X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 60'schild
    Silver Haired Silver Ager
    • Mar 27, 2009

Flock around the Clock (for MOTU fans)

For those fans of the new (online only) MOTU classics line, there is a big discussion and poll going on right now at he-man.org regarding Mossman.

The Mattel design team (and our official Mattel liason at the board) are asking OUR help to determine whether or not the upcoming modern articulation style Mossman should be flocked (like the original 2 versions), unflocked or partially flocked (several photoshopped examples at the Org).

The designers would like to get ALL of our input by the end of this weekend so please visit the he-man.org forums and cast your vote!!

(Posted for those casual motu fans who might not already make that board their home away from home). For the rest of you ... move along... nothing to see here... please disperse ...
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

I liked the Design they showed... , I guess he is not flocked,.. I dunno I guess to me , it really doesn't matter anyway,.. I'd like to see Pics Flocked & unflocked for my Decission to be made on the Subject I suppose,.. But either Way,.. I hope to purchase Him.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• 60'schild
      • Mar 27, 2009

The pics (flocked/unflocked/partial) are all here:

Comment

• mazinz
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 2, 2007

I am partial to the semi flocked pic.
        "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

I personally like the flocked version
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

This isssue is being covered on several toy sites including thefwoosh, toynewsi and action figure insider as well as Matty's own facebook.

I feel Mossman without the moss is just a green Beastman. I think the spot or partial flocking is the best option.
            Last edited by Werewolf; Aug 9, '09, 4:35 PM.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• mazinz
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 2, 2007

I do like the full, but a few people mentioned if they go that route he would not have full articulation which is why I opted for the semi moss
              "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

I like the Partial Flock look Myself as well... It feel's more Like MossMan & not overly done. I was under the Impression that was the Pic they are showing off at Mattycollector site too.

The closed Mouth is better for him as well.
                It make him look More like an Individual character,.. rather than some Beastman repaint.
                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• 60'schild
                  • Mar 27, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  This isssue is being covered on several toy sites including thefwoosh, toynewsi and action figure insider as well as Matty's own facebook.
                  While it is indeed being talked about on several generic toy sites, the Mattel liason (TOYGURU) posted directly at He-man.org (the nexus of all things MOTU) and asked for the opinion of the membership there, even giving us a "deadline" of sorts for our comments.

Since we've begun doing this, Toyguru has responed, acknowledging our preferences thusfar and making some interesting comments about what they are going through with the design process.

I think it's great that other toy sites have picked up the news (and especially those who refer folks back to the org to participate in the discussion at MOTUC Ground Zero!

(BTW, it's great to have the Mattel rep come on board and ASK for input while they are still in the prototype stage! Talk about directly involving your target demographic!!)

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎