X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Mego
    Love to play with Megos
    • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by JDeRouen
    Steve - I actually prefer the blue as well!
    Yep, I prefer the blue as well!
    Last edited by Mr Mego; May 14, '19, 5:27 PM.
    Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• spock5
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 14, 2006

Keeping up!

~~~~Joe,
      I`m for one happy with the upgrade.Seems there are many more options and I found easier to upload pics.Might take a little while to get used to the new navigation but overall Great Job!
      Ken :stars

Comment

• rikitikitavi
        Museum Mongoose
        • Aug 15, 2003

There are many good things about the new site. I for one was a bit put off by the anodyne look of the white/blue. Working all day on a computer screen in Word is often stressing on the eyes. Ant put me on to the old skin when he was still working on it. I think it's great, except the hyperlinks aren't in red but black, so they don't stand out as much as the old site.

One thing I feel that was better about the other was that the posts were compact, in the center of the screen. Here they are all spread out and the eye is often diverted. All user info was in one spot under the avatar and the signature not confused with the posting area. Here, due to the spread out nature, sometimes the signature picture or writing looks like it's a part of the post, and one has to look all over to see the posters info.

There really isn't enough praise that can be heaped on Joe. I know this is not his profession. It takes a lot to design and maintain a site, especially when it is for others to enjoy. He makes no dough at it. So we can all be grateful to him, and should be. However, from a purely utilitarian POV, I think the concentrating of the posts in the center of the page is more efficient.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

The retro tan definitely feels more like home and it's much warmer. Just another thing we should thank you for.
          Sure, it takes a while getting used to and finding your way around the place (especially with all these cool new features), but I'm sure everyone will get through it. Big thanks to everyone involved
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I just want to add my thanks to Joe, Mitch, Ant, and anyone else that worked on the upgrade. This new place is great and pretty easy to navigate.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

I've been using the blue...really gives it that fresh new look to me.
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• joshvox
                Clown Prince of Crime
                • Mar 21, 2006

I changed to the tan, although the blue was growing on me--I may change back. This forum works and looks great--can't thank everyone enough.

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Yes...I hate change! Retro-Tan for Me Baby!!!!!! But seriously Joe....You did a FANTASTIC Job creating the new Board...BRAVO!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

A couple of things that might need to be tweeked .......

The Search feature wont search for any word under 4 letters long.
                    That kind of sucks.
                    I tried searching for Joes RSS thread and the search told me it's too short.
                    So how am I suppose to know what other words were in that thread

Also,
                    The forums have a minimum of about 10 letters or else it wont post your reply.
                    Sometimes a "cool" with smiley is a good reply.
                    Here, the forums wont let us do this.

Also,
                    Why does the forum have a "quick reply" board below the threads--- but it can't be used ?
                    The old boards quick reply worked fine.
                    This one, it's there, but it's not highlighted, so you can't use it.

Comment

• JDeRouen
                      Author of Small Things
                      • Jun 14, 2001

Hey Mike,

I already changed the ten characters things. I'll look at the search part.

On quick reply, you are following the instructions, right? Clicking one of the icons at the end of a post (the notepad w/ the pen or the notepad w/ the quotes)?

That's how you activate quick reply.

Joe
                      --
                      Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Thanks Joe
                        It does work

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎