X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tothiro
    Kitten Mittens
    • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by Dave Mc
    Just a few words from someone who has been involved with these EMCE fellas. I've been involved in the first couple waves as a tailor. It's been a lot of fun, but it's also been WORK. Before you respond, be prepared to take this seriously. There are deadlines that must be met, and a lot is depending on you who take up the challenge to provide assistance in a timely manner.

Be prepared for feedback you might not want to hear. Remember, there are a couple BIG corporations involved in this, and they have the final say, so check your ego at the door.

But, if you work on these, you'll be part of bringing new Mego to the masses, and that's a cool feeling. The EMCE guys (Paul and Joe) really "get" the Mego thing, even if Mattel and DC don't always, so it's a lot of fun to work with these guys, but it IS work.

I would recommend that you don't respond unless you are prepared to work and meet deadlines.
    Yes. I'm very familiar with both corporate goal and deadline requirements. Beside my sculpture for hire work I was also head of creative services for an indie film company in NYC, and oversaw the packaging, P&A and poster duties. With something turn-key production like this a slight schedule snag snowballs into a huge problem, costing a LOT of money. It's not just about your little bit... because all manner of other departments depend on the working time they need and lose when your part isn't ready (photography, license approval, production sampling, manufacture, sales... every little bump can cost).

As far as critique - Again I completely agree. What we may do in our own time can meet whatever standard "we think" is right. What a professional does for hire only has one judge that counts and that's the client. You can feel however you like about your own work and whether that is aesthetically valid or not simply doesn't matter. If the client is not happy you are failing them, end of story.

Dave's is great advice and something for us all to factor in.

Comment

• garagesale
      Dept. of Mego Studies
      • Aug 8, 2006

You can bet Marvel will follow up with 8 inch figs. It seems that no matter what one company does the other follows. It goes all the way back to DC coming in w/Aquaman to follow Sub Mariner, through the creation of the Fant.4 after the success of JLA, Hasbro's DC figs. following ToyBiz's FC, etc.

Let's hope the Marvel ones are as Mego-ey as the Mattel DC ones, and let's hope Doc and the gang have a hand in it!

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• jquest
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 19, 2007

Calling Captain Mego!!! Somebody call in the Captain!! This is right down his alley!! The stuff he puts out is amazing and I would love to see some of his designs made!!!

Comment

• saildog
          Permanent Member
          • Apr 9, 2006

No matter what you do, you have to know how to tap into your resources. One thing I have always admired about Doc is he just gets it on so many levels and tapping into the resource known as "The Mego Museum" is using your resources on a grand scale.

I realize there are opinions, constraints, and deadlines to work with, but it is my observed opinion that the talent exists to dazzle all along his checklist of needs and there are folks here that can do it right the first time.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Somebody call BK and Type3Toys, they'd be perfect for this
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Bones
              Museum Patron
              • Oct 4, 2009

Great to hear there's a lot of industry interest in this line. Best of luck to all involved!

Comment

• wyldpny
                Star Trek Mego Customizer
                • Jan 29, 2008

PM sent
                Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
                Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
                Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"

Comment

• trekman101
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 6, 2009

PM sent
                  "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• Edgaar
                    Museum Patron
                    • Dec 7, 2007

pm sent
                    Edgaar
                    Delaware (no really... Delaware)

* Not sure where I'm going - but I'm pretty sure where I've been....
                    * not mego - but my customs - http://www.toymania.com/custom/Galle...ar/edgaar1.htm

sigpic

Comment

• Raydeen1
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 23, 2008

Would be a no brainer for Scott and Dida Displays to get in on the action.

Comment

• drmego
                        EMCE Toys
                        • Jun 15, 2001

I want to thank everyone who responded to this thread. It will take me a few
                        days to respond to everyone.

At this time, we are not making boxes. No one is willing to pay for the high
                        cost of box production - at least not yet.

For those we do contact - we will be asking for a new item to be made of
                        our choosing. You will be paid for the work, but we want to be sure that
                        the person can produce from scratch the quality shown in the samples.
                        www.drmego.com
                        www.megoman.com
                        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• supes
                          For the love of Mego's!
                          • Jan 19, 2004

This is really exciting! Way to go Doc!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• mego73
                            Printed paperboard Tiger
                            • Aug 1, 2003

Hoping I can do a card or two for you guys but no matter what, I can't wait to see what you guys come up with next.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• Flynne
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jan 22, 2003

Gaa!! I'm tardy again!! PM Sent!
                              An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

I can hold my own in sculpting and sewing, but I'm crap at getting pics, uploading photos, and I'm halfway across the world.

Not the most ideal position to join in the fun...

Good luck, guys and girls! Wish I could join you....
                                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎