X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
    There aren't enough interesting Villains in the DC Universe...I'd rather see more Heroes.
    Are you kidding me? You could fill at least 3 waves with Batman's villains alone
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Gremlin517
      Three reasons, the first one is just selfish--I really want to see as many heroes made as possible, two, that I don't think the villains will sell as well and three that I think we'll run out of good villains before we would run out of good heroes...

Grem-
      Granted, not every hero has equally interesting villains, but there are enough to warrant more than one per wave. And since these aren't targeted solely at collectors, but children as well you'll need villains. After all, heroes can't be fighting eachother, so I think the villains will sell just as good as the heroes
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

I wonder how closely Mattel is listening to us....or how much our opinion "really" matters. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could actually vote on who they'd make next?
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Doc Mego probably passes on some of these ideas, but I don't know if he has much say in the matter or if they listen to him (us)

Comment

• j_scott_o
            • Nov 14, 2009

Captain Boomerang gets my vote. Although not on LoD, I liked him in the JLU episodes.

Comment

• drmego
              EMCE Toys
              • Jun 15, 2001

Everyone loves to make up lists - Joe and I do it, the guys at Mattel do it too.

The real question is what characters does DC want AND the public will buy
              in sufficient numbers AND are not going to cost too much to make.
              www.drmego.com
              www.megoman.com
              www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                Time to feed the cat
                • Dec 30, 2007

Bizzarro would be first on my wish list,don't know how he could have ever been past on by mego originally.

Comment

• drmego
                  EMCE Toys
                  • Jun 15, 2001

Bizarro used to look too much like Superman - now they have his outfit
                  purple and violet and his face is more demented, so he looks less like
                  a badly drawn Superman.
                  www.drmego.com
                  www.megoman.com
                  www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                    Time to feed the cat
                    • Dec 30, 2007

Thanks for the feedback,The resemplance was what I always liked about him.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I like the classic crystalline Bizarro.

I agree that I'd like to see heroes & foes in pairs.

I'd vote for Grodd to complement Flash in wave 2 (because it's much easier to do a Capt. Cold custom lol).

Besides, kids love apes & he's on JLA/B&B a lot. However, I really can't see Mattel investing in all that new tooling to do a proper gorilla.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by drmego
                        Everyone loves to make up lists - Joe and I do it, the guys at Mattel do it too.

Hey! That's really COOL to know Paul! You Guys are Geeks too! Thanks for sharing that...it makes the "wish List" game more FUN!
                        sigpic

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                          WANTED for card bending
                          • Apr 26, 2008

Flash Villain would have to be reverse flash, though the trickster would be awesome. Scarecrow is way overdue, as are Brainiac and Grundy

Comment

• Remco Monster
                            GLOWS in the Dark!
                            • May 3, 2006

Black Manta or Solomon Grundy

Comment

• johnpauljones
                              • Oct 13, 2007

Have to go with Batman/Scarecrow and Flash /Mirror Master.
                              Scarecrow is overdue and he was in Batman begins so the casual fan would recognize him.

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

In my humble opinion, I think the Flash is MUST for the second series. He has been around a long time, been done countless times as a custom figure, but has never been "officially" produced and distributed in Mego size. I think the market is there and the cost is considerably less than say the Green Arrow would be to make. In my eyes, if they do this they will make history. Right now their only repeating history. Time to make a distinction from the traditional Mego line and go after traditional heroes the Mego line missed as well. I think the market is ripe for the Flash.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎