Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bizzaro megomauler
    WANTED for card bending
    • Apr 26, 2008

Captain America was the only CAH fig i ever cherished, Dad bought me one, because he loved C.A. as a kid. I would really love to pick up a cheap beat up set and re-paint them, see what could have been.....

Comment

• TrueDave
      Toy Maker
      • Jan 12, 2008

Originally posted by MightyMegs
      I'll take Buck Roger's articulation over Luke Skywalker's painted eyes any day...
      Yeah but the gun it was such a TEASE!

Comment

• mightyquinn
        Proud to be a Nerd
        • Aug 4, 2009

Originally posted by bizzaro megomauler
        Let's see who would win in a high noon draw...
        "wait wait my pistol won't budge....."

Lack of weaponry killed that line for me, though I did LOVE the Black Hole line!
        That's funny. They seemed cheap to me also, except for black hole, love those. The weapons and vehicles are what drew me to SW.
        Wanted: Lincoln Dracula & Hunchback, AHI Male Creature, Remco Phantom, Ghost of Captain Kid, 8" Tomlands

Comment

• AcroRay
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 17, 2005

I used to break the holstered guns off of the Buck Rogers figures so they could at least have an accessory to use!
          Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
          AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
          The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
          Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• Ranger 3
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 25, 2007

Originally posted by AcroRay
            I used to break the holstered guns off of the Buck Rogers figures so they could at least have an accessory to use!
            Ha!- forgot about that. As a kid, I found a gun bloody glued to the hip even more frustrating that than the figure not coming with a weapon at all!

-M

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
              WANTED for card bending
              • Apr 26, 2008

Yup same here. but the draconian guard fig was awe-some!

Comment

• Orlock
                Megohead Superdad
                • Feb 15, 2010

My poor Twiki got stuck inside my Christmas stocking because of the way his hands were made. It twisted around the cottony weird fabric and his arm broke off before I even got to play with him. Luckily my mom and dad knew it was my favorite character from the show and bought me a new one in the following days.

I also remember brushing my 12 inch Hulk's teeth with a green crayon on the way to Disney World as a wee lad...wish I hadn't done that....lol...
                My Art/Photography Page For Commissions
                T-Shirts, Prints, and More for Sale
                My Personal Facebook

Comment

• MEMEGO
                  Career Member
                  • Sep 6, 2007

I just remembered, the 2 Wonder Women Versions, the original version, was manly looking. The second version, was more female like, however still looked off and the unpaintede face and details, were like a scary twilight zone episode. lol

Comment

• Megosean
                    Old School Megoer
                    • Jun 2, 2007

It drove me nuts that Buck didnt have a gun. I broke the hands of two of them trying to fit Star Wars guns in. Dang it!
                    I have way, way, way too many toys.
                    http://www.toysyouhad.com

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

I remember the arm decals on my Buck and Wilma coming off... and a friend came over and broke off Buck's thumb once.

And my CAH Hulk's leg broke off. That was the only casualty I suffered in the whole CAH line. Apart from losing the Penguin's umbrella down the back of the car seat.

At least my V.I.N.CENT and Maximillian are still going strong even today.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                        WANTED for card bending
                        • Apr 26, 2008

the buck rogers line was infamous here for broken thumbs. I feel for pengie's umbrella, Cap's shield suffered a similar fate.

Comment

• Richard J. Fowlks
                          repeat offender
                          • Feb 10, 2010

Y'know, I hope I don't go that way. Sounds painful.

Originally posted by Thor
                          You know after so many decades my Robin finally fell apart. His crotch area just shattered, that's a tough way to go.

Comment

• fumetti
                            • Feb 12, 2008

Mego 3.75" Superheroes were junk to me. Never touched them despite being a big Marvel and DC fan and despite loving the 8" line.

Accessories vs articulation = I never saw it that way.

Accessories + painted features vs articulation + nonpainted features + rivets = that's how I saw it. I absolutely HATED seeing the rivets on any toy except a robot (loved the Micronauts). It was a major turnoff (and the main reason I pass over the early Mego bodies, and why I prefer earler painted-rivet 12" G.I. Joes). And add to that the blank faces... My 10 yr old eyes saw Luke as looking just like the movie (same with the rest of the line). Sounds crazy now, but those simplistic eyes and Chewie's teeth made them far more "real" than anything Mego was doing. I would have loved to have articulation, but there were too many negatives with those figures for me.

So you can imagine just how ecstatic I am about the current Star Wars line. The new stuff is exactly what I dreamed of as a kid. I just wish I had the time to plop down on the floor and recreate those old adventures...

Comment

• generic
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 25, 2009

My first figure from this line was Tiger Man. I loved that figure and I was sad when he broke - it was probably the rubber band, but at that young age, I didn't know he could be fixed and he went in the trash.

After Tiger Man, Buck was the next one I got. Due to some production flaw, Buck's gun was not glued to his side. There was a little pin on his hip and a hole in the gun, so the gun just fit on his hip and I could take it off and put it back on as needed. So when I got the Draconian Guard and his gun was glued to his side, I was very confused. I thought, "Why does Buck's gun come off but this other guys' gun doesn't? That's stupid."

Nevertheless, I loved the Buck Rogers line AND the Star Wars line. I played with both of them and I don't remember ever caring about the unpainted Megos. I did wish the Star Wars figures had more articulation, but it didn't affect my enjoyment of playing with them. Good times!
                              Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                                HULK SMASH!
                                • Apr 3, 2010

Yeah, I seem to remember my Buck's gun coming off, too.
                                The BR25C and Black Hole figures were certainly relatively fragile, at least compared to the SW line, which were comparatively sturdy and nigh on unbreakable (within reason).

There is such a thing as too much articulation, at least in a 3.75 inch line.
                                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎