Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayhank
    That Fisher Price Guy
    • Feb 9, 2007

Are those Clubhouse pics from ebay? That is a very nice looking set and looks to be near complete. The only thing I see missing from it is Bert. But it does contain two of the hardest pieces to get: the yellow slide and the round yellow cable spool.

I now have about 30 complete sets and I am slowly taking pics of each one to show all the correct accessories and people for each set. I will be posting the pics in the user gallery as a reference for anyone interested in collecting these.
    Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by grayhank
      Are those Clubhouse pics from ebay? That is a very nice looking set and looks to be near complete. The only thing I see missing from it is Bert. But it does contain two of the hardest pieces to get: the yellow slide and the round yellow cable spool.

I now have about 30 complete sets and I am slowly taking pics of each one to show all the correct accessories and people for each set. I will be posting the pics in the user gallery as a reference for anyone interested in collecting these.
      Yes, in fact they are. This is up for auction on ebay now. When I looked today (so, I could post some pics), this set was going for around $75.00.

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• grayhank
        That Fisher Price Guy
        • Feb 9, 2007

Here is a preview pic of the Fisher Price Little People gallery I'm working on. This is the #192 School Bus which originally started in 1965 and remained in production until the end of the vintage line in 1990. It had undergone many changes in its 25 year history. The most notable being the Stop Sign on the side of the bus was omitted very early on. Finding one with the stop sign still attached is a difficult accomplishment as they easily broke off.

The little people themselves went through many changes from being all wood bodies & heads to all plastic. There were many different little people variations released with this set over the years. My picture shows one of the actual combinations from one of the earliest releases. The 6 children pictured are all wood and correct for the first issue of this set but the dog however was originally all Tan and is one of the rarist pieces to find. Later releases had the wood black dog with yellow collar (as shown). If you look real close you can see that all 6 kids match the picture on the side of the bus. This picture remained the same for the entire production run even though many of the children had changed.

In order for early sets to be accurate the bus people always consist of 3 boys, 3 girls and 1 dog. There are always 2 of each body color (red, blue & green); one combination of these colors for the boys and one for the girls. Plus there will always be 3 with red hair or hats and 3 with yellow hair or hats. Finding a set with the proper combination of colors takes a lot of work. Most ebay sellers tend to wrongly add whatever extra little people they have onto the bus, trying to pass it off as complete & accurate.

I am very proud of this set. Hope you enjoy it!

Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎