Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • censy
    thread killer
    • Sep 26, 2007

I can’t 100% confirm it. But I believe that Hasbro is using the Marvel characters. At least in the early stages, the comics were being used as source material.

Chris

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by censy
      I can’t 100% confirm it. But I believe that Hasbro is using the Marvel characters. At least in the early stages, the comics were being used as source material.

Chris
      Where did you hear that? That would totally rock.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• censy
        thread killer
        • Sep 26, 2007

I worked there doing some design work and the marvel comics were making the rounds and being scanned and used in PowerPoint presentations. Things could have changed, but it looked like those were the jumping off point.

Chris

Comment

• danadoll
          Micronaut Nut!
          • Apr 11, 2005

Holy Hannah!...That would be awesome!

Marvel/Hasbro has a 3 3/4 inch line right now too...I'm guessing, if they are doing the Marvel characters, they'll be that scale (I hope, I hope, I hope!).

BTW: I'd also love to see the 5 MM ports and peg system incorporated into the line somehow (if only for glider wingpacks, foot peg holes, interchangable heads?, etc..).

Dana
          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Blitzkid
            • Feb 20, 2010

Originally posted by johnmiic
            Is there anything in the press releases to support the idea that the toy company & J.J. Abrams are doing a Micronauts re-launch based on ideas and situations in connection with the old Marvel Bill Mantlo & Michael Golden comic book? I know that Mike Mantlo, who is Bill's brother, could certainly use the royalties as Bill Mantlo requires round the clock medical care and monitoring. Also Marvel owns certain characters and if they aren't in on this you won't see Bug, Acroyear, the Commander or Marrionette as they appeared in the comic.

Also, love this custom from those Marvel Boards!

http://holdyourfireal.smugmug.com/CO...22_QuG9y-L.jpg
            I believe that is an acroyear resin model kit-been trying to find one for awhile but no dice.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Is there anything in the press releases to support the idea that the toy company & J.J. Abrams are doing a Micronauts re-launch based on ideas and situations in connection with the old Marvel Bill Mantlo & Michael Golden comic book? I know that Mike Mantlo, who is Bill's brother, could certainly use the royalties as Bill Mantlo requires round the clock medical care and monitoring. Also Marvel owns certain characters and if they aren't in on this you won't see Bug, Acroyear, the Commander or Marrionette as they appeared in the comic.

OMG! I would love contemporary Micronauts with this level of detail.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• AcroRay
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 17, 2005

I've seen that offered as a resin kit from Italy on eBay a couple of times.
                Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• bgiles73
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 14, 2010

Everyone needs to watch the trailer for JJ Abrahams upcoming alien movie "Super 8". Forsome reason or other I have a feeling this may be our "Micronauts" movie. This is being advertised in a viral campaign similar to what was done with "Cloverfield". Little clues have me thinking this may be it! Watch the trailer here:
                  Super 8 Teaser Online + Official Site Viral Site | TrekMovie.com

Comment

• spamn
                    Minty and All-Original!
                    • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by bgiles73
                    Everyone needs to watch the trailer for JJ Abrahams upcoming alien movie "Super 8". Forsome reason or other I have a feeling this may be our "Micronauts" movie. This is being advertised in a viral campaign similar to what was done with "Cloverfield". Little clues have me thinking this may be it! Watch the trailer here:
                    Super 8 Teaser Online + Official Site Viral Site | TrekMovie.com
                    Yeah, I saw that trailer in front of Iron Man 2, but I didn't connect it to Micronauts. What are the clues?

Comment

• danadoll
                      Micronaut Nut!
                      • Apr 11, 2005

I doubt that film has anything to do with the Micronauts.

Dana

Comment

• bgiles73
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 14, 2010

I was reading several blogs...Something about 1979 and the year that the Mego line stopped...Super 7 is a site that deals in Japanese Toys and several Magazine published by them were about Micronauts...and just the way that JJ Abrahams does these viral campaigns makes me think that this could be something. I also read on another Micronaughts blog site that a teaser trailer for the film may be coming soon. So, I don't know I may be getting worked up over nothing, but you never know. I also heard that this might be for an old Spielberg movie idea, "Dark Skies", but why all the secrecy? That's the fun part about these viral campaigns, figuring it all out.

Comment

• AcroRay
                          Persistent Member
                          • Apr 17, 2005

I think we're likely to hear from Hasbro before we hear any news of a movie from Bad Robot or anyone else. Toys are the primary component of the property.

BTW: No offence meant, but it's "Micronauts", not "Micronaughts".

In related news, Hasbro is inducting two of Japan's earliest Diaclone/Microman designers into their "Transformers Hall of Fame", and the news release specifically notes Micronauts among one of the designers' works.

Hasbro Announces 4 Human Hall of Fame Inductees, Plus Bot Voting Starts Today Transformers

This is interesting not only due to the prominant mention of Micronauts, but also a strong acknowledgement (if not by name) of the Microman/Diaclone origins of Transformers - something Hasbro and much of the Transformers community IMO has been reluctant at best to embrace.
                          Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                          AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                          The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                          Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• bgiles73
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 14, 2010

[QUOTE=AcroRay;534294]
                            BTW: No offence meant, but it's "Micronauts", not "Micronaughts".

:/QUOTE]

That's a bad habit of mine there.

Comment

• danadoll
                              Micronaut Nut!
                              • Apr 11, 2005

The quality issues with Palisades' Micronauts were really unfortunate (it seemed to be mostly the clear plastics that were so fragile).

I personally, liked their new color choices for their figures (it differenciated them from their Mego ancestors just enough)...But I guess Palisades got the shaft thanks to their choices in factories to produce their figures (who used substandard plastics)...Unfortunately, the customers also suffered, due to the bad quality of the figures.

It's too bad they weren't able to correct the issues sooner...Before mass production.

Dana

Comment

• samurainoir
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by danadoll
                                The quality issues with Palisades' Micronauts were really unfortunate (it seemed to be mostly the clear plastics that were so fragile).

I personally, liked their new color choices for their figures (it differenciated them from their Mego ancestors just enough)...But I guess Palisades got the shaft thanks to their choices in factories to produce their figures (who used substandard plastics)...Unfortunately, the customers also suffered, due to the bad quality of the figures.

It's too bad they weren't able to correct the issues sooner...Before mass production.

Dana
                                I was so delighted to get a Baron Karza boxset for Christmas one year, only to have the horse's leg fall off as soon as I pulled it out of the package.
                                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎