X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

1950's Commander X Review

Stand by for adventure! It's the 1950's version of Jay Piscopo's comic character, Commander X! This figure is based off the vintage styled character and it's made in a vintage styled toy. Working together with Doc Mego and his crew, the folks at Capt'N Eli and Nemo Publishing have come up with this awesome figure. I'm taking a look at the 1950's version today with a full review of our hero.

Infinite Hollywood: 1950's Commander X Figure Review

Thanks for reading and don't forget this guy is still on sale until Thursday!
  • GlobalObserver
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 12, 2004

I love everything about this series of variants. I'm a big fan of the old pulp novels and movie serials, and these figures stand as a great tribute to that era. I looove the commercial that was created for Commander X, it's just dead on perfect. The card art is beautiful too. I hope more characters are made available in the coming year. If they make 'em, I'll buy 'em.

Comment

• drmego
      EMCE Toys
      • Jun 15, 2001

More characters

I can now say that Jay and I will be making a Captn Eli figure
      in 2010 in the correct scale for the character.

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
      I love everything about this series of variants. I'm a big fan of the old pulp novels and movie serials, and these figures stand as a great tribute to that era. I looove the commercial that was created for Commander X, it's just dead on perfect. The card art is beautiful too. I hope more characters are made available in the coming year. If they make 'em, I'll buy 'em.
      www.drmego.com
      www.megoman.com
      www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

Wow! A new EMCE body!

I guess the chances of a Star Trek Talos has gone way up!
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• censy
          thread killer
          • Sep 26, 2007

Yay! Awesome news Doc. I hope you turn many more of Jay’s characters into figures in the future.

Chris

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎