Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackson5677
    Banned
    • Oct 19, 2008

The reason I started this thread........ I wanted to order Jason's New Zombie figure and some other items from the Cast A Way website......but to be honest the first order I placed took a while to arrive, the second order never came (until I complained here on the Mego Museum), my third and final order also never came (until I emailed them letting them know I would be calling them at home to find out what was the problem....no one is untrackable, thanks to the internet)

Comment

• will5967
      Member of the Assembly
      • Sep 27, 2009

Originally posted by Meule
      Thanks! That's EXACTLY what I was looking for.
      Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

• will5967
        Member of the Assembly
        • Sep 27, 2009

Wow! That's really nice stuff! It's too bad there are still so many outstanding issues with receiving pending orders. The new, more highly articulated bodies and choice of hands are particularly impressive.
        Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Yeah, that's the catch. Great stuff, but no ability to get it to you.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Toy Talk
            Old and out of touch
            • Aug 7, 2009

Easy fix

I know that I am on the outside looking in, but this doesn't appear to be a difficult fix to me. Bear in mind that I have ordered from Dave and Jason several times without difficulty, so this suggestion by no means applies to anything I have ordered.

All of the shipping difficulties seem to be with the same 5-7 people that are looking for any successful communication tool they can find. We all know that Dave had a flooded basement, and some computer problems that caused a loss of data. So rather than to spend months sifting through old paper orders to see what people ordered, why not just take their word for it.

Chalk the trust up to damage control. Ask those 5-7 people what they ordered, and ship it out. I don't believe that any of them are trying to get something they have not already paid for. If the items are not in stock, just refund their money until the items are in active inventory.

A little bit of cleaning house up front could mean tons of extra business down the road. Not only would there be no more complaints in the forum, but the email traffic would likely unclog, and the PR bonuses would go a long way.

Of course these are just my thoughts. I am not a business man, so what do I know?
            "Procrastination is the art of planning for tomorrow."

Comment

• gaga4toyz
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 10, 2004

Toy talk I think you just summed it up perfectly.

Comment

• Man in Tights
                • Oct 28, 2009

Are we really only talking about a half-dozen people? I thought they must have been inundated with hundreds of complaints to be so remiss in replying. If I'm one of only a handful there's no excuse for not resolving this pronto.

Comment

• David Lee
                  The Fix-it-up Chappie
                  • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Man in Tights
                  Are we really only talking about a half-dozen people? I thought they must have been inundated with hundreds of complaints to be so remiss in replying. If I'm one of only a handful there's no excuse for not resolving this pronto.
                  Were trying very hard...

-Dave

Comment

• Man in Tights
                    • Oct 28, 2009

Dave, it's a relief to finally hear from you! Remember, it's order yhst-12736645079161-603

I'm actually willing to order a second Phantom, but I need to know I'm getting the first one ...
                    Last edited by Man in Tights; Nov 11, '09, 4:18 PM.

Comment

• Jerry68
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 12, 2008

I will be ordering this weekend.
                      sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
                        Ultimate Mego Warrior
                        • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by David Lee
                        Were trying very hard...

-Dave
                        Good luck guys
                        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• BlackKnight
                          The DarkSide Customizer
                          • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by jackson5677
                          ...no one is untrackable, thanks to the internet)
                          I don't answer ANY phone Call,. that I do Not know the # to.
                          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• bondtoddbond
                            Mego Museum Super Spy
                            • Aug 14, 2009

Best wishes to Cast-A-Way. I know you guys will get things worked out. I love my Phantom figure. I understand the frustration of everyone here, I think we've all been waiting on things and that makes everybody just mad. Keep the faith!
                            sigpic "It's like you're unravelling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

Well, I'm not as forgiving as some of you. After being ignored for a month, I have filed a Paypal claim against this guy. Summarily, that will block him from receiving any more payments from other people.

You don't take people's money, and then blow them off. Period.

If you're gonna run a business, be professional, or forget it.

Comment

• Meule
                                Verbose Member
                                • Nov 14, 2004

Did you place your order a month ago or was it a longer ago and you have been ignored for a month? If you ordered a month ago I think your pretty quick filing that claim. Just my opinion.
                                One of these two guys has been sick for weeks. I know they don't have the best reputation when it comes to shipping, but try to have at least a little patience.
                                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎