X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theressa
    Sewing...?
    • Jun 13, 2004

AFA grading a mailer box?

Wondering if anyone has done so and if it was worth it to them?

I have the MPC Apes playset in a sealed Sears box. If there was one piece in my collection I'd get graded this would be a contender.

Maybe for the fact I don't want to open it
    what would I need to send along with it to prove what it is?

Wants, original parts; thinking...
    It's the quiet ones you gotta watch!
    Custom suits, in time
    T_SUITS
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

you'd have to call and find out, but I think I heard someone say they open it and then grade it as uncirculated which means it's never been touched
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• MegoMark71
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 18, 2008

Yup pretty sure they have to open the carton.

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
        Banned
        • Feb 13, 2010

I got a original bionic woman first issue figure done and it was opened thing is sending in the post .... is a worry especially for UK

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

I don't trust AFA, so no.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
            Banned
            • Feb 13, 2010

Originally posted by Mister Blisterfists
            I don't trust AFA, so no.

Why not ? I got a bionic woman figure done and it was done professionally but one issue I had was getting it back in the post the hair is all over the place i spent hours getting it right but tipping the box about , as once the toy is inside that's it you cant get it out:(

Comment

• jds1911a1
              Alan Scott is the best GL
              • Aug 8, 2007

IF the mailer is clearly marked with the contents I can't see why they wouldn't. There are lots of rare variants in many lines that are mail order only (Clark Kent from Superpowers comes to mind) If the box is "generic" and only says the mfr (like the hasbro direct boxes from the 80's) then you might have to "break the seal: just to verify which mail in item it is

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by Karen-bionic-fan

Why not ? I got a bionic woman figure done and it was done professionally but one issue I had was getting it back in the post the hair is all over the place i spent hours getting it right but tipping the box about , as once the toy is inside that's it you cant get it out:(
                I'm sure the presentation is nice, but to me their reputation is tarnished.

AFA has been proven to have graded bootlegs, recards, fakes, and in regards to their loose grading, they have even graded figures with accessory pack weapons, and repro weapons.

this is all well documented.

when you're the "Authority" as they claim to be (That's what the second "A" in AFA stands for), then you should damn well better be able to spot a fake, which is one of the reasons we employ grading services in the first place.

if you can't, then you have no business calling yourself an authority on anything.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎