X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

>watched it again last night King Kong Escapes 1967

HAW! A classic! We got "The Giant Gila Monster" but the audio was out of sync for the last half hour or so.

But this leads me to a qunundrum: what sort of body would you use for an 8" Wolfman Mac custom? Is he big enough for a fat body, or a padded regular one? (And does anyone have pics of Mac Kelly OUT of makeup? It'd help.)

Don C.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I'd pad him, that's more what it looks like than a fat body.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
        Formerly known as Del
        • Dec 12, 2004

I like Wolfman Mac and his cast better as hosts, but I had kind of grown fond of watching Midnight Monster Hop in all its badness. I could do without the plastic talking skeleton and the way the movies get messed with. It's one thing for MST3k/The Film Crew/Rifftrax to goof on really aweful films, but I was really digging "The Bat" tonight and got annoyed with some of the sound effects, random eyeballs, and most of all, the rewinding parts of a scene several times in a row before continuing.
        Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
        https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
        http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I liked King Kong farting.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• bleit1701
            Career Member
            • Jan 1, 2009

Yes, the Bat is a really good movie and the usual cheese fest. Some of their goofs can be funny but I hate it when there is a monster that isn't shown much at first and the scene with the reveal comes and they speed it up Benny Hill style.
            The local show have been screwed up the last couple weeks with the audio and video being out if sync by a minute or more. Once is a pain twice is annoying. Someone needs to pay more attention.
            Still like the show though. Mac was at comicon earlier thie year and you got to see him get his makeup applied. He is a nice guy.
            Better late than never.....

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

>The local show have been screwed up the last couple weeks

Yeah! I was bummed 'cos I thought the "Punch Boney Bob for $5" thing was funny. (I might try resynching it with the ol' computer.... If I can figure out how that feature works on the editing software. I'm not much of a computer guy....)

>I could do without the plastic talking skeleton and the way the movies get messed with.

HAW! That's kind of the pojnt, really.... I kinda look at it as an intro to the films. If they look nifty, I can snag intact copies. (One of the first they did was "Psychomania;" one of my all time faves, and one I haven't been able to find on disk.)

Don C.

Comment

• justzeg18
                Career Member
                • May 5, 2003

word has it that the audio sync issues are a problem at the network level. and they have been working towards making sure it doesn't happen again.

and if you're serious about a wolfman mac custom I might have some random shots from the set of him outta makeup.

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

>the audio sync issues are a problem at the network level.

The commercials were messed up too; so it HAS to be. HOW it happens is beyond me. (Are the pictures and audio sent out separate these days?)

>I might have some random shots from the set of him outta makeup.

That'd help, since the big mane of fur tends to obscure the jawline, and the overall shape.

Don C.

Comment

• bleit1701
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 1, 2009

The Chiller Drive In site has the host segements posted on you tube if anyone wants to see them.

Wolfman Mac's Chiller Drive-In - Classic B-Horror, Sci Fi movies, local bands, zany skits and other schlock!
                    Better late than never.....

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                      Removed.
                      • Jun 14, 2008

I finally found this last weekend. It was cool.
                      They also show Night Gallery after it and Suspense Theater after that.
                      I set my DVR to tape it this weekend.
                      Rich

Comment

• ctc
                        Fear the monkeybat!
                        • Aug 16, 2001

>I finally found this last weekend. It was cool.

Wolfman Mac does some ads for local businesses on our show. Have you seen the ads?

Don C.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ On RTV we get cash for gold and snuggie commercials.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                            Removed.
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by ctc
                            >I finally found this last weekend. It was cool.

Wolfman Mac does some ads for local businesses on our show. Have you seen the ads?

Don C.
                            I didn't notice the commercials. I dvr'd it and fast-forwarded when a commercial came on.
                            Rich

Comment

• kennermike
                              Permanent Member
                              • Nov 4, 2007

ok question I missed the first 30 minutes of the this movie being shown at Wolfman Mac's last night it had an astronout that gets pulled to an astriod when he gets ther he shrinks to 6 inches and gets involved with the aliens that are also 6 inches what is the name this film its black and white maybe made late 50's early 60's

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                                Removed.
                                • Jun 14, 2008

The Phantom Planet

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡