Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

Yeah...I bought clear and clear-red karza boxed sets and was bummed when I discovered both the Andromeda's back legs were shattered in package.

My opaque black karza's and Andromeda's seem okay, thankfully.

Dana
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• ironmanfan
      Banned
      • May 17, 2010

I`ll stick with the carded or mint loose Mego originals.

Comment

• Lonestarhobbies
        Museum Patron
        • Jul 8, 2010

Any updates on any info???

I'd love to see the line make a resurgence once again to store shelves if at all possible

Comment

• AcroRay
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 17, 2005

Nothing yet. But as it's in Hasbro's stable now, it will be a mass-market toy line, alongside their Star Wars and Transformers brands. What overall design and features the line will take, however, are still completely under wraps.
          Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
          AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
          The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
          Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

Every time this thread gets bumped, I get all excited. Can't wait to hear some details.
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Captain
              Fighting the good fight!
              • Jun 17, 2001

Despite reports to the contrary, I've always had a sneaky suspicion Hasbro may have licensed Micronauts to help protect its Transformers property. This kind of thing happens a lot....On the other hand, Hasbro did say they were going to reintroduce the toys so who knows?
              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• AcroRay
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 17, 2005

Plenty of companies have been trying to get Micronauts, and have had good plans for them, but were always derailed by Marty Abrams. Glad it's not in his hands anymore.

Hasbro is partnered with Takara, and Takara has been trying to get the property back since Mego went out of the toy business. Both Hasbro and Tomy/Takara will be developing it as an international property, like Transformers, I expect. It will have to appeal to buyers in both the North American and Asian markets. Given that they're taking so long, I also suspect this will be something very original.
                Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• tmthor
                  God of Knock-offs
                  • Nov 29, 2005

I heard on one site that Hasbro just secured the rights for Sectaurs.
                  I remember that some one in the comic world (cant remember who or what company maybe Marvel as thy had both licenses) wanted to have a cross over with these 2 properties before any thoughts on this.

also on a Hasbro GI Joe q&a session
                  3) How does the upcoming alpha HISS Scout attach to the Hiss Tank V.5? I see gray clips and the sticker that says "Hiss Interlock" so I assume it attaches there. What is the purpose of this? Rather, what is the the thought behind this?

A) When designing the HISS v5 and the HISS Scout the designers worked together to have the Scout "towable" by the larger HISS v5. You'll notice the small grey clips at the back of the HISS v5. These clips can connect the the roll-cage bars on the HISS scout, right above where the pilot sits in the cockpit of the HISS Scout. The smaller HISS ends up hanging aft of the HISS v5, as if it is being "towed" in to the battle, or "towed" away. It is not a main feature, as the result of the two HISS vehicles connected together is rather, well, awkward looking. But, like many things in the POC line, interchangeability is key, and are features are hidden like Easter Eggs across the line. Congratulations on finding one of the Easter Eggs!

I wonder if they are trying for compatibility the new Hiss could be easily altered to an updated Terrorphant?
                  Last edited by tmthor; Jul 21, '10, 1:25 PM.

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

It's too bad that with all the retro stuff in the market right now, that Hasbro hasn't put something for the Micronauts together for release.

Maybe they're waiting for a Micro anniversary or something?

Dana
                    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• tmthor
                      God of Knock-offs
                      • Nov 29, 2005

The microverse was mention on an episode of the Fantastic four cartoon

Comment

• Astronut
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 21, 2010

Didn't see anyone mention this but my understanding is that they are working on a Micronauts motion picture. At least a script for one... JJ Abrams maybe, I don't remember exactly. That would be so sweet.

Comment

• bgiles73
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 14, 2010

Just read that JJ Abrahams is CURRENTLY working on a Micronauts movie. I know that JJ's really busy with Star Trek, Super 8, and various other titles. The fact that this article says that the movie is currently in the works makes me wonder if maybe the secrecy surrounding the Super 8 movie isn't a cover for The Micronauts movie.

J.J. Abrams Working On Micronauts Movie For Hasbro - Hasbro - ToyNewsI.com

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
                            Banned
                            • Oct 25, 2010

Thats actually a GREAT theory....hmmmm...After all, look at 'SLUSHO' and 'Cheese'....I'm still dying to know WHAT that creature was in Cloverfield! Most people that I know vote for alien, but I think that its a sea creature (infant) that was 'disturbed/awakened' by the off-shore drilling (way too deep..) of that Japanese Conglomorate. (They also have a food division - SLUSHO) Very cool stuff!

In the trailer for Super 8, they DO imply that some sort of "alien(s)" are involved, and they are for SURE invoking a very mid-70s vibe....

VERY cool if so!

Maybe that 'thing' punching it's way out of the crate is 'BUG'?!?

Comment

• MicroMan66
                              • Jan 9, 2011

Maybe we'll see three lines(Mego vintage style, Marvel comic 2 packs, and modern) Maybe the modern will be movie based stuff. Not everyone has a lot of the imports. How about Microlady versions of Marionette and Slug?

Comment

• acrovader
                                Career Member
                                • Jan 19, 2011

Kind of worried about how they are going to "update" the characters. I seriously doubt Baron Karza will look like the MEGO figure or the Marvel character.

I hope we don't get something like the Transformers or GI Joe movie.
                                I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎