14in He-Man figures a favorite. Nice pics of Mexico KOs

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

This is my favorite MOTU bootleg.

Felinor from the FUERZA-T line made by Top Toys in Argentina.

He is wicked cool on a lot of levels. For starters for all the effort that went into the figures. They didn't just bootleg MOTU figures, they created an entirely new storyline, characters, bios and artwork. There's also the quality of the figure. It uses what seems to be actual MOTU molds. From what I understand Top Toys did legitimately have the MOTU license to sell and produce MOTU figures in Argentina for a time. I have the He-Man and Skeletor from the Top Toys MOTU line.

The Top Toys MOTU and FUERZA-T figures are not as high of quality as regular MOTU figures. The plastic isn't quite as good, not painted as well and the accessories have a bit of flashing. But still above average quality for this sort of thing.

Felinor has the head of Mer-Man, the body of Beastman and Skeletor's armor and Power Sword half. Also, I don't know if you can make it out in the picture but he is molded in this really rich deep blood red color. If that wasn't enough, he is topped off with a glow in the dark face.
                    Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 7, '10, 7:37 PM.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                      One eyed, wonder
                      • Dec 17, 2009

Oh, I so want to join this thread! Anyone want to see some header card art?

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

I almost forgot about these. I think they were sold in gum ball machines in the 80s. Only markings are Hong Kong.

You probably can't make it out in the photo but the detail on these is extraordinary. It's like the original figures were cast and then shrunk. All the detail is there down too the buckles on the back of the figure's armor.

Starting from the top left: Zodak, Man-E-Faces, Stratos, Mer-Man (with Man-at-Arm's Mace), Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Beastman, Faker, He-Man, Teela, Man-at-Arms and Ram Man. I'm pretty sure I have the whole set.

Comment

• Neutron X
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 22, 2007

Nice find! I love gumball machine stuff! The figures look like they went to game. Was there a He-Man board game?

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Neutron X
                            Nice find! I love gumball machine stuff! The figures look like they went to game. Was there a He-Man board game?
                            There were a couple of He-Man board games but the pieces were made of cardboard.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                              One eyed, wonder
                              • Dec 17, 2009

PPC Marvel figures from Mexico. I don't know much about them or even what PPC stands for. I have three smaller versions. these are the largest and my personal collection. If I'm not mistaken, All I need is Green Goblin to complete the set.

By dr_cyclops at 2010-01-28

By dr_cyclops at 2010-01-28
                              Last edited by dr_cyclops; Jan 28, '10, 1:55 PM.

Comment

• ctc
                                Fear the monkeybat!
                                • Aug 16, 2001

>There were a couple of He-Man board games but the pieces were made of cardboard.

Sometimes you'll see refrence to a MOTU RPG. It's a board game, although you can kind of see how it might have started (at an early stage) as an RPG. Kinda wish I knew more though.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎