• Show
Clear All
  • goldenryan
    coy member
    • Jul 13, 2007

ebonics
    "imma axe you to make a sammich before i go to the libary."

Sarah Palin's hokey Alaskan BS accent.

The US version of a Canadian accent, what is that a-boot etc...is annoying, but I am not really sure it exists in real life.

Singlish; they butcher the engrish ranguage the worst

Comment

• goldenryan
      coy member
      • Jul 13, 2007

not really accents but speech impediments that sound like accents lol. I knew a kid who sounded Australian but he just had a speech impediment that mad him mix his r's with y's and his l's with r's and would sometimes even through random y's in the middle of his words. we used to laugh are butts off every time he asked the guy at the counter if he could have a pack of Marlboro menthols.
      also there was this italian girl who talked like she was from new york or something when she didn't grow up anyway near there. lol

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
        Stuck in a laundry shoot.
        • Oct 8, 2007

My friend from Australia commented that Americans talk loudly, like they want everyone to hear them. Even, me, and I'm not a "loud" talker. I think he means loud, as in our pronunciation of words, and empahsis of syllables. Then I think he sounds rather soft spoken. Who knows?
        "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Monty Python ......

Death .... YOU AMERICANS, YOU TALK AND YOU TALK AND YOU TALK -- AND SAY THINGS LIKE "I JUST WANNA SAY THIS" OR "LET ME TELL YA" --- WELL YOU'RE DEAD NOW SO SHUT UP

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

Why is Human soo hard for new Yorkers to say?
            It comes out as Uuumen .

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I kinda hate the classic American "mid-Atlantic" accent

From old movies where they pronounce "white" like Stewie Griffin pronounces Cool Whip

Comment

• Captain Big Trousers
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 14, 2012

Originally posted by SUP-Ronin
                My friend from Australia commented that Americans talk loudly, like they want everyone to hear them. Even, me, and I'm not a "loud" talker. I think he means loud, as in our pronunciation of words, and empahsis of syllables. Then I think he sounds rather soft spoken. Who knows?
                I came to say American accents. We're awash in US TV down here, so we're used to US accents, but everyone knows when there's an American in the room. LOUD! Do you guys use audio compression - the same way they make commercials seem louder without actually raising the volume?

Thick Aussie accents drive me nuts - it sounds like crows complaining.

My own accent is about 60/40 British/Australian.
                Even My Henchmen Think I'm Crazy.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                  GLOWS in the Dark!
                  • May 3, 2006

Southern accents by far.

Comment

• TomStrong
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 22, 2011

Originally posted by SUP-Ronin
                    As a southerner I'll bet he was exposed to a "Yankee", Yankees do speak loudly. I've known several Yankees and they're usually loud talkers. I have to say my wife was in transmission parts sales for years and her customers loved her southern accent!! But people, just because you speak with an accent doesn't mean you think with one. Just take people as they come for good or for ill despite their accent.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

I'm a North Western NJ, North Eastern PA guy....

Here's an example of the talk ........

m

Comment

• WannabeMego
                        Made in the USA
                        • May 2, 2003

Every time I leave the NY Area, people keep tellin' me I have an accent...I don't hear it...but they sure as hell sound funny to me

I wear My Accent as a Badge of Honor...so...GFY
                        Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• TomStrong
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 22, 2011

My grandmother was from Fincastle Virginia and I always thought she had a wonderful accent, soft Rs and all. Her brothers called her "Sista Frances".

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎