X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toysrus
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 23, 2007

toys r us

Bought them at Toys r us back in 88. Sold the Carded micronauts last year( 2006) on ebay, the joes i sold some, may still have 2-3 more. It was the small gi-joes, i'm going to say released in 84 or so. I believe i had a cobra soldier,roadblock and air- something.But i'm not a big joe guy, i'll have to search for which ones i have left.

I held on to those toys until i needed the cash. Cant complain only paid 99 cents each and sold those carded time travelers for around 100 a pop, but they were called interchangeables.

Yep fun times at toys r us.

Originally posted by toys2cool
    Good story,so you bought the toys in 88 and sold them on ebay? So how long did you save them for? and what Joes were they? I also worked in toys r us stocking the toys and in the back stockroom in 2000,I use to be able to open the cases and take the good ones back then SLU were worth money and Star Wars figures,those were good times

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by toysrus
      Bought them at Toys r us back in 88. Sold the Carded micronauts last year( 2006) on ebay, the joes i sold some, may still have 2-3 more. It was the small gi-joes, i'm going to say released in 84 or so. I believe i had a cobra soldier,roadblock and air- something.But i'm not a big joe guy, i'll have to search for which ones i have left.

I held on to those toys until i needed the cash. Cant complain only paid 99 cents each and sold those carded time travelers for around 100 a pop, but they were called interchangeables.

Yep fun times at toys r us.
      cool if you find those Joes let me know
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• toysrus
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 23, 2007

will do

For sure! Give me some time though. I'm currently on crutches( broke my leg last month). So its hard getting around and real hard to dig around through my many boxes of old toys.

Originally posted by toys2cool
        cool if you find those Joes let me know

Comment

• Jet-Jungle
          • Aug 23, 2007

K-mart mostly it was close to my house.
          Air-Way which became Target.
          JC Penneys.
          Sometimes if I was real lucky we would drive 40 minutes away to the greatest toystore ever CHIDRENS PALACE!
          CP was the last place I ever got Mego Figures at in like 83 or 84, Mr Fantastic and the Human Torch on Spanish cards. My Grandpa was freaked out by them, he was like "I though you were over these weird dolls, are you sure you don't want some more GI JOES"?
          I got 2 Mr Fantastics and turned my old Robin into Johnny Storm that night.
          Wish I coulda got Ben and Sue.
          sigpic

Comment

• Blackkryptonite
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 28, 2006

There was a Toys By Roy at our local mall that later became KB Toys but has since gone out of business. That is where my folks bought most of my toys but K-Mart was another big one they went to back then.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Mostly Ben Franklin's and Howard's for off the shelf purchases. I believe my mom did most of her Christmas shopping through Sears. We had a catalog-only store in town.

Wal-Mart came to town when I was 9. So some of my late toy purchases like Super Powers, GI Joe RAH and Transformers came from there as well.

When we ventured out of town I sometimes found things at Hecks and Hills.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Jet-Jungle
                K-mart mostly it was close to my house.
                Air-Way which became Target.
                JC Penneys.
                Sometimes if I was real lucky we would drive 40 minutes away to the greatest toystore ever CHIDRENS PALACE!
                CP was the last place I ever got Mego Figures at in like 83 or 84, Mr Fantastic and the Human Torch on Spanish cards. My Grandpa was freaked out by them, he was like "I though you were over these weird dolls, are you sure you don't want some more GI JOES"?
                I got 2 Mr Fantastics and turned my old Robin into Johnny Storm that night.
                Wish I coulda got Ben and Sue.

Hey another Indiana guy (Hoosier) that went to Ayr-Way and got toys, too! Children's Palace's (in Evansville) ended up being another big place for me to buy toys. I too, was finding Mego's there until the late '80's: WGSH's, Greatest American Hero, CHiPs, Star Trek and Buck Rogers.

- Ian
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• brannon86
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jul 20, 2007

Toys

Oh yeah, I forgot Howard Brothers, and TG&Y, and JC Pennys also. When Toys R US finally came into town, I had outgrown toys by then...Well, not really, I still love toys, at 40, Ha

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎