• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Mego Museum Marketplace Guidelines: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING

The following guidelines pertain to the MegoMuseum Marketplace

This forum is available to our board members for the purpose of buying, selling and trading goods and merchandise.

Caveat Emptor The Megomuseum, its owners, adminsitrators, and moderators are not responsible for any transaction on this site, other than those in which they are individually involved as a buyer, seller, or trader. Transactions are solely the responsibility of the parties directly involved as buyers, sellers, or traders. We reserve the right to remove posts without explanation.

Please do not make negative or disparaging comments regarding anyone's merchandise,prices or work. If you have an issue, use private messages (PM) If you are having a bad experience with another member, please contact Brian or Steve (EMCE Hammer) and we will look into it to the best of our abilities.

Clicking an icon such as the For Sale (FS) button enables you to see only the Mego Items for sale.

Buying Guidelines:

It's common sense really, know your dealer. If you're new, check to see how many prior deals the member has had. Look them up in the good traders list, see their ebay profile. Ask people for references, get better pictures, get dated pictures, it's your money here.

If you are still in doubt pay using paypal with a credit card, that way you are protected.

Selling Guidelines:

Introduce Yourself While we believe most people to be honest, we have had the occasional bad egg. People can be suspicious of the new poster who is offering things for sale. Best to introduce yourself to the boards. Encourage those you deal with to give you notice in the Good Traders thread.

Please combine your threads, don't post individual items as threads, they will combined by a moderator and it's not pretty when we do it.

Use an Icon Marketplace Icons are at the bottom and tell people that you are selling (FS) looking for (W) Trading (FT) have a question ($?) or it is not a Mego item.

While we don't discourage Non Mego items like collectibles, comics, art, modern figures, books etc we do insist that you use the NM symbol.

Items that do not pertain to here (insurance, Amway, financial services, ) are deemed spam and are at no time permitted. Frequent violation of this rule may result in removal of poster from the forum. If you wouldn't bring it to a toy show to sell, then please don't bring it here. We do not permit "yard sale" type items, no baby clothes, car parts etc et all.

No adult material or weapons at any time. No exceptions.

Please close your thread after being sold, you have the power to do so in this forum. It helps us keep the place clean. A mod deletes the closed threads every day.

Give us an idea of what you are buying or selling in the thread title, so those who are interested will know what they are clicking into.

Nobody likes to get sent to the next page but be considerate when bumping your thread, no more than once every 48 hours please. Abuse of this will cause the thread to be sent away.

Do not post Ebay auctions here, we have an Auction Watch Forum for that.

Do NOT post sales items in other's threads
    . That is spam and you will be warned once, removed the next time.

Bootleg Items We are a popular site with a big reach, we ask that you do not post bootleg materials in the marketplace such as DVDs etc. Custom "one of a kind" hand made items are an exception.

A word of warning that this site is public and is regularly viewed by those whose job it is to protect copyrights. The Mego Museum claims no responsibility whatsoever for any consequences that may arise as a result of copyright infringement regarding a member's post. Members always post here at their own risk. We also reserve the right to remove a members post if we deem it necessary to do so especially in the light of receiving a formal and legal request from the copyright holder.

You may not sell or trade Megomuseum Trading Cards for goods here.

COMMUNICATE! Nearly two thirds of seller/buyer conflict stem from poor communication. Going to be late with that parcel? Tell the buyer, people are surprisingly easy to deal with if you keep them in the loop.

If an issue is arisen with other members, it is possible that your access to this forum will be halted until you remedy the situations. The staff doesn't step in on every transaction but will do so when a pattern appears.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

sounds good
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• palitoy
      • Jun 16, 2001

It's nothing drastically new, just an overall, updated, guideline.

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

Nicely done Brian!
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Now let's hope people actually read this
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• MegoMark71
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 18, 2008

Cool i actually just learned a rule i kind of broke a while back. I sold the old rhino gi-joe cartoon dvd with the last disc being a burned copy to make it complete.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

For DVD's, does this mean all home burned DVD's ? ... or just copies of officially released DVD's ... ie counterfeit dupes ?

Reason i'm asking,
              What about a TV show (or movie) that was never released on DVD and we might have some copies .... example Batman-1966 or Six Million Dollar Man recorded from TV.

Are these banned from marketplace too ?
              Last edited by Mikey; Dec 1, '09, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• vulcan2074
                Live Long and Prosper
                • Mar 23, 2008

Great job on the Guidelines
                Sammy

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

We are putting the kibosh on home burned DVDs of anything that could result in litigous action. Public domain stuff like commercials or fan produced items are fair game.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

ok, gotcha

Comment

• trekman101
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2009

Every thing makes perfect sense....well done Brian
                      "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• CoolLou
                        Museum Patron
                        • Nov 23, 2007

Damn! I Was Going To Sell A Burned Copy Of My Megomuseum Cards That I Stole From Another Site While Bumping My Post Every 5 Mins...curses! Hahaha
                        Lou Melograna
                        aka The Knockoff King
                        M E G O L I K E . c o m ::: enter

Comment

• TrueDave
                          Toy Maker
                          • Jan 12, 2008

read and understood. Can I trade?

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

One thing i'd like to see .....

People giving us some brief short info about what their post is about in the title.

Some people like to write titles like ....... LOOKING FOR ......... FOR SALE LOTS OF STUFF .... NEEDED LIST ..... just to get the max amount of people clicking on them but it's quite frustating from the clickers point of view.
                            The 3 above titles could be easy changed to (just made up by me)

Looking For WGSH and Trek parts
                            For Sale / Teen Titans/Black Hole/Comics/Junk+MORE
                            Need List -- Pirates, SMDM and Big Jim stuff.

This way people know what's in the thread before they click on it.

m

Comment

• Captain_Dan
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Dec 19, 2010

Dumb question, just double checking we can sell non-mego items here toys, action figures, etc. have KISS items that I'm considering selling or trade.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎