X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GlobalObserver
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 12, 2004

Originally posted by Jerry68
    May I have your attention!! Please send us more money!! We've got brand new toys for you boys and girls to purchase!! I realize we still haven't sent you the stuff you ordered and paid for 13 months ago, but this time will be different!! Trust us!! We're not going to rip you off this time, honest injun!! Send us your money!! Send us your money!! For the love of God, please send us more money!!!

Comment

• Jerry68
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by MEGOMAN
      How come David did not post the link to this video?
      I wish they would have. I checked the main site today and found this. I thought it might help out. I want to order stuff to finish my customs as well.
      sigpic

Comment

• txteach
        Banned
        • Jun 17, 2005

That told us nothing. They are not correcting the problem, just apologizing for it. I feel for those who never got their orders. The excuses (only 2 of us, basement got flooded, butt hurts) shouldn't fly any more.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

I am not defending anyone here and I do understand why everyone's upset, having to wait over a year for an outstanding order is not done, simple as that.
          But you were also all complaining about a lack of communication, which I agree is poor business ethics, but now - finally - that DL has at least made an attempt at explaining and excusing themselves for a delay you are still complaining.
          I'm not saying you should all hold hands now and sing Kumbaya or anything, but DL took a step forward, complaining about the same old same old isn't gonna do anyone good. Obviously they're reading these posts and they are doing something about it, Jason has PM'ed me that my stuff is on the way.
          Again, I don't defend anyone, but let's at least give them a break, they took a step to improve their business ethics let's see where it leads
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• MEGOMAN
            Defender of the Megoverse
            • Dec 30, 2008

Were they not already given a couple of breaks?

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Well what do you suggest then? Going on and on about isn't going to help. Like I said, this time at least they took a step forward, after weeks of silence. So, even tho they have indeed been given quite a few breaks, why not wait and see what happens this time. If this turns out to be a bust again then you needn't worry anymore cause they will be out of business for lack of orders. It's all in their hands
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Ivaniski
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 24, 2007

Out Of Business...

I DUNNO, ..........I DUNNO,........ANYMORE!!!

Comment

• levyguy
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 4, 2009

thanks for the link. At least Dave is responding. I believe everyone will eventully get there orders. We have to be patient.

Comment

• Jason73
                    Correctamundo!
                    • Jan 11, 2009

Too bad for these guys. They have great stuff, it's just not worth the aggrevation.
                    Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• Davy Crockett
                      • Aug 17, 2009

I have a bad feeling about this...

Hey, general replies to address specific concerns no longer work for me with this company. Too many people have been burned and ignored. Address the mess you have created before asking for understanding "as you move forward" to collect monies from new preorders. No new product should be shipped until those who have been waiting for months or a year plus have their issues satified 100%. Just because the government operates this way it does not make it ok for regular people to copy the same business model. Perhaps they can apply their experiences at this level of small business to the "Cash For Clunkers Program" the next time it is offered. The power of the consumer is to vote with the almighty buck. That is the only way Castaway will ever get the message. I would love to see them get the message before the lights go out on a great idea and some very nice, high quality products. Maybe then we could all email David about stuff "that Castaway is doing right". I'll be the first in line with my money and the congratulatory emails. Until then...

Comment

• David Lee
                        The Fix-it-up Chappie
                        • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Davy Crockett
                        Maybe then we could all email David about stuff "that Castaway is doing right". I'll be the first in line with my money and the congratulatory emails.
                        I am gonna hold you to that

-Dave
                        Last edited by David Lee; Nov 9, '09, 9:35 PM.

Comment

• will5967
                          Member of the Assembly
                          • Sep 27, 2009

Can somebody please post a link or two to show some of Castaway's products? I take it they're high quality and at least, nobody seems to disagree with that.
                          Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

Here ya go: Cast-a-Way On-line Store

Comment

• Mod Style
                              Veteran Member
                              • Aug 1, 2009

These guys have got top notch product, but until I see evidence that customer service has improved a great deal, I can not place another order.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

Their prduct is definately great....not sure what to make of the filling orders issue though....I ordered something early last month and got all of it, with extra in 3 weeks....many on this board are waiting months and months and not getting anything. It just does not make sense....when backlogged you fill the oldest orders first and work your way forward....I'm not complaining that I got my order so fast....I was actually worried I would be waiting a year too, but they have done trmendous damage to their reputation. I do not order from the Megostore anymore because i was tired of waiting months for my orders and having my emails ignored. I understnad these guys run these sites as a side business and they have their lives to live too but if you are behind and still accepting orders then s*&t or get off the pot!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎