Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • piecemaker
    There's no need to fear..
    • Jan 26, 2009

I found another Shazam head without the markings on back so I figured I would post some pics of the three together for comparison.

Shazam with Peter Parker like hair paint, no copyright info. Shazam T2 with no copyright info. Shazam T1 with copyright info on back.

DSCN7388.jpgDSCN7397.jpg

Comment

• josephcardone
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 10, 2010

This is soo interesting - so at some point Mego decided to re-use the Peter Parker paint mask for Shazam??

Comment

• piecemaker
        • Jan 26, 2009

Originally posted by josephcardone
        This is soo interesting - so at some point Mego decided to re-use the Peter Parker paint mask for Shazam??
        I thought it was an interesting head when I found it. I have had it for around 10 years or so. I didn't realize how old this thread was, time is flying by. While digging through some Mego parts I "found" the head again and checked out this thread again and saw Lonnie's posts. BTW Lonnie, I found one of the pics you posted online of the head you had.lppen.jpg

I can't speak for the head Lonnie found but the fact that many T2 Shazam heads have been found without the copyright info on back and only 1-T2 head with "PP hair", the one I posted here about 9 years ago and no more since, I have to think that this was a head that someone repainted long before I got it and like Blue Meanie told me years ago, "Short neck plug means it's just another Shazam head".

Comment

• Mr Mego
          Love to play with Megos
          • Oct 19, 2003

Interesting thread. I received Shazam without copyright on the back of the neck today. I have been searching Info about no copyright on the back of the neck and I found here. Hard to tell, I think he has reddish brownish or mocha coffee skin. He has black hair and black eyes. His neck plug is long and a bad hair rubs. Can you please explain me what color his skin has? My sight isn't clear sometimes, my left eye has pressure.

Edited. I've been tried uploaded the first pic was originally large and it is still showing up smaller pic...

received_10101576565687040.jpg P_20171014_131605.jpg P_20171014_131624.jpg P_20171014_131635.jpg
          Last edited by Mr Mego; Oct 14, '17, 6:47 PM.
          Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• Mr Mego
            Love to play with Megos
            • Oct 19, 2003

His head was dirty, I cleaned it.

Close ups

P_20171014_161814.jpg P_20171014_161827.jpg P_20171014_161806.jpg P_20171014_161800.jpg

Comment

• piecemaker
              • Jan 26, 2009

Originally posted by Mr Mego
              His head was dirty, I cleaned it.

Close ups

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21761[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]21762[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]21763[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]21764[/ATTACH]
              I believe that's a Type 2 Shazam head. I thought my Shazam was a Type 1 but from what Hobub said in an earlier post in this thread, it is a Type 2. If you look at my pics post #31 from left to right the heads are a Type 2 head, Type 2 Fist Fighter head with very short plug and a Type 1 head. There is a very small difference in head neck plug lengths between the left Type 2 head and right Type 1 pic shown in my post.

Comment

• Mr Mego
                Love to play with Megos
                • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by piecemaker
                I believe that's a Type 2 Shazam head. I thought my Shazam was a Type 1 but from what Hobub said in an earlier post in this thread, it is a Type 2. If you look at my pics post #31 from left to right the heads are a Type 2 head, Type 2 Fist Fighter head with very short plug and a Type 1 head. There is a very small difference in head neck plug lengths between the left Type 2 head and right Type 1 pic shown in my post.
                Thanks for your help. Mine has no markings on the back of the neck and he looks like mocha coffee skin. I'm not sure if it's reddish brownish. Can you tell what color he has?

Comment

• piecemaker
                  • Jan 26, 2009

Thanks for your help. Mine has no markings on the back of the neck and he looks like mocha coffee skin. I'm not sure if it's reddish brownish. Can you tell what color he has?
                  I don't know, it's hard to tell from your picture, one side is lighter than the other.

Comment

• Mr Mego
                    Love to play with Megos
                    • Oct 19, 2003

Originally posted by piecemaker
                    I don't know, it's hard to tell from your picture, one side is lighter than the other.
                    I used automatic pics. The sun is brighter, hard to see the color of the skin. It has dark mocha coffee skin. His head was dirty, I cleaned it yesterday.

P_20171014_142112.jpg

Comment

• piecemaker
                      • Jan 26, 2009

I used automatic pics. The sun is brighter, hard to see the color of the skin. It has dark mocha coffee skin. His head was dirty, I cleaned it yesterday.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21765[/ATTACH]
                      Yeah, it can be hard sometimes to get a really good picture that shows the true color of the skin. I think taking it outside in natural sunlight like you did is a good way to do it and the bigger picture helps. It looks like a dark mocha coffee color like you say.
                      The pictures I took were inside with the camera flash and it doesn't really show the true colors of the heads too well. The very short plug head has the darkest skin color, then the far left one and the Type 1 on right having the lightest skin color.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎