X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Rob Disney
    Mego's lack of paint detail adds a charm to them. Looking back at Mego the figures are so primitive now, but their box art alone are still miles away from anything that is done today, most toy companies today just don't get it...they should look to Mego as what worked....
    Couldn't agree more. 3 3/4" Cap is my favorite figure in that scale.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by J.B.
      Couldn't agree more. 3 3/4" Cap is my favorite figure in that scale.
      Count me in too!
      I love both my red and blue armed pocket Spider-man figures...the all black eyes make him look really creepy. There's something about the sheer simplicity of them that really is awesome.

Comment

• cyberlord
        • Jul 13, 2010

yeah i remember fondly playing with all of megos 3 3/4 figures along with star wars- i loved micronauts and i loved the black hole and its only recently i realised alex durant holland and pizer all have the same body- ha ha.

Comment

• TrueDave
          Toy Maker
          • Jan 12, 2008

Looking at a Squat comic hero today the rubber pelvis seems like a novel way to go.
          I agree 3 inches , 5 inches , even 8 or 12 inches overarticulation can be a problem ( floppy!), then there the Frankenstien looks issue.

I had Robin, he broke, Wonder woman, Superman, all Squatters.
          My Kindergarden birthday I got The Batman Blow Up Bridge and it was missing the straight legged Batman. We had to go to three K Marts to find a set with batman in it. Loved that batmobile. Liked the head and cape rubber one piece.

I had some Buck rogers. I think I had Wilma but never Buck, couldnt find him. Broken thumbs and non removable gun on her as well i think. I had Draco which I later customized into Dr Strange.
          The best was my Maximillion and Sentry Robot. He had holes on his legs for guns but I lost the gun. I dont remeber it being like teh movie guns.
          I did LOVE teh hands on him and teh few Micronauts I had. Lost them all but I loved em.

And as an adult to find out they actually made Humanoids from Black Hole? WOW!
          I will never be able to afford one.
          Of course they have rereleased Masters of the Universe, Tron, GI Joe, and MegoTrek and Apes . . . . .maybe someday we'll see authentic reproductions!

I need that Movie Klingon!!!!! :-)

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎