Micronauts are back!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cyberlord
    • Jul 13, 2010

re palisades- i believe the manufacturing of their first wave was switched to another factory without their knowledge -the first ones were really bad- nearly all the ones i saw were broken or had sress marks whilst still carded- they fixed the probem with 1.5, but the consumers were not buying after the first waves rep- its a shame cos the second ones were great.
    as for the movie and new toy line- i SO hope they are nothing to do with the marvel comic- i mean it was great but it had virtually nothing to do with the toys- the characters they did use appart from biotron,microtron and karza looked very little like their toy versions and it just didnt make sense to me - it might as well have just been an original title. id sooner have something based on the massive japanese microman storyline

Comment

• AcroRay
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 17, 2005

Originally posted by cyberlord
      re palisades- i believe the manufacturing of their first wave was switched to another factory without their knowledge
      Yes. It more or less destroyed the line's reputation with retailers and many collectors.
      Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
      AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
      The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
      Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• cyberlord
        • Jul 13, 2010

well they were crap werent they really low quality easily broken if not broken already- but the 1.5 ones were really nice but no one bought em cos hey didnt realise they had fixed the issues- they shold have completely changes the cards and re launched

Comment

• Acroyear X
          • Feb 23, 2011

Originally posted by cyberlord
          re palisades- i believe the manufacturing of their first wave was switched to another factory without their knowledge -the first ones were really bad- nearly all the ones i saw were broken or had sress marks whilst still carded- they fixed the probem with 1.5, but the consumers were not buying after the first waves rep- its a shame cos the second ones were great.
          as for the movie and new toy line- i SO hope they are nothing to do with the marvel comic- i mean it was great but it had virtually nothing to do with the toys- the characters they did use appart from biotron,microtron and karza looked very little like their toy versions and it just didnt make sense to me - it might as well have just been an original title. id sooner have something based on the massive japanese microman storyline
          I agree,the comics where ok but why not make it more like the 1970`s toyline.I hope Hasbro does it right.

Comment

• danadoll
            Micronaut Nut!
            • Apr 11, 2005

Sarcasm on> I agree...Marvel's Acroyear, Acroyear II (Shaitan), Phobos, Force Commander, Giant Acroyears, Time Traveler, Reptos, the Antrons, Battle Cruisers, Hydras, Solarions, Hydrocopters, Star Searchers, Neon Orbiters, Thorium Orbiters, etc...All looked nothing like their toy counterparts <sarcasm off.

Dana
            Last edited by danadoll; Mar 11, '11, 7:38 PM.
            "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
              Career Member
              • Jun 10, 2007

Any more news on these toys?
              Lynn

Comment

• samsallspark
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 17, 2010

I heard that they are indeed coming back for 2012!

Comment

• ogemtoys
                  • May 15, 2009

hopefully they will have some prototype pics before the end of the year.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                    That 80's guy
                    • Jul 27, 2011

ive never had a micronaut. whats the latest on a re-release. Will they look like the originals?

Comment

• MicromanZone
                      Banned
                      • Apr 26, 2011

In 2009 it was announced at a Hasbro investor’s meeting that Hasbro would be actively shopping around the Micronauts as a new property and also announced (please pay attention) that they were in talks with J.J. Abrams to produce a Micronaust movie. That’s it. No plans. No nothing. Just a dog & pony show to investors and potential investors. Nothing more and nothing less.

So based on that one event, folks are now claiming J.J. Abrams is going to direct a Micronauts film and chances are good he won’t; he would produce since that is all that has ever been conveyed in the news about this. And that Hasbro has a line of toys they will show up which is not the case. Chances are slim that would happen without a major film property connected to it to revive the basically “dead” brand as far as the larger world goes. In the modern world those toys would have to be tied into something larger to give it the marketing push it needs in the contemporary entertainment world.

The only thing that is 100% solid is Hasbro now has the patents and rights to produce Micronaut related toys after unravelling patent issues disputed between A.G.E. (Marty Abrams latest company) and Takara (creators of the Microman line the Micronuats are based on). A legal decision basically.

But past the resolved patent issues it’s all smoke and mirrors. It‘s 2011. No new news. I wouldn’t hold my breath.
                      Last edited by MicromanZone; Sep 23, '11, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                        That 80's guy
                        • Jul 27, 2011

kind of a shame really. they would seem innovative to kids who never seen them and (if they stayed true to the originals) would gets the older crowd. I know i wouldnt mind giving them a try. I probably couldnt afford to start collecting the vintage figures, but a re-release would get me eager. i dont understand the toy companies anymore. Its like mattel with heman. i think heman would be popular enough for retail, mattel dont. Or the retro heros and the mess caused by mattel with them. it seems like hasbro makes as little sense as mattel now. why dont they take a chance and be toy companies. at least re release online.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎