Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the new Ming!? You’ve got to be kidding me.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by tmthor
    "Did SciFi choose wisely this time around? “Flash” apparently got the greenlight over Moore’s “Galactica” prequel “Caprica,” which continues to molder on the channel’s development shelf."

You mean that they really chose this crap over a proven show.

If I was handling a Idon'T know a SciFi legend like Flash Gordon, Buck Rodgers or even the 6Mil Man I would try to stay close to source mat whenever I could. I know in some cases some elements have to change but this was to drastic (I know sometimes change is good but come on this is not one of those times) Is there a reason besides some producer wanting to be the one who said I changed Ming I made the new version of Flash Gordon. Is there a reason that every portrayal of ming looks the way he does....Because that is what works notice how most people have always drawn or portrayed him roughly similar untill now....Damn this show is making me wish George Lucas went out & got the Rights & make his own Flash Gordon can't be worse than this.
    Doesn't matter which show they choose, the resulting show would be too self conscious to be dazzling or inventive. But in the case of reviving an old property, it is a delicate magic trick to add new twists to it while preserving what makes it classic. But these people are not concerned with preserving what made an old property classic. They just treat the old property as a framework to jam their own composite idea of what can make a blockbuster or cult Sci-fi show.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• monkeyboy
      Museum Patron
      • Jul 31, 2007

already reruns i noticed

maybe they went back to drawing board?Or scrapped entire mess!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎