• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spamn
    Minty and All-Original!
    • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by pmwasson
    -- bump --

Now that the iron man toys are out, has anyone spotted this guy? I've seen some that look like 10", but not an 8" one.
    He's not among any Iron Man 2 toy setups I've seen at TRU. There is a smaller than 12" Figure out, but it's shinier and less articulated than that one. Might be the 10" figure you're talking about.

If we're not going to get an 8" retro line from Hasbro, or even if we are, I wouldn't mind a 8" rotocast line with the Marvel Legends/Unleashed 360 body design from Marvel, or the same points of articulation. The 12" rotocast line from a few years back was pretty affordable. So long as they stop with the swivel hips; some of the rotocast 12" had ball and peg hips.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by pmwasson
      -- bump --

Now that the iron man toys are out, has anyone spotted this guy? I've seen some that look like 10", but not an 8" one.
      Yes I have seen one. He looks good, and may indeed be 8" in height...but the proportions are wrong. The Head is too small to fit in with the Megos, and look right. I'll probably still buy one anyway...but he won't stand on the Mego Shelf.
      sigpic

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

Okay. I haven't seen the 8" on shelves yet. Here he is at amazon:
        Amazon.com: Iron Man 2 Mark VI Movie 8-Inch Action Figure: Toys Games
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Saw him for $14.99 at Newberry Comics....and they're expensive!Probably be cheaper at Toys R' Us.
          sigpic

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

saw one that looked to be more like 10" at a TrU whilst looking for the retro action fellows.

The head was out of proportion to the 10" body tho, and might make a good custom for mego scale. It was in a larger box with a bunch of armor parts or something like that in it.

Comment

• megocrazy
              Museum Trouble Maker
              • Feb 18, 2007

Looks just like the Clix, pez-like candy dispenser head.
              It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 12, 2005

We have one at our TRU in Wisconsin and he comes to about 9 inches. So there measuring is a bit off. I was all excited for a minute and was about to pick him up when I noticed the size when I compared him to some of the Retro DC figures that were next to him.
                More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• starsky
                  veteran member
                  • Aug 26, 2007

saw both ironman and warmachine. they look pretty good.

Comment

• Colf72
                    • Feb 21, 2008

I went to my local TRU looking for the new WGSH, they didn't have any, so instead of leaving empty handed I picked up this bad boy. I like it. Not retro in the least but is the right size and despite everyone's reaction to that pic not skinny at all. Cool toy.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by Colf72
                      I went to my local TRU looking for the new WGSH, they didn't have any, so instead of leaving empty handed I picked up this bad boy. I like it. Not retro in the least but is the right size and despite everyone's reaction to that pic not skinny at all. Cool toy.
                      I keep finding that 9 1/2 inch one. I wish they'd get that 8 Inch one to my TRU store.

I found an "8 inch" one on eBay really cheap. I bid on it and snagged it. So, I will see how this "8 inch" Ironman compares to Mego figures soon.

I don't know. I like it. I can't wait to set him next to Thor and Captain American and the Avengers. That will determine if he "fits in" with the other Megos. Ironman should look like he is in armor. Not knocking the Mego Iroman but they tried and did what they had to do back then.
                      Last edited by Cosmicman; Mar 10, '10, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• spamn
                        Minty and All-Original!
                        • Mar 28, 2002

I wonder if any of my local TRUs will get this guy before the Mattel Retro series? All the ones I've been to lately have plenty of Iron Man 2 toys, but not this figure.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by spamn
                          I wonder if any of my local TRUs will get this guy before the Mattel Retro series? All the ones I've been to lately have plenty of Iron Man 2 toys, but not this figure.
                          I thought of that to but all the TRUs in my area do not have this figure. eBay is your best bet right now. When he makes it my house, I will post pictures of him standing next to Megos. From there, we can determine if he is worth purchasing.

Otherwise, Captain Mego has made the best Ironman I have ever seen.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

He doesn't look very articulated.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• spamn
                              Minty and All-Original!
                              • Mar 28, 2002

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
                              I thought of that to but all the TRUs in my area do not have this figure. eBay is your best bet right now. When he makes it my house, I will post pictures of him standing next to Megos. From there, we can determine if he is worth purchasing.

Otherwise, Captain Mego has made the best Ironman I have ever seen.
                              Cool, and agreed.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎