Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clemso
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 8, 2001

Tough one to prove though, type 0 bodies are easy to come by, therefore easy to swap, replace. If the earliest of the first 4 came on type 0 in Solid box, unless you know they came directly from the Mego factory, this theory cannot be proven or given as fact. Heck, its easier for me to buy a brand new AJ now for its T0 body than trying to buy a T1 body.

Comment

• Neutron X
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 22, 2007

The hardest to find body is type O.5 with rounded wrist joints.

Comment

• hartley0
        Repatriator
        • Oct 14, 2008

Type 0 Aquaman

Ok, this is curious – I've just received a small lot of Mego WGSHs, and amongst them is a Type 0 Aquaman.

Now, of course, there are at least two possibilities: (1) that someone swapped an Aquaman head and outfit onto the Type 0 body and (2) that it is legit. Is there any way to refute the working hypothesis that it is a legitimate Type 0 Aquaman? Should the head be softer and have a lighter flesh tone (as 'HapSlash' has noted)? I have legit T1 and T2 Aquamans that I can compare to.

The costume has a sewn on belt - don't have the doll with me at the moment so I can't say much more. I'll have a closer look at it later...
        Last edited by hartley0; Jan 8, '10, 8:16 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• rchatlin
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 24, 2001

Does the costume have stirrups?

r
          o
          b

Comment

• Tom L
            Mego Collector
            • Jun 17, 2003

I really can not tell for sure from the pics, but it looks like the outfit does not have the sewn on sleeves. If that is the case, then this outfit is not the one that came with that body. The non sewn sleeve Superman outfit came after the solid boxes and should never have the T0 or T0.5 bodies.

While all four of the initial release heroes did come with T0 bodies, I am not so sure about the T0.5 bodies. I always thought this body was phased out before the WGSH's were introduced.

What makes this interesting and impossible to prove without a doubt is that we are assuming that bodies are phased in and phased out with pinpoint precision. It is always possible that a few T0 or T0.5 bodies were found somewhere in the plant or somewhere else long after they were phased out and used in production way out of the expected sequence. I am convinced this also happened with the circle suit Spidey found on T2 bodies.

Tom L.
            Common sense is not that common.

Comment

• jackson5677
              Banned
              • Oct 19, 2008

Thanks for answering my question...and posting pic's.....

Comment

• clemso
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by Tom L
                I really can not tell for sure from the pics, but it looks like the outfit does not have the sewn on sleeves. If that is the case, then this outfit is not the one that came with that body. The non sewn sleeve Superman outfit came after the solid boxes and should never have the T0 or T0.5 bodies.

While all four of the initial release heroes did come with T0 bodies, I am not so sure about the T0.5 bodies. I always thought this body was phased out before the WGSH's were introduced.

What makes this interesting and impossible to prove without a doubt is that we are assuming that bodies are phased in and phased out with pinpoint precision. It is always possible that a few T0 or T0.5 bodies were found somewhere in the plant or somewhere else long after they were phased out and used in production way out of the expected sequence. I am convinced this also happened with the circle suit Spidey found on T2 bodies.

Tom L.
                Yes well spotted Tom, if it is indeed a non sewn on sleeve, then that would suggest that the Superman pictured could have just been made up of spare parts.

Comment

• HapSlash
                  Tribal Witchdoctor
                  • Nov 18, 2009

When you have so many variations to production in such a short time span, I think it's impossible to say that this is the only way that X product was available...

It would be hard to say for certain if it directly means something or not. I have a Batman with cloth shorts and sewn sleeves, one with nylon shorts without the separate sleeves, and then another nylon one with a seam that goes down the outside of the shoulders, similar to how Spider-Man's costume is.

Of the two T0 figures I have, The Aquaman I own does have the separate sleeves, while the Superman does not. I can't say that I have proof that this is how these figures were originally released, but I can't say that I've seen anything that disproves it either.
                  ALL HAIL MING!

A slapped together sample of my work:
                  HapSlash's Image Slideshow

Comment

• Tom L
                    Mego Collector
                    • Jun 17, 2003

Hapslash,

I totally agree with you. This rationale can basically be used for about 90% of all variations challenging any timeline. This is what makes all this fun.

Do you really have an 8" Batman outfit with sewn on sleeves? I have never seen one and thought for sure they did not exist. The only Batman outfit that had sewn sleeves was the 12" version. I would love to see a pic of that sewn on sleeve 8" Batman figure!!

Tom L.
                    Common sense is not that common.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎