X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Corellian Corvette
    I have to admit I was really not interested in seeing yet another body made given all we have to choose from.

With that said - i'm impressed. As was mentioned before, I would love to see the Mego style waist joint for some articulation there, but I'm pretty impressed overall. Strong, but not too buff. Will make for some good superheroes.

I do worry how the suits you're making will fit on the vintage stuff given the body is slightly larger...

Can't wait to see the final product!
    Had I gone with a MEGO style waist joint the body would have needed some type of elastic band to hold it together and I wanted to avoid that. The Z-body is slightly larger than an original MEGO body but not by that much. I can't say for sure but I feel like any clothing I have made will fit the vintage bodies just fine.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

When when when?

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
        When when when?
        The Z-Bodies will be landing the same time as the Buck Rogers figures which should be between April and May. As soon as I have a new production sample with the revised legs I'll be sure to post some pics.

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

New Production Sample

I received the revised Z-Body production sample and wanted to share some pics. The revised body is on the left in each picture and as you can see the legs have been completely changed. Their proportions match the upper body much better than the skinnier legs on the old version. There's still one more tweak that needs to be made but it's nothing major and everything is still on schedule. I'll start taking a pre-orders once I know the first run has been shipped from the factory.

Craig

Z-Bodied Kirk

Comment

• jessica
            fortune favors the bold
            • Nov 5, 2007

Craig that looks awesomely insane!! The proportions of the dressed Kirk is fabulous. I can't see the first photo--it's an x for me, but Kirk looks great with the new body. I love how it can stand properly without looking like a doll, as that's what bugs me the most.
            Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
            Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
            1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
            1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by jessica
              Craig that looks awesomely insane!! The proportions of the dressed Kirk is fabulous. I can't see the first photo--it's an x for me, but Kirk looks great with the new body. I love how it can stand properly without looking like a doll, as that's what bugs me the most.
              Hi Jessica,

Glad you like what you can see. I'm not sure why you're getting a red x on the first pic but here's a direct link so I hope it works.

Craig

Comment

• Megospidey
                Museum Webslinger
                • Jul 26, 2006

that is a great looking body Craig...really really nice. It ought to look really sharp with some skin-tight spandex on it.

Comment

• pmwasson
                  Maker
                  • Sep 12, 2007

Wow! Looks great. Can't wait to order some.
                  sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Jerry68
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 12, 2008

Awesome!!!! I will be ordering!!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Captain
                      Fighting the good fight!
                      • Jun 17, 2001

Flat out fantastic!!!
                      "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• SeattleEd
                        SynthoRes Transmigrator
                        • Oct 24, 2007

Superb! Love the tone down muscles. Looks more real. Spot on.

Comment

• Captain_Mego
                          Vet.
                          • May 22, 2007

Wow Craig that looks fantastic dude. Very nice work man. I will be buying some from you for sure.

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

The body looks phenomenal. Can't wait to purchase these. And I feel I speak for everbody here when I say, we really do appreciate the periodic updates you keep sharing with the community.

Never would have thought to ask this before the debate over the Mattel body, but... what is the poseability like? Can he sit? kneel? bend at the waist?

Also, do you plan to offer the body in other colors and skin tones?

(I apologize if you've answered these questions before... if you did, I obviously forgot the answer)

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Me want! Me want!

Seriously, these are, in a word: GORGEOUS!

You're right about the new legs; they are more in proportion than the older ones.

I LOVE the way that Kirk looks on his new body. Not that Doc's body is bad, its just that you give Kirk more oomph than he had on the series! LOL!

I foresee you making oodles of money from these puppies.
                              JediJaida

Comment

• jessica
                                fortune favors the bold
                                • Nov 5, 2007

Craig I can now see the first photo. Absolutely phenomenal. The newer legs are way better and I'm glad you are going with that. Truly exciting...lots of potential. I love how the muscles are not overly puffed out.
                                Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                                Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                                1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                                1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎