Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • piecemaker
    There's no need to fear..
    • Jan 26, 2009

Heres the side views of my mint condition Type 2 Shazam.

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Weird - I was just planning to ask the exact same question.

I recently picked up a Shazam with the NPP 1973 stamp on the neck, but a number of years ago, I bought a naked Shazam at a flea market, and just realized he has no stamp.

One one side, the flea market head has a very thin almost straight side-burn that doesn't touch the ear. On his other side, the side-burn is closer to a traditional Shazam, but the bottom has more of a point. I tend to agree that these are failed or excess Parker heads that were shifted into the Shazam line.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
        Short neck plug means it's just another Shazam head...AE's/SI's had long neck plugs because they were on Type 1 bodies. Sorry to be the "bubble burster" .
        The AE's/SI's did't come on Type 1 bodies. They came with no body in a box.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
          MeGoing
          • May 14, 2003

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          The AE's/SI's did't come on Type 1 bodies. They came with no body in a box.
          Yes, but at the time they were designed for type one bodies I believe.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I should have one of these half Peter Parker heads in a few days.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

This head has no copyright with Peter Parker style hair paint, but the paint is black and not dark brown. The fact that he has dark eyes makes him more accurate to the comic, where Peter had brown eyes, not blue. So this head is more Peter Parker than Shazam, in my opinion.

Last edited by LonnieFisher; Feb 16, '16, 7:58 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Everybody should check their Shazam figures to see if they have the hybrid head. There are a lot of unmarked Shazam heads, but I don't think there are a lot of the Peter Parker hair paint jobs.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

So, it's the (incorrect) PP paint mask used on the hair? The colors, as wellas the eyes & brows, look Shazam! to me.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    So, it's the (incorrect) PP paint mask used on the hair? The colors, as wellas the eyes & brows, look Shazam! to me.
                    Yes, it's the PP paint mask for the hair. On a non-copyrighted head. The hair color and face details are the Shazam style. But it still makes a more accurate Peter Parker than the blue eyed head.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

I'm looking to find a Shazam with the Peter Parker eye paint mask next. Not blue, but the same shape. I don't know if any exist, but I'm on the hunt!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

I realized that Piecemaker's Shazam head and my head are very different. His is a Shazam head while mine is actually a darker skinned t-1 head with the long neck plug. No markings, long neck plug, darker skin, PP hair "paint mask" all make this mostly Peter Parker. The eye paint is what is Shazam's. So he's mostly Peter, with dark eyes. Which is more comic accurate.
                        I think this one is an amazing find.
                        I wonder what the value would be on the market for something like this. What do you think?

Comment

• piecemaker
                          • Jan 26, 2009

Do you have a picture of the T-1 Shazam head you found?

I didn't see any pictures here anymore, here's the Shazam head I have with a marked Shazam head.

DSCN7315.jpgDSCN7314.jpg
                          Last edited by piecemaker; Sep 30, '17, 10:43 PM. Reason: added pictures

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by piecemaker
                            Do you have a picture of the T-1 Shazam head you found?

I didn't see any pictures here anymore, here's the Shazam head I have with a marked Shazam head.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21674[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21675[/ATTACH]
                            I actually don't remember posting on this thread, or what figure I had pictures of, but the figure without copyright info has the Peter Parker hair cut.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Piecemaker! Welcome back!!
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• piecemaker
                                • Jan 26, 2009

Hi PNGWynne, yeah it's been a couple years, so long I forgot my old password and had to get a new one,Lol, but I've been lurking around a little the past couple months or so, seeing what's new.

Thanks for the reply Lonnie, I've been curious about these "PP haircut" Shazam heads for awhile and was hoping to see the one you spoke of here.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎