Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just thought i would share this story with you..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by 70's-toy-fan

He said those are old and expensive pieces and i stopped him and offered him $20 each figure to be nice and get this going before the sun sets..he looked at me and said with a high tone in his voice,your not my type of customer and want these for $20 each they go for $70 each loose on ebay now please i have no time for joksters like you and don't insult me again.
    Think I know what goldenryan was trying to say.

Did that dude really say that?

Acting like that is not normal.

I mean...just saying, "thanks for the offer...but no"...would've been more like it.

If he did...then something is seriously wrong with that man.
    sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

you'd be surprised how many sellers do that even at toy shows, I get that all the time, especially that look they give you like if you just tried to rip them off, they actually believe their **** is priceless
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
        To Fear is Not Logical...
        • Feb 17, 2008

Common courtesy goes a long way.
        It's all good!

Comment

• Tothiro
          Kitten Mittens
          • Aug 28, 2008

This is so strangely common in antique worlds.
          When I was a kid my mother would toss me in a van and tour the country on summers from the south here up to Brimfield, Ma for the antique show.
          Sometimes it's about making that one crazy sale, sure, but a lot of times the seller is just crazy.
          As an extreme example: There was actually a shop for years down here called David A's Museum. It was cram-packed full of stuff - no order whatsoever. It was mostly old, some of it interesting, all insanely priced. I mean, you could ask "how much?" on three dollars worth of depression era glass or ten dollars worth of cylinder records and get an answer like "four hundred," or "two thousand" respectively - all in a day's work.
          The guy was schizophrenic I think, and never sold anything... maybe his disability went into shop rent... I don't know. He would boast that he named his shop Museum because people asked if that's what he was running (he had disdain for anyone that didn't understand how a snoopy phone was worth ten grand, easy).

Comment

• kryptosmaster
            Removed.
            • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by Tothiro
            This is so strangely common in antique worlds.
            When I was a kid my mother would toss me in a van and tour the country on summers from the south here up to Brimfield, Ma for the antique show.
            Sometimes it's about making that one crazy sale, sure, but a lot of times the seller is just crazy.
            As an extreme example: There was actually a shop for years down here called David A's Museum. It was cram-packed full of stuff - no order whatsoever. It was mostly old, some of it interesting, all insanely priced. I mean, you could ask "how much?" on three dollars worth of depression era glass or ten dollars worth of cylinder records and get an answer like "four hundred," or "two thousand" respectively - all in a day's work.
            The guy was schizophrenic I think, and never sold anything... maybe his disability went into shop rent... I don't know. He would boast that he named his shop Museum because people asked if that's what he was running (he had disdain for anyone that didn't understand how a snoopy phone was worth ten grand, easy).
            And it seems like those are always the people who have that item you've been looking for that you are more than willing to pay a fair price for (or maybe even a premium!) but not enough to be raped for it. (like trader-by-nature on ebay!)

Rich

Comment

• goldenryan
              coy member
              • Jul 13, 2007

Originally posted by Hector
              Think I know what goldenryan was trying to say.

Did that dude really say that?

Acting like that is not normal.

I mean...just saying, "thanks for the offer...but no"...would've been more like it.

If he did...then something is seriously wrong with that man.
              One thing my dad always said: "It costs nothing to be polite."
              apparently that dealer was never told that line .

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

crap if they're worth that much take him a couple and ask him to pay you half of what he''s asking
                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎