X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by rche
    Checked my tracking and my GAs are in Austin at the UPS warehouse. So they should be here by this afternoon (Wed Dec 30th). I am stoked.
    mmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm yum.
    big box on the porch today.
    I'll have a little opening party with my son before bedtime.

yippee!!!

Comment

• supercrazy
      Banned
      • Oct 3, 2006

My Green Arrow arrived and I was very happy with him. These are truly very close to Mego in every aspect. Much Much Better than the ones Hasbro put out. I really like the quiver on this one. It doesn't hang over the arms. The head sculpt is very nice as is the outfit. I also like the packaging. Would have been nicer had it been green but still very nice. I got three of them to save for my kids. Yeah it may take 30 years or so for collector value but I think this is great that we are getting figures we haven't seen in stores for over 30 years. It will be like being a kid again for many of us. Can't wait to see what Wave 2 and future Waves will bring us. Thanks Doc those involved and Mattel for a great product. Long live original and new Megos.

Last edited by supercrazy; Dec 30, '09, 7:56 PM.

Comment

• MegoSteve
        Superman's Pal
        • Jun 17, 2005

Those of you having the hat problem, try putting it on slightly forward. When I tried putting it on straight, the hat popped right up, but if you lean it a little forward, it goes on fine and stays on pretty well.

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

I got mine today.

He rocks.

I got the hat to fit fine.

Originally posted by imp
          As you can see below, the Boxing Glove Arrow feels upside down; presumably the archer would thread the arrow in the upper third of the bow (or at least the middle), yet the Glove has its thumb pointed at the ground
          I was able to twist the boxing glove 180 degrees so it looks better.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Remco Monster
            GLOWS in the Dark!
            • May 3, 2006

Does anyone who has one opened have some Cast-A-Way hero boots handy (any color) that they could put on him and take a picture? I really can't stand those giant boots and am wondering if Cast-A-Way's will look better on him.

Comment

• Toy Talk
              Old and out of touch
              • Aug 7, 2009

Mine has been setting in a UPS warehouse about 1 hour from my house since yesterday and it's killing me. The book of Proverbs states "good things come to those that wait", but I can't seem to find my bible right now so my patience is rattled. I WANT MY GA!

I'm stomping my feet right now...you just can't hear it.
              "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Comment

• chunky B
                Museum Eclectic Collector
                • Apr 9, 2009

The boxing glove turns!!! It bugged me that in all the photos that I have seen the position of the boxing glove arrow. So when I opened mine I took a closer look and the boxing glove rotates so the thumb is on the top when he holds it.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 18, 2007

yes!!!! MY SON AND I GOT OURS TODAY. DENVER COLORADO....right in the middle of the country. My son called me at work to tell me they were on the door step. He asked if he could open his, or did he have to wait till I got home.....I let him off easy and let him open it.......then he called me back ten minutes later and wanted to know the best way to open him up, because he didn't want to "tear up the card because it was cool".
                  I told him to just cut the bottom out of the plastic.

Then when I got home...I had the same problem...I didnt want to tear him off the card.

I also noticed the card stock was a little flimsy compared to the originals....but hey I'm not playing with the card stock. The way the bubble is secured to the card leaves no possibility of the figure comming loose from the card. The bubble is waaay secure.

The wrists are kinda small in comparison to the originals..(which is what they will be compared to forever)

The work on the costume is fantastic, love the head sculpt. I really like the rubber/ plastic accessories...ie....boots, hat, quiver.

I like how the boxing glove on the arrow turns....someone had stated that it was upside down....so I just turned it. This is a Fantastic figure, and very playable. Not just something to put in a dusty box. buy one for for the neighbor kid. Buy one for your neice and nephew, pick up another for your self, but by the GODS...please open this bad boy up......then tell me how you did it.

I cut the top out of my bubble so I could put him back in to keep the dust off of him, but can still pull him out. I need a bad guy now......lets get phase two into Toys R Us!!!!!!
                  Last edited by Fuzzysnail; Dec 30, '09, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 18, 2007

Right, Right?

OK, Mattel put its best foot forward on this project ....and I got two Rights!! LOL... Yes I have the very rare Two Right footed Green arrow.

I had to strip him down and check out this new Mattel body, and low and behold...TWO RIGHT FEET. He is SSOOOOOOOOO mego like, right down to the factory error.

No, PLease, dont start sending me e-mails asking how much I want for him, he's not for sale.

I had to share, I hadn't heard anyone else mention it yet. Rip them out of their packages, or you will never know if you got my left foot.

Comment

• chunky B
                      • Apr 9, 2009

Fuzzysnail, just read your latest post and I had to check mine and well you will never believe this... mine has two lefts

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by chunky B
                        Fuzzysnail, just read your latest post and I had to check mine and well you will never believe this... mine has two lefts
                        ChunkyB.....you are my soulmate!!!! LOL...

Comment

• chunky B
                          • Apr 9, 2009

or solemates

Comment

• chunky B
                            • Apr 9, 2009

All two left (or right) feet aside, this is one cool toy! Cannot wait for the rest to show up in stores!

Comment

• Ivaniski
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 24, 2007

My Green Arrows Are Here!

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
                              Does anyone who has one opened have some Cast-A-Way hero boots handy (any color) that they could put on him and take a picture? I really can't stand those giant boots and am wondering if Cast-A-Way's will look better on him.
                              Very good question!!! As soon as my GA comes in ETA 1/4/09... I will try to fit my White Castawaytoys boots on it.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                                GLOWS in the Dark!
                                • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                                Very good question!!! As soon as my GA comes in ETA 1/4/09... I will try to fit my White Castawaytoys boots on it.
                                Excellent. Mine is due to arrive on the 5th. I plan to try the suit on Capt. Action to see how it looks on a Cast-Away body. CAW bodies seem a bit skinny, but I want the swivel biceps, so may have to end up just putting CAW arms on a Mego body if the suit looks too baggy on a CAW.
                                Last edited by Remco Monster; Dec 31, '09, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎