Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

Roberto, that Batman is great... but the Robin is perfect. I love that figure.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• bleit1701
      Career Member
      • Jan 1, 2009

Here's a few more...
      The Dynamic Duo

Batmen

Robin(s)

Earth 2 Robin
      Better late than never.....

Comment

• darklord1967
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by boss
        Roberto, that Batman is great... but the Robin is perfect. I love that figure.
        Thanks buddy! i'm hoping (pretty confidently) that his look won't change with the upgraded, more posable body i'm finishing up for him.
        I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• darklord1967
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by BlackKnight

To me, this is a SOLID 8 inches of . A perfect physique, and a perfect fit on the tights.

I hate you, Jason. And I say that with all the green-with-envy / jealously love in the world!
          Last edited by darklord1967; Aug 16, '09, 1:44 AM.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by darklord1967
            To me, this is a 8 SOLID inches of . A perfect physique, and a perfect fit on the tights.

I hate you, Jason. And I say that with all the green-with-envy / jealously love in the world!

Yes...I agree Roberto! I still want to own this Figure....BADLY!!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

Big thanks Guys,.. Here's another Pic for you Hater's.

Great Batman's Guys...., It's Funny,.. Mego Made Batman,.. But He is still Probably 1 of the Most Customized Characters.
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• darklord1967
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2008

Oh, okay. The classic BK "high-angle" shot.

Now you're just addin' salt in the wounds!

Originally posted by The Bat
                Yes...I agree Roberto! I still want to own this Figure....BADLY!!!!!!
                There, there Dane! No need to cry. The solution is pretty simple, really: Let's you and I fly to Seattle. We'll break into Jason's home and STEAL this Batman figure!

Then we'll share custody. You can hold onto him for six months, then I'll take him for six months. We'll take turns.

Sounds like a solid plan to me! And don't worry about Jason.
                He won't miss the figure. That guy's a genius. He can just make another one anytime he wants.
                Last edited by darklord1967; Aug 16, '09, 1:52 AM.

Comment

• Toron-Togosh
                  • Aug 5, 2009

Wow there's some amazing Batman's here to inspire any fledgling customizer like me.

I've got a LOT to live up to!

and Darklord, while BlackKnight's Batman is indeed a gorgeous piece of work, you certainly are no slouch in the custom department yourself. You have nothing to be jealous of!

Your classic Dynamic Duo are great! The masks are removable you say? Wow! Any pics of them without the masks? I see you made leathery boots too like Blackknight and Megospidey did on theirs. How do you guys make those? And where can i get finger gloves for megos like on these figures. I'd hate to use the mego vinyl oven mitts on my customs

I would buy your dynamic duo in a second if they were ever sold in stores. Robin really looks like a little boy (the way he should!) Is Robin a Mego body too? Production classic Robin figures never look like a young boy and I think that's a shame.

You did the Caped Crusaders proud, DL!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Here's a few of mine, Bats is 9 inch and Robin is a Teen Titan size body

My Joker
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Oh, okay. The classic BK "high-angle" shot.

Now you're just addin' salt in the wounds!

There, there Dane! No need to cry. The solution is pretty simple, really: Let's you and I fly to Seattle. We'll break into Jason's home and STEAL this Batman figure!

Then we'll share custody. You can hold onto him for six months, then I'll take him for six months. We'll take turns.

Sounds like a solid plan to me! And don't worry about Jason.
                      He won't miss the figure. That guy's a genius. He can just make another one anytime he wants.

Nope! Sorry Roberto...don't like the sharing idea...I want him to be MINE! ALL MINE!!! Besides...I think buying it off him would be cheaper than the Plane Tickets.
                      sigpic

Comment

• darklord1967
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        Here's a few of mine, Bats is 9 inch and Robin is a Teen Titan size body
                        Tbolt, I've always thought that this was one of the most interesting, original, and innovative approaches to a custom MEGO Dynamic Duo. Very well planned out, and executed!

I'm so glad you chimed in over here with these excellent figures good buddy! It is ALWAYS great to see them again!

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

I like my customs pretty Mego-esque looking. But I appreciate everyone's talents here.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• darklord1967
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by Toron-Togosh
                            Wow there's some amazing Batman's here to inspire any fledgling customizer like me.

I've got a LOT to live up to!

and Darklord, ... Your classic Dynamic Duo are great!
                            Thanks so much for the compliment, T-T! I tell, you, sometimes when i see the works of guys like Megospidey, Blackknight, T-bolt, and a few other friends over here, i realize how far i still have to go as a customizer.

masks are removable you say? Wow! Any pics of them without the masks?
                            At the moment i do not. However, These figures are currently undergoing renovation with all-new more posable bodies. The head sculpts and costumes will remain un-changed for the most part. When I un-veil the new version of these figureson these boards, I'll have a LOT more photos to show... including some "maskless" ones.

I see you made leathery boots too like Blackknight and Megospidey did on theirs. How do you guys make those? And where can i get finger gloves for megos like on these figures. I'd hate to use the mego vinyl oven mitts on my customs

Yeah, I made flexible leathery boots primarily out of necessity to preserve the figure's ankle articulation.

Cloth "Finger gloves" do not exist for purchase for MEGO figures (to the best of my knowledge). My Dynamic Duo wear "gloves" that are made of fabric glued directly to their hands (permanently), and pressed firmly into the sculpt of their fingers. I know how you feel about vinyl oven mitts (I agree with you). But the ironic truth is that even my custom MEGO Batman and Robin figures technically BOTH wear "mitts" (not gloves). They are just permanent, contoured to the finger outlines, and made of fabric (instead of being removable, oversized, and made of garish vinyl)

Robin really looks like a little boy (the way he should!) Is Robin a Mego body too? Production classic Robin figures never look like a young boy and I think that's a shame.

Robin is based off of a modified 6 inch MEGO "Our Gang" body (a slightly re-sculpted Alfalfa, to be exact). And, yes, I clearly feel, as you do, that Robin should be a BOY wonder. i think that was what Bob Kane intended, and the concept that works best for the character.
                            Last edited by darklord1967; Aug 17, '09, 3:46 PM.

Comment

• darklord1967
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
                              Nope! Sorry Roberto...don't like the sharing idea...I want him to be MINE! ALL MINE!!! Besides...I think buying it off him would be cheaper than the Plane Tickets.
                              CRAP!!!!!! I was hoping you wouldn't notice that!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Tbolt, I've always thought that this was one of the most interesting, original, and innovative approaches to a custom MEGO Dynamic Duo. Very well planned out, and executed!

I'm so glad you chimed in over here with these excellent figures good buddy! It is ALWAYS great to see them again!
                                Thanks, man.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎