Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • livnxxxl
    Megoholic RocketScientist
    • Oct 23, 2007

I would love to place a good size order with Castaway. I have actually wanted to place an order with them for some time now. However, I read the negative comments here from time to time and I admit it does kind of turn me off. Once Castwaway gets caught up resolving outstanding issues and I begin to hear positive results about their business again I would be happy to place my order. Right now I am skeptical like most and it is buyer beware.
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

I received my Wolfman and zombie priest today, so here's another happy customer
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Toy Talk
        Old and out of touch
        • Aug 7, 2009

Looks like turnaround times are improving from Castaway. Good job guys! Keep it up for an extended period of time and I am sure you will see consumer confidence restored.
        "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Got my Tiki dohicky. And the replacement Phantom head. Thanks. Anybody try painting up the Tiki?
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by levyguy
            What Zorro figure? is it a Captain Action item?
            Early on, Dave mentioned the posibility of trying to create the Zorro figure that Charlie Flatt was suppose to make.....just like the phantom figure. I just plan on never letting him forget. I'm the annoying kid in the back who has a one track mind. Lets get him made Dave!!!!

Comment

• Toy Talk
              Old and out of touch
              • Aug 7, 2009

A Zorro would be AWESOME! I'm on board. C'mon Dave--Please!

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Monsters, lotsa monsters, a ****load of monsters, monsters galore
                Did I mention yet I want more monsters?
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

I want more factory produced monsters, not resin headed customs. The NOTLD graveyard zombie from the doc is my favorite retro toy right now.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    I want more factory produced monsters, not resin headed customs. The NOTLD graveyard zombie from the doc is my favorite retro toy right now.
                    I'll take 'em anyway I can, but factory produced with rubber heads would be cool

Comment

• Man in Tights
                      • Oct 28, 2009

If Zorro is a possibility, how 'bout the Lone Ranger while they're at it?

Comment

• Toy Talk
                        Old and out of touch
                        • Aug 7, 2009

Lone Ranger is my Hero!

Originally posted by Man in Tights
                        If Zorro is a possibility, how 'bout the Lone Ranger while they're at it?
                        I have Ben from Legends Reborn doing a custom Lone Ranger/Silver and Tonto/Scout for me currently. The cards will be from Anthony at Toyroom. As soon as the figures are done I will be sure to post pictures for everyone to see, but seriously--Castaway should produce the Lone Ranger.

However, with a movie coming up the franchising fees would likely be enormous. Too bad, because you know that Dave and Jason would do a great job!

Comment

• alex
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 15, 2009

Strange for all this chit chat in the "out of business "thread

Comment

• Man in Tights
                            • Oct 28, 2009

Originally posted by Toy Talk
                            I have Ben from Legends Reborn doing a custom Lone Ranger/Silver and Tonto/Scout for me currently. The cards will be from Anthony at Toyroom. As soon as the figures are done I will be sure to post pictures for everyone to see, but seriously--Castaway should produce the Lone Ranger.

However, with a movie coming up the franchising fees would likely be enormous. Too bad, because you know that Dave and Jason would do a great job!
                            Sounds awesome, can't wait to see your custom. But yes, there are bound to be movie-related figures when the film comes out.

Comment

• levyguy
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 4, 2009

Castaway should produce The Lone Ranger (red/black , and blue) and Tonto sets for Captain Action! also, Zorro, Buck Rogers, Flash Gorden, Ming The Merciless, Green Hornet! And Action Boy Too! Perhaps they could produce the Speed Racer and Johnny Quest sets for CA and AB and DE that Playing Mantis planned but did'nt get to do.
                              More Captain Action stuff please!!!

Comment

• Meule
                                Verbose Member
                                • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by levyguy
                                Castaway should produce The Lone Ranger (red/black , and blue) and Tonto sets for Captain Action! also, Zorro, Buck Rogers, Flash Gorden, Ming The Merciless, Green Hornet! And Action Boy Too! Perhaps they could produce the Speed Racer and Johnny Quest sets for CA and AB and DE that Playing Mantis planned but did'nt get to do.
                                More Captain Action stuff please!!!
                                ZICA is already working on Buck Rogers

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎