X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Orion
    So are other T1 Lizards on a green body??
    ALL other t1 Lizards are on green bodies. and t2 lizards. and fist fighting lizards, too.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I've never looked at my T1 Lizards body before, now I gotta go see.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• palitoy
        • Jun 16, 2001

rats....

Comment

• palitoy
          • Jun 16, 2001

To keep it on MFA again, although Kenner's proto 12" Mark is lame, the 3" line looked awesome, here is the Mr. Schubert figure.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
            To keep it on MFA again, although Kenner's proto 12" Mark is lame, the 3" line looked awesome, here is the Mr. Schubert figure.
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/images...bert-front.jpg
            OMG!! King Tut!! What a cool figure. I wish this line was released.

Comment

• megocrazy
              Museum Trouble Maker
              • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
              I've never looked at my T1 Lizards body before, now I gotta go see.
              I guess I do to. Never looked before. Very interesting.

Not to hijack Lonnie's thread but since we're talking Lizard figures, Has anyone seen one with no tail attached? Packaged. I recently picked up a dead mint one with a very nice suit and absolutely no sign of a tail or any evidence that one was ever attached. Not a thread, a rip, a space in the seam, nothing. I was going to look for one from a beat suit and attach it but after looking at it I'm reconsidering the decision. Especially if I found out some may have come this way. Any input is appreciated.
              Last edited by megocrazy; Dec 22, '09, 10:18 PM.
              It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

The tails will come off with no evidence that one was there. It is the last piece to be sewn on. And it is just sewn to the outside. There would be no open seam from it being removed.

Comment

• megozilla13
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 10, 2002

Originally posted by Raydeen1
                  With Maskatron's head. Weird.

I remember seeing a webbed hand Aquaman many many years ago. Long before Roberto got his. I wonder if there are a few others lying around.
                  Was it between a boxed first wave ape and a US released palitoy card?
                  sorry................ just messing around.

I'd be willing to bet another will surface someday. I highly doubt Berto's webby is the actual one in the catalog shot. Its only a theory, but I think Mego mean't for the aquaman to be a water toy, in order to interact with the shark and realized the oven mit gloves weren't going to work in the water, so they cast new webbed hands for him to make kids think he could swim.

mikej
                  WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Berto could compare his to the picture. No two are alike. It could be examined closely to verify, if the picture is clear enough.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                      Banned
                      • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Raydeen1
                      With Maskatron's head. Weird.

I remember seeing a webbed hand Aquaman many many years ago. Long before Roberto got his. I wonder if there are a few others lying around.
                      How many years ago?? I first posted the Web Hand Aquaman about 1 month after I got him...That was 7 - 8 years ago on the old Yahoo Mego Group. If it's 7 - 8 years ago...then the pic or figure you saw was mine.

As for the possibility of the Web Hand Aquaman being THE actual figure in the catalog shot...I don't think it is. Unless they did the Catalog Pictures in New Jersey or New York. The lot that I won, that the Web Hand Aquaman was in, came from a seller in New Jersey. I highly doubt it is THE one from the catalog shot.

Does anyone know if Mego did the same thing that Kenner used to do?? When I bought 2 Star Wars Romba prototypes at an antique shop I started doing research on Star Wars figures and found out that some protos or first shot protos got out in the regular run of figures that were sold in stores...is it possible that Mego also let that happen with some of their figures??

Here are pics from the '78 Catalog...notice how these are the only 2 catalog pics of Aquaman without his gloves on...also notice how the hands are straight and splayed:

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Blue Meanie

Here are pics from the '78 Catalog...notice how these are the only 2 catalog pics of Aquaman without his gloves on...also notice how the hands are straight and splayed:

Preserving Mego history today, making Mego history tomorrow.

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...C_original.jpg
                        Please notice also that they are the same figure. You can tell they are the same figure. So go check your figure's costume against the pictures. I bet it's the same one. It should be easy to tell. I really want to know. Please check.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                          MeGoing
                          • May 14, 2003

"...also notice how the hands are straight and splayed:"

Much better for swimming!

Comment

• megocrazy
                            Museum Trouble Maker
                            • Feb 18, 2007

I can't say for Mego stuff but my experiences in this area with Hasbro prototypes is they usually end up in the hands of employees for them to take to their kids. At least before people realized they had value. We see it a lot with the 3 3/4" GI Joes. They will pop up at yard sales and flea markets all the time. My last find was in a Saver's second hand store similar to a Salvation Army store, hanging in a bag on their toy wall. With the close proximity to Mego's home location that Berto's auction was from, it's quite possible it was a similar situation. Noticing the hands are "flatter" than normal ones, do you think that a new mold was created for those hands or were regular T2 hands altered. Maybe Aquaman was tortured with a Megoscale waffle iron or something. Can't picture them making a plastic mold for a prototype though the hands look like there made from the same material as a standard T2 hand is.
                            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• palitoy
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by megocrazy
                              I can't say for Mego stuff but my experiences in this area with Hasbro prototypes is they usually end up in the hands of employees for them to take to their kids.
                              No, you're pretty much on the money. The majority of mego production samples unearthed have either come from employees, their children and in one case a close personal friend of a designer who collected sci fi stuff.

I've heard several "Flea Market/Garage Sale" type things where Logan's Run and GAH figures were unearther, which is amazing.

Comment

• Raydeen1
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 23, 2008

I suspect there are a few out there. Possibly never to be rediscovered.

I remember when you got that 'berto and I posted it then that I'd seen webbed hand Aquaman figures or figure before. This would be 15-20 years ago or better that I saw one. Hence my saying "many, many years ago".

It's an awesome Mego.

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                                How many years ago?? I first posted the Web Hand Aquaman about 1 month after I got him...That was 7 - 8 years ago on the old Yahoo Mego Group. If it's 7 - 8 years ago...then the pic or figure you saw was mine.

As for the possibility of the Web Hand Aquaman being THE actual figure in the catalog shot...I don't think it is. Unless they did the Catalog Pictures in New Jersey or New York. The lot that I won, that the Web Hand Aquaman was in, came from a seller in New Jersey. I highly doubt it is THE one from the catalog shot.

Does anyone know if Mego did the same thing that Kenner used to do?? When I bought 2 Star Wars Romba prototypes at an antique shop I started doing research on Star Wars figures and found out that some protos or first shot protos got out in the regular run of figures that were sold in stores...is it possible that Mego also let that happen with some of their figures??

Preserving Mego history today, making Mego history tomorrow.

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...C_original.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎