Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomstoyz2
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2, 2007

I used to totally love BOO BERRY when I was a little kid but I tried them about a year ago & they were nasty, ha ha! I do like Count Chocula though....you can NEVER go wrong with Chocolate-Flavor!
    CHECK OUT THE NEW BAT-BLOG!
    BAT-BLOG : BATMAN TOYS and COLLECTIBLES

Facebook Member? ADD ME!
    Facebook: Bat-Blog!

Comment

• livnxxxl
      Megoholic RocketScientist
      • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by tomstoyz2
      I used to totally love BOO BERRY when I was a little kid but I tried them about a year ago & they were nasty, ha ha! I do like Count Chocula though....you can NEVER go wrong with Chocolate-Flavor!
      I think I am going to go and grab me a bowl of Count Chocula right about now. That is starting to sound good each and every time I read this thread.
      Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• generic
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
        Is that right? Where did you find the information?
        Most of this is on Wikipedia, but I found the same information about Fruit Brute on several sites...of course, it could be a case if incorrect information getting posted on one site and then other sites using that first site as source material (the danger of looking up information on the internet!)
        Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• BOTZWANA
          spam
          • May 28, 2009

Is there ANY logical reason why the monster cereals are not out much anymore? I think grownups and kids today would like to have their Fruit Brute WITH cereal premiums of the monsters. Lord....

I miss my monsters!

Untitled

I DO serve Count Chocula to the people here in Mexico on our kids menu.
          Last edited by BOTZWANA; Nov 18, '09, 5:42 PM.

Comment

• livnxxxl
            Megoholic RocketScientist
            • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by generic
            it could be a case if incorrect information getting posted on one site and then other sites using that first site as source material (the danger of looking up information on the internet!)
            Like that would ever really happen this modern day and age. J/K
            Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• generic
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by BOTZWANA
              I DO serve Count Chocula to the people here in Mexico on our kids menu.
              I would totally eat there! Great photos on your website!
              Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                Career Member
                • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                Is that right? Where did you find the information? Man, I didn't think Fruit Brute lasted more than a year or two and I would've guessed closer to 1977 as it's debut. It must've dwindled in sales and became hard to find before they pulled the plug? I didn't realize Yummy Mummy was that late as well. I know I had it but I don't remember when. I guessed early 80's but your figure may be right.
                I did think they pulled Boo Berry for awhile, though. I guess that must've just been hard to find as well?
                Rich
                It could be correct. You gotta remember a lot of these things are not available in all areas all the time at the same time. If sales aren't great in a area it is pulled or availability reduced and sent to a area where sales are better.
                It may have only lasted in your area for a year or two, but it could have thrived in other areas for a lot longer.
                I do remember Fruit Brute in the mid 70's because my grand mother had it then.

Lynn

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                  Removed.
                  • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369
                  It could be correct. You gotta remember a lot of these things are not available in all areas all the time at the same time. If sales aren't great in a area it is pulled or availability reduced and sent to a area where sales are better.
                  It may have only lasted in your area for a year or two, but it could have thrived in other areas for a lot longer.
                  I do remember Fruit Brute in the mid 70's because my grand mother had it then.

Lynn
                  This is very true. Of course I didn't really do too much shopping so it may well have been around for years before my mom actually bought some and maybe she didn't like it so never bought it again?
                  Lots of "ifs".
                  Rich

Comment

• tay666
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 27, 2008

Originally posted by livnxxxl
                    I would still like to get my hands on a box of Freakies again.
                    Cool prizes, but the cereal was nasty.

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                      Career Member
                      • Nov 27, 2009

The three best cereals ever!! Boo Berry, Frankenberry, and then Count Chocula. The only problem was when they added the white marshmellows in the early 90's. I think it threw off the flavor. Not that that I didn't still love them anyways...
                      If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• johnnystorm
                        Hot Child in the City
                        • Jul 3, 2008

Count Chocula was my favorite, but we also had FruitBrute quite often too. Never cared much for Boo-Berry or franken berry.

Here's an old April Fool joke they ran a few years back in Wizard Magazine. I think it would have sold though, I'd have bought it!

Comment

• johnnystorm
                          Hot Child in the City
                          • Jul 3, 2008

If you liked the comic idea, check this out:

"Breakfast of the Gods Book One: The Last Good Morning" By Brendan Douglas Jones

And here's another site for the Monster Cereals:

COUNT CHOCULA, FRANKEN BERRY AND BOO-BERRY MONSTER CEREALS WILL RISE AGAIN: April 2009

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                            MeGoing
                            • May 14, 2003

Aha, now I finally know where Maureen's (Z3zep) avatar comes from. I'm gonna have to try these.

Comment

• starsky
                              veteran member
                              • Aug 26, 2007

loved these cereals!!

Comment

• Captain
                                Fighting the good fight!
                                • Jun 17, 2001

I was always more of a Captain Crunch and Corn Pops guy. My Sister loved the monster cereals though. I remember she always picked Franken Berry or Boo Berry, even though she liked Count Chockula the best, because my Mom would polish off a box of the Count herself (not that she would ever admit it), and Sis would end up having to eat some of my cereal or corn flakes, until the next grocery trip
                                "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎