Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EMCE Trek Cases are numbered...

Images

EMCE Trek Cases are numbered...

Don't know if anyone mentioned this yet but all the Cases that the Emce Trek figures were shipped in are numbered. I bought 2 cases and my numbers are :

458 of 1430
    1267 of 1430

I'm stunned that the trekies out there aren't going crazy for Case number 1701

What number case did the sellers on here get...if you can remember.

PS...1430 cases means that the figures are limited to 5720 each?? If that's the case, the suggested retail prices are a bargain.
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

Images
    ^ Very interesting, Meanie.

I had no idea the number produced was that limited!
    I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Images
    does that mean they are only making that many figures ? hmm interesting. mike

Images
    I think that's a very reasonable amount given today's Trek market. All the Trek toys made by Art Asylum the last few years (after the wider market Enterprise and Nemesis toys tanked) have largely been specialty releases, becuz that's the only market that can support them. And so they're made in much more limited quantity. Many have been even less than 5000 I think.

Images
    I've been wondering when someone would notice and mention that. Its one of the first things I noticed. There are some other revealing tidbits if you look. The order is less than China used to consider a minimum (10,000 of any one item), but I am guessing that India and other competition has lowered that, and the combined order still is over 11,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I've been wondering when someone would notice and mention that. Its one of the first things I noticed. There are some other revealing tidbits if you look. The order is less than China used to consider a minimum (10,000 of any one item), but I am guessing that India and other competition has lowered that, and the combined order still is over 11,000.
    At least two more series (another 23,000 figures) and a possible extention of the line might have helped convince India in excepting a lower minimum order
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Meule View Post
    At least two more series (another 23,000 figures) and a possible extention of the line might have helped convince India in excepting a lower minimum order
    These are China made. I meant that with India lowering the industry minimums for CTVT, that gives leverage to negotiate lower production runs. As you mention though, future orders and a long history with Doc certainly couldn't have hurt, and the Chinese certainly understand the potential of a popular license. Just look where all the knockoff come from.

Images

I'm an IDIOT...or The Heat has gotten to my brain.

Just read my post:

"I'm stunned that the trekies out there aren't going crazy for Case number 1701"

Just realised that if they only numbered 1430 cases...there can't be a 1701 set. DUH!!!

My only excuse for being that dumb is the fact that it's been about 100 degrees here (W/the Humidity indx) for the past week. Pardon my idiocy
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie View Post
    Just read my post:

"I'm stunned that the trekies out there aren't going crazy for Case number 1701"

Just realised that if they only numbered 1430 cases...there can't be a 1701 set. DUH!!!

My only excuse for being that dumb is the fact that it's been about 100 degrees here (W/the Humidity indx) for the past week. Pardon my idiocy
    You get no sympathy from me in Arizona.

Tell us what other information you can gleen from the case Berto. I'm interested in what you can interpret from it beyond case counts.

Images
    I learned that the numbering on cases can be somewhat misleading. As I understand it (from my work on Micronauts) - sometimes cases for a particular vendor are numbered differently than for the overall production run - occasionally indicating the number of cases for a specific vendor or distributor. For example, Diamond's cases might indicate a certain quantity, while a shipment of cases to another vendor or distributor (or a general release of cases), might be numbered with a different overall quantity.

EMCE would have the final say - but it may *not* mean that only 1430 cases were made, just that Diamond had 1430 cases as a particular distributor.
    Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
    AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
    The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
    Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests