Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were your Halloween Movies this year?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trekman101
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2009

"night of the living dead" and "mad monster party"
    "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• Type3Toys
      Home Of The Type3 Body
      • Jan 18, 2005

I just stuck with the basics, original Frankenstein, Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman and a few Night Stalker dvd's.
      LOOK
      Action Figure Design & Prototypes
      For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
      To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Me and the boy watched "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstien" on Friday night. After he went to bed, the wife and I watched Burton's "Sleepy Hollow" and on Saturday night after trick or treat the boy and I ended our round of classic horror with "House of Frankenstein". After he was off to bed, TCM aired "The Body Snatcher" with Karloff and I watched it. Great, creepy movie! Great end to a great Halloween.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by megoapesnut
          Bingo! I can never get through Halloween without watching those 2 back to back
          Yeah then you get to 3 and you're like what the hell happened here?
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I had the pleasure of receiving some classic Universal horrors for my birthday. I watched those, & also my all-time favorite The Abominable Dr. Phibes with Vincent Price, on Turner Classic Movies.

Maybe I'm warped, but I find Phibes hilarious & creepy. I've probably seen it 50 times.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

^^ Phibes would make a really cool Bat-villain.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

I watched The Corpse Bride and then caught whatever Apes movie Fox Movie Channel was airing.

Comment

• darklord1967
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2008

A few of my drama high school students came over for a halloween movie party triple feature that my wife and I hosted. We put out tons of candy. cookies, chips, soda, popcorn and pizza. Then at around 2:00 PM or so, I dimmed the lights and presented the day's first feature.

First, I scared the CRAP out of those kids with the 2004 version of Dawn of the Dead. I gotta admit, I amused myself silly screening that film. There was so much screaming and cowering behind fingers during even just the opening scene when Ana (Sarah Polley) and her husband Luis are visited early in the morning in their bedroom by zombified little girl Vivian (Hannah lochner). She promptly takes a nice, big, juicy bite out of Luis' throat, killing him. Then when he rises moments later, it is as yet another ravenous zombie bent on eating Ana...

Ah.. that was a good one.

Next up, I threw on 1985's vampire classic Fright Night. The kids got a real kick out of watching teenager Charlie Brewster (William Ragsdale) desperately trying to prove to his girlfriend, his mom, and his best buddy that the new next door neighbor Jerry Dandridge (Chris Sarandon) is not only a serial killer, but also a vampire! When all else fails he attempts to enlist the help of has-been horror TV personality Peter Vincent: Vampire Killer (Roddy McDowall) to kill Dandridge and save his kidnapped girlfriend from the fiend.

Now, by the time that film ended it was already after 6:00 Pm here in New York, and it had gotten dark out. That was when I chose to screen the original 1978 Halloween. Surprisingly, even though this film is somewhat slow with its exposition and character development, the kids hung in there with it, and were unnerved by the film's moody atmosphere. Of course when Michael Myers' climactic killing spree begins, the kids couldn't cower deeply enough into my sofa!

As the evening drew to a close, the students requested seeing some of the "highlight" moments of The Exorcist. How could I refuse them? They didn't make it past the crucifix masterbation scene.

So much for jaded teenagers!
                  I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• toysrus
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 23, 2007

For the kids-Mad Monster party and Charlie Brown Halloween. Myself~ Session 9

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                      Formerly known as Del
                      • Dec 12, 2004

This year was a stay-at-home Halloween, due to recent family events. So we recorded a bunch of movies from TCM. We had warmed up a couple days before by getting Halloween on Blu-Ray. So on Saturday, we watched Halloween 4, then my husband took a break for football, then we started up the DVR for Dead of Night and The Haunting(the original). I had never seen Dead of Night before, but loved it. There are some slow parts, but the ending makes it completely worthwhile.
                      Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                      https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                      http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• Randy
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 12, 2006

Watched The Orphan and Trick r Treat (2009) both were really good!

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Randy
                          Watched The Orphan and Trick r Treat (2009) both were really good!
                          Hah, I saw a clip of the Orphan, she kills a kid on the same slide that my own childen play on. It was filmed close to my house.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• toys2cool
                            Ultimate Mego Warrior
                            • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by darklord1967
                            A few of my drama high school students came over for a halloween movie party triple feature that my wife and I hosted. We put out tons of candy. cookies, chips, soda, popcorn and pizza. Then at around 2:00 PM or so, I dimmed the lights and presented the day's first feature.

First, I scared the CRAP out of those kids with the 2004 version of Dawn of the Dead. I gotta admit, I amused myself silly screening that film. There was so much screaming and cowering behind fingers during even just the opening scene when Ana (Sarah Polley) and her husband Luis are visited early in the morning in their bedroom by zombified little girl Vivian (Hannah lochner). She promptly takes a nice, big, juicy bite out of Luis' throat, killing him. Then when he rises moments later, it is as yet another ravenous zombie bent on eating Ana...

Ah.. that was a good one.

Next up, I threw on 1985's vampire classic Fright Night. The kids got a real kick out of watching teenager Charlie Brewster (William Ragsdale) desperately trying to prove to his girlfriend, his mom, and his best buddy that the new next door neighbor Jerry Dandridge (Chris Sarandon) is not only a serial killer, but also a vampire! When all else fails he attempts to enlist the help of has-been horror TV personality Peter Vincent: Vampire Killer (Roddy McDowall) to kill Dandridge and save his kidnapped girlfriend from the fiend.

Now, by the time that film ended it was already after 6:00 Pm here in New York, and it had gotten dark out. That was when I chose to screen the original 1978 Halloween. Surprisingly, even though this film is somewhat slow with its exposition and character development, the kids hung in there with it, and were unnerved by the film's moody atmosphere. Of course when Michael Myers' climactic killing spree begins, the kids couldn't cower deeply enough into my sofa!

As the evening drew to a close, the students requested seeing some of the "highlight" moments of The Exorcist. How could I refuse them? They didn't make it past the crucifix masterbation scene.

So much for jaded teenagers!
                            Fright Night is always a must
                            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              ^^ Phibes would make a really cool Bat-villain.
                              Quite true--"camp" in a good way.

I'm surprised that someone hasn't done Phibes customs (like Matt Jaycox), or shrunk down the 12" figure heads.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LadyZod
                                Superman's Gal Pal
                                • Jan 27, 2007

I was forced to watch Night of the Living dead 3 times...back to back.

After that I watched Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon which I enjoyed MUCH more that I thought I was going to. If you're a fan of 80's Slasher flicks, it's a great satire in the vein of Spinal Tap.
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                                Check out my art:
                                Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                                Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎