X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Lynn TXP 0369
    At only 1000 pieces is the reason, if they made 10,000 or 100,000 pieces then the prices would be lower. It always cost more to make less.
    Lynn
    I'm a firm believer in making more of an item, at a lower price, so we can ALL enjoy it.
    I don't care about lower production runs or how "rare" an item is.
    I enjoy the toy, and at a lower price I'd buy more stuff from that company.
    In the end they'd make just as much money from me, only I would have more stuff!

When I'm Ruler of the Universe, I'll make sure everyone gets cool but affordable figures!!!
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• megozilla13
      Persistent Member
      • May 10, 2002

The broken helmet seems to be a common occurance. The store I ordered mine from is delaying shipping because when they checked the figure they were mailing me, the helmet was broken in the box and when they checked the others they had in stock, all 3 were broken. Although I'm sure its beautiful, maybe using real glass was a poor choice.
      I've been looking forward to receiving him for a long time, he looks incredible.
      mikej
      WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• michael crawford
        Museum Super Collector
        • Dec 15, 2008

If you're stupid enough to drop the helmet, it's going to break. That's what I did - it arrived just fine. There was a problem with the early shipments where they didn't pack it well and they were broken in the package, but that was corrected.

It's not a bad idea to use glass - you just have to handle it carefully.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 12, 2004

I really want this figure, but from what I read on the Sideshow forum, nearly everyone who ordered this figure received it damaged. Not just the glass helmet, but heads, visors, rocket pack, etc. People are having to send the damaged stuff in for replacements. It hardly seems worth the hassle.

Edit: I bought one, and it's amazing. It arrived in perfect condition!
          Last edited by GlobalObserver; Jun 24, '10, 2:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎