X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackson5677
    Banned
    • Oct 19, 2008

TYPE 0 Body question ?

Were ANY of the WGSH figures released with a Type 0 body....or was that body only used for Action Jackson ?
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I'm pretty sure batman and robin have come on the t0 body. not sure about superman and aquaman

Comment

• generic
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      I'm pretty sure batman and robin have come on the t0 body. not sure about superman and aquaman
      Since they were released at the same time, wouldn't it be the same answer for all 4?
      Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

There was a Type 0 Aquaman on eBay earlier this year. Don't know how legit it was.

Comment

• j_scott_o
          • Nov 14, 2009

I asked this question a few weeks ago when I found a Batman on a Type 0 body. But, there is no way to verify if it is legit. Imho, for one of these oddball type of figures to be considered legit, I'd say it would have to be sealed in its original packaging. Otherwise, anyone could create a "legit" oddball figure.

Comment

• HapSlash
            Tribal Witchdoctor
            • Nov 18, 2009

I'm pretty sure that the first series of figures was actually released on the type 0 bodies as well.

I myself have a T0 Superman and Aquaman, while not exactly in the best shape, but still... One of the things that I think is a good sign, is the fact that their heads are very soft and very pale compared to all my other megos. I've never come across any Megos who's heads were this pale.
            ALL HAIL MING!

A slapped together sample of my work:
            HapSlash's Image Slideshow

Comment

• clemso
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by HapSlash
              I'm pretty sure that the first series of figures was actually released on the type 0 bodies as well.

I myself have a T0 Superman and Aquaman, while not exactly in the best shape, but still... One of the things that I think is a good sign, is the fact that their heads are very soft and very pale compared to all my other megos. I've never come across any Megos who's heads were this pale.
              Dear HapSlash, a pic always helps in descriptive situation such as this. I have never seen an original type zero Supes and Aquaman, this does not mean they were not made of course, so it would be good to see them and document it.

Clem

Comment

• jackson5677
                Banned
                • Oct 19, 2008

please post pic's of type 0 WGSH's.........

Comment

• HapSlash
                  Tribal Witchdoctor
                  • Nov 18, 2009

I didn't bother posting any pics because for starters, my nice camera died and i haven't yet been able to justify spending the money to replace it yet... so I'm left with this webcam. and secondly, these guys are not in the best shape.

As you can see here, he has the slim boots and the nylon shorts, however the damage to the rest of his costume is a real disappointment.

The head matches the flesh tone of the Type 0 body exactly, and is very soft compared to the rest of my Mego figures. almost as soft as some of the CTTV stuff. The paint ops, size, shape, details are all identical to my other Superman heads. He does have the long neck plug, and his original stringing is still nice and tight.

As you can see here there is a vast difference in the fleshtone between him and the standard Mego... even my other Type 1's are a bit darker, and firmer... although the pic I took didn't turn out.

I can't say for definite proof that they were truly released, but this is enough to make me believe so.
                  ALL HAIL MING!

Comment

• Raydeen1
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 23, 2008

There's pix from HUckabone's collection of T0 RM Robin. I'd say it's highly likely there were early figures released on T0 bodies. A running change much like when they switched to the T2 bodies.

Comment

• clemso
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 8, 2001

Thanks for taking the trouble to post the pics, its always good to see what your talking about. Isn't the flesh tone difference just a T1/T2 thing? or are you saying there is a difference between your T0 flesh tone and a later T1?

Comment

• HapSlash
                        Tribal Witchdoctor
                        • Nov 18, 2009

I do have a number T1 Megos in my collection, although I'm not overly fond of the body style. Out of all of those, the heads do have a darker flesh tone than the heads on these Type 0 figures.

When I first found these, the thing that immediately jumped out at me, even before I picked them up, was how light the flesh tones on the heads were. It was that noticeable. I didn't even need to compare them to a T1 to tell that they were lighter than any of the ones I have. That's what made me take a closer look at them, and that's when I noticed that they were T0.

I picked them up in a big junker lot,...one that I probably paid too much for. Although along with those two, the lot did have a Peter Parker head and enough spare parts to fix my magnetic Robin... so maybe it wasn't a total loss.
                        ALL HAIL MING!

Comment

• Wee67
                          Museum Correspondent
                          • Apr 2, 2002

I think the fact the costume makes it a bit more convincing that it is the original body. I was leaning against the origianl 4 being out on T0 bods, but those pics and what I'm reading here has changed my mind. Good stuff!
                          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Neutron X
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 22, 2007

Check out the Action Jackson comercial the figures are all type0 (0.5) It surprised me that first issue bodies were all type 0

Comment

• Remco Monster
                              GLOWS in the Dark!
                              • May 3, 2006

It is stated in Ben's book that very few WGSH were issued on type 0 bodies, and that only the earliest editions of Superman, Batman, Robin and Aquaman were issued on type 0s. I always thought so, and assume it has been confirmed that type 0 heroes do exist.
                              Last edited by Remco Monster; Jan 8, '10, 4:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎