• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by StrangeVisitor
    (About Captain Mego's version)

Chris is a highly talented artisan and sculptor but I think that his version breaks the "rule" of Mego customs that there be a fabric costume/bodysuit as part of it.
    I don't think Man-Thing would work with a bodysuit. And my "fabric" is kind of just organic moss. Not much realism with fabric on him. He should only have fabric if he wore it in the comics. He has no clothes...

Comment

• StrangeVisitor
      Career Member
      • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      I have at least three different Man-Thing customs in there. I think one of them really sucks! It had too much moss and only took about two hours to make the whole thing. But the one that is way taller than the Hulk is awesome(if i do say so myself)...
      I think the one I'm working on now is way better.
      Yep, that is the one I'd seen before (w/ Hulk) and a pretty good one too. You noted the anatomic anomaly of how M-Thing's head sits in the middle of his chest rather than on his shoulders.

I don't think Man-Thing would work with a bodysuit. And my "fabric" is kind of just organic moss. Not much realism with fabric on him. He should only have fabric if he wore it in the comics. He has no clothes...
      Nor does Iron Man, he had a metallic armor in the comics yet Mego used a fabric bodysuit to represent the armor. Ditto for the Human Torch and his flame. These are action figures of comic book characters, for them realism is too limiting, imagination has to fill the gap.

Of course in the case of customs, all these choices are up to the customizer.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I did a Swamp Thing a while back that used a bodysuit over which I built up lots of muck and paint, so the bodysuit wasn't visible under it.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          I did a Swamp Thing a while back that used a bodysuit over which I built up lots of muck and paint, so the bodysuit wasn't visible under it.
          Man-Thing is a different story with the bodysuit. He has a giant humpback and wouldn't be very easy to dress. Swamp Thing has a normal body shape...

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

put the hump over the bodysuit. I built up Swampy in a similiar way.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Cosmicman
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 12, 2005

Oh yeah, I forgot. You did the King Diamond custom. I still plan to do one of him. I am still a big fan.....wondering if the King's health is going to prevent him from playing ever again. He is in bad shape.
              More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

put the hump over the bodysuit.
                Um, that sounds like it would suck. I can see a bodysuit for Swamp Thing, but there is no way Man-Thing would look cool with a ghillie suit on and a giant hump on it. Should the Hulk have had a green body suit? No! Should Man-Thing have a bodysuit? NO! (I've sculpted the body already) I have a lot of detail going into it. Layers of color under the moss and stuff. It just wouldn't work right with a bodysuit. What a pain it would be to have to make a pattern for his totally misshapen physique! Knock-kneed and partially squatting...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

After I'd done with it the bodysuit won't be obvious. It will hide the joints, tho.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Here's my old one to give you an idea. Based it off the old first appearance look.

Just ignore the paint issues with the face, I was a younger customizer then.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Here's my old one to give you an idea. Based it off the old first appearance look.

Just ignore the paint issues with the face, I was a younger customizer then.
                      I see no pictures...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Funny, I do. Even in your quote.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

now I see a picture. you tried to show two the first time.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

They are also here in my toymania gallery, page 3

I had two pics that I posted, not sure why you can't see both.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

ohh, btw, thanks a lot, now I am thinking about doing another Swampy custom.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

both pictures are showing now. that's strange...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎