Banned
    • Feb 6, 2010

That's a really cool looking head.

SC

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

I would say make a bosysuit and draw detail on with laundry marker. Use the Human Tirch as an example. They drew flames and lines and in different colors to imitate the style Jack Kirby drew the Torch in the comics. So where the characters pecs and washboard stomach should be draw some detail but draw it "hairy" or "furry". Use Lion cartoon characters as examples for drawing it furry. Note the top of the head-hair, chest, chin and the spot where the elbow bends the front leg:

Last edited by johnmiic; Feb 22, '10, 7:26 PM.

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
        w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
        • Sep 17, 2008

Originally posted by Captain
        What about flocking the body? ...or would that look too fuzzy?
        I forget who (sorry) but someone here was flocking AJ heads last year. They might be able to do a body??
        That's what I was think too. What's the general opinion on flocking? On certain things it looks fantastic. I know Mattel had flocking on their Moss-Man exclusive a few years back and I thought it looked pretty sweet. Flocking each of the the body parts separately with the ball joints being left partially exposed for movement might work. I've never flocked, so I'm not sure of the actual process or how labour intensive it is.
        MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• ctc
          Fear the monkeybat!
          • Aug 16, 2001

>What's the general opinion on flocking?

For the body? I think it'd wear off of the joints fairly quick, and it'd look weird with the joints. (Although new techniques might be more durable.... I don't have a lot of experience.) I'd still go for a velveteen/plush style fabric. Something that hints at fur without being all hairy. (Kinda how they draw him in the comic.)

Don C.

Comment

• Sandman9580
            Career Member
            • Feb 16, 2010

If you scroll up to my post above and click the mattycollector link you can see the new Mossman figure--he's pretty articulated and doesn't have flocking on the joints. I don't think it looks too bad, since it's all one color.

Also, re: method, I think for light stuff you can buy modeler's flocking and just sprinkle it over a glued surface.

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
              w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
              • Sep 17, 2008

Originally posted by Sandman9580
              If you scroll up to my post above and click the mattycollector link you can see the new Mossman figure--he's pretty articulated and doesn't have flocking on the joints. I don't think it looks too bad, since it's all one color.

Also, re: method, I think for light stuff you can buy modeler's flocking and just sprinkle it over a glued surface.
              Yup, that's exactly what I was envisioning.
              MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎