Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

I got mine today. The figure looks really nice and I think to issue Green Arrow first, one that has so much extras like the hat, quiver and bow, was a major score for Mattel. I am very pleased with it and have no plans to alter or customize it in any way. I am looking forward to the others. Congrats Paul on the dream coming true.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• saildog
      Permanent Member
      • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by ScottA
      I am very pleased with it and have no plans to alter or customize it in any way.
      Now that I've had mine for a few days, I think I'm going to leave it "as is", too.

Before I saw the figure in person, I imagined I might swap some things around, but I don't think it is necessary. I'm perfectly pleased with the figure.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I want another so I can have an all original. I was going to slightly customize the ONE I got, but the more I alter it the cooler it gets. Now I want to replace the body with an original mego with ljn swivel arms and playing mantis aj hands.

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
          Supporter of Silliness
          • Jun 20, 2007

I have to admit that I was surprisingly pleased with the figure. I didn't have any issues standing him (like many speculated). I didn't find the articulation lacking as much as I thought. Sure, it would have been nice to have rotating biceps, but something that's 95% acceptable and available is infinitely better than something that's 100% acceptable and completely unavailable.

It's nowhere near a perfect figure, and none of us should expect it to be. With that being said, I've been having a great time playing with this bad boy. When my 6-year-old daughter saw him, she dug out the WOZ figures I gave her a long time ago and said, "He's just like one of these guys!" We had a grand time pretending that "Robin Hood" needed to join the group.

Comment

• boynightwing
            That Carl Guy
            • Apr 24, 2002

Any Canadians get theirs yet? I'm still waiting for mine.

Comment

• hartley0
              Repatriator
              • Oct 14, 2008

Originally posted by boynightwing
              Any Canadians get theirs yet? I'm still waiting for mine.
              I'm still waiting for mine. I completed my order about one minute after they became available (12:01-ish), for what it's worth.

I *think* they are coming by UPS, which in Canada = Nightmare. Brokerage fees, unpredictable delivery times, and general ineptitude. I wish FedEx would just buy them out already For now all I can do is hope I'm at my office when they try to deliver...

Comment

• saildog
                Permanent Member
                • Apr 9, 2006

After a week of having this GA figure sitting on my desk (the loose one...I bought two and left one packaged up) I can't keep my hands off it.

It is fitting for me that GA was the first as GA was my favorite Mego ever (I'm on record multiple times stating this).

I love the Mattel version. I think it is amazing in every way. For all of the faults that could be pointed out, when I view it side-by-side with my originals, it is hands down a better representation of GA.

Now, the originals mean much more to me (for obvious reasons), but this Retro Version is a beautiful piece and despite all of the hand wringing in anticipation of its arrival, it was worth the wait and I love the end result.

Comment

• haggis
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 17, 2008

Still waiting for mine too. Got an email saying that it shipped on the 24th. I've had 3 or 4 packages arrive in the meantime that I ordered after Xmas. Ah, the great white north....
                  If it was shipping by UPS they would have been here by now so they could collect their ridiculous fees...must be USPS/Canada Post(aka Abbot and Costello).

Originally posted by hartley0
                  I'm still waiting for mine. I completed my order about one minute after they became available (12:01-ish), for what it's worth.

I *think* they are coming by UPS, which in Canada = Nightmare. Brokerage fees, unpredictable delivery times, and general ineptitude. I wish FedEx would just buy them out already For now all I can do is hope I'm at my office when they try to deliver...
                  Last edited by haggis; Jan 14, '10, 12:13 AM.
                  No exclusives and no chase figures, please - I'm Canadian!

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

You ordered 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived?
                    Wow, shipping to Canada is even worse than to Belgium
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• haggis
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 17, 2008

Originally posted by Meule
                      You ordered 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived?
                      Wow, shipping to Canada is even worse than to Belgium
                      Still waiting...I don't think the whole Christmas/New Year things is conducive to postal effiency...but hopefully this week. I was quite worried until I saw that some of my other countrymen on this board haven't received their's either.
                      I think it depends on the shipping method too. I've received items from the US or the UK within a week on occasion. The shipping for the GA seemed rather on the cheap side...there's probably an old pack mule making its' way along the TransCanada highway right now with our figures...

Comment

• megomania
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jan 2, 2010

Hopefully our friends to the North get theirs soon! I ordered three and they arrived on the 4th. Since then I have opened one but left it sealed on card, gave one to the son of a friend so he can start his own collection, and left the third sealed in the Mattel box. I can't decide whether to rip one out of the card so I can play around with it and open the other but leave on card to display, or leave as I have them. Decisions, decisions...

Comment

• haggis
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 17, 2008

Got 2 packages to pick up at the PO later after work...hoping my 2 Green Arrows are in one of them!

UPDATE: Still no Green Arrow figures-just one boxed and one carded MEGO WGSH.(<: Canadian Green Arrow Watch 2010 CONTINUES!
                          Last edited by haggis; Jan 20, '10, 8:54 PM.

Comment

• mego73
                            Printed paperboard Tiger
                            • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                            I noticed the picture of green arrow on the back has a mistake in the printing. They forgot to color in the bottom section of the bow. It took all of two seconds for me to see it. It looks real strange. I can't believe they didn't catch the error.
                            I bet it was intentional as part of the "printing error" effect.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• Mod Style
                              Veteran Member
                              • Aug 1, 2009

Don't fret guys.Mail between the states, and Canada has always been slow.At least in my experience.

Comment

• steshell
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Jan 20, 2008

Received my 3 today, 1 will be going to my 4 year-old grandson, Cole.
                                Can't wait to see his face.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎