Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • batmanmc
    mego batman collector
    • Jun 22, 2004

i love the bobba fett its the only 12'' star wars figure i have today of the vintage. i like the space station thing . never had it but it looks cool.

Comment

• DocDrako
      Formerly Doc Drako
      • Nov 11, 2004

I had that troop transport. I loved it. I also had that Boba Fett, but I accidentally threw away the "wookie scalps" with the christmas wrapping paper. I never found them. Star Wars was the coolest back then! Toys and movies all!

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• saildog
        Permanent Member
        • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by toys2cool
        awesome,I love Star Wars and always will hey doesn't that van look so out of place in that pic?
        I wonder if it has a bumper sticker that says, "My other car is a Millennium Falcon"?

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

I wonder if it has a bumper sticker that says, "My other car is a Millennium Falcon"?
          speaking of the Comic Book Guy...I gotta use his voice to address batmanmc's:

i like the space station thing . never had it but it looks cool.
          "best...toy...ever."

Nice to see al this love for the VINTAGE STAR WARS toys...sure it comes around on
          a consistent basis, yeah, but, to me, its refreshing everytime, in that its nice to hear
          everyone reminisce----no wonder this is the only toy board I post at----the
          Mego Museum gang has it all covered

Originally posted by cjefferys
          While I had tons of SW stuff as a kid, the only ones I collect now are the large size ones, they are very cool. Luckily they can be found cheaper than they used to. If you want ones in near mint sealed boxes, they are still very pricey, but if you are willing to accept less than perfect boxes, deals are out there. You're right, they do take up a fair amount of shelf space, especially the 15" ones.
          Thanks for the informative post---believe me I am tempted---the 12 inchers
          are toys that I didn't have as a kid, but always wanted and I know I'd enjoy
          them now, if I ever found a way to afford them---which I can't at the
          moment---
          sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't be just as happy (or happier) with
          Dave Mc's custom versions of 'em (or the equivalent of Dave's great work)
          as they are in smaller scale, but still retain that vintage look

I dunno, I just think they are great and I'm glad that those figures/dolls
          have come down in price, because they feel a bit more in my grasp

Maybe I should try to nail to nail down, like, Luke, Fett, Solo, and IG88
          as they are my favorites---they are some of the most expensive, I know, but
          I'd be following my own advice from earlier in this thread and just focusing on
          very specific pieces----doesn't hurt that I'm a "loose" collector too
          Last edited by huedell; Aug 23, '07, 6:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 1, 2005

The Death Star Space Station is one of the few SW playsets I actually own, I picked up one in fair shape in the box a while back. I never owned this as a kid, though my best buddy did, and I loved playing with it, so it was a must-have when I became an adult collector.

I love these catalog pages, I still get alot of enjoyment looking through old wishbook catalogs. As a kid I spent many days in my grandparent's living room just looking through all the catalogs they had saved. Good memories.

Comment

• brannon86
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jul 20, 2007

Empire

I had the jawa droid station thing. I forgot wht it was called, or what the hell it ever did. Ha...

Comment

• kresge1
                Museum_Bozo
                • Jun 20, 2001

Brings back memories for me as well,but no interest in aquiring them
                Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎