X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

EMCE Trek Cases are numbered...

Don't know if anyone mentioned this yet but all the Cases that the Emce Trek figures were shipped in are numbered. I bought 2 cases and my numbers are :

458 of 1430
    1267 of 1430

I'm stunned that the trekies out there aren't going crazy for Case number 1701

What number case did the sellers on here get...if you can remember.

PS...1430 cases means that the figures are limited to 5720 each?? If that's the case, the suggested retail prices are a bargain.
  • K
    Fun Will Now Commence
    • Jun 20, 2001

^ Very interesting, Meanie.

I had no idea the number produced was that limited!
    I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• batmanmc
      mego batman collector
      • Jun 22, 2004

does that mean they are only making that many figures ? hmm interesting. mike

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
        valar morghulis
        • Mar 8, 2005

I think that's a very reasonable amount given today's Trek market. All the Trek toys made by Art Asylum the last few years (after the wider market Enterprise and Nemesis toys tanked) have largely been specialty releases, becuz that's the only market that can support them. And so they're made in much more limited quantity. Many have been even less than 5000 I think.

Comment

• Hulk
          Mayor of Megoville
          • May 10, 2003

I've been wondering when someone would notice and mention that. Its one of the first things I noticed. There are some other revealing tidbits if you look. The order is less than China used to consider a minimum (10,000 of any one item), but I am guessing that India and other competition has lowered that, and the combined order still is over 11,000.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Hulk
            I've been wondering when someone would notice and mention that. Its one of the first things I noticed. There are some other revealing tidbits if you look. The order is less than China used to consider a minimum (10,000 of any one item), but I am guessing that India and other competition has lowered that, and the combined order still is over 11,000.
            At least two more series (another 23,000 figures) and a possible extention of the line might have helped convince India in excepting a lower minimum order
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Hulk
              Mayor of Megoville
              • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by Meule
              At least two more series (another 23,000 figures) and a possible extention of the line might have helped convince India in excepting a lower minimum order
              These are China made. I meant that with India lowering the industry minimums for CTVT, that gives leverage to negotiate lower production runs. As you mention though, future orders and a long history with Doc certainly couldn't have hurt, and the Chinese certainly understand the potential of a popular license. Just look where all the knockoff come from.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                Banned
                • Jun 23, 2001

I'm an IDIOT...or The Heat has gotten to my brain.

Just read my post:

"I'm stunned that the trekies out there aren't going crazy for Case number 1701"

Just realised that if they only numbered 1430 cases...there can't be a 1701 set. DUH!!!

My only excuse for being that dumb is the fact that it's been about 100 degrees here (W/the Humidity indx) for the past week. Pardon my idiocy

Comment

• Hulk
                  Mayor of Megoville
                  • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                  Just read my post:

"I'm stunned that the trekies out there aren't going crazy for Case number 1701"

Just realised that if they only numbered 1430 cases...there can't be a 1701 set. DUH!!!

My only excuse for being that dumb is the fact that it's been about 100 degrees here (W/the Humidity indx) for the past week. Pardon my idiocy
                  You get no sympathy from me in Arizona.

Tell us what other information you can gleen from the case Berto. I'm interested in what you can interpret from it beyond case counts.

Comment

• AcroRay
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 17, 2005

I learned that the numbering on cases can be somewhat misleading. As I understand it (from my work on Micronauts) - sometimes cases for a particular vendor are numbered differently than for the overall production run - occasionally indicating the number of cases for a specific vendor or distributor. For example, Diamond's cases might indicate a certain quantity, while a shipment of cases to another vendor or distributor (or a general release of cases), might be numbered with a different overall quantity.

EMCE would have the final say - but it may *not* mean that only 1430 cases were made, just that Diamond had 1430 cases as a particular distributor.
                    Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                    AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                    The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                    Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                      valar morghulis
                      • Mar 8, 2005

But isn't Diamond the sole distributor of these?

Comment

• Hulk
                        Mayor of Megoville
                        • May 10, 2003

Diamond is the only distributor I know of, since they own the license and they are produced under the Diamond Select Toys name. I presume this was the entire production run, at least from the initial Purchase Order. Of course I would imagine they have the ability to make more, but it would likely require another large order of similar magnitude. If they could find a major retailer to guarantee a minimum order though, then that could push them back into production, but unless these sell out completely soon, then I think they'd rather take their risks on future releases.

1430 is an odd number though. You'd think that 1500 (6000 of each figure) would make more sense. Wouldn't it be cool if they were holding out for exclusive variations of the characters with that final 70 cases (280 of each figure) or just about enough for us. Can you say Belly or Pilot Kirk and show accurate Klingon outfit? One can only hope!

Comment

• Meule
                          Verbose Member
                          • Nov 14, 2004

Wouldn't it be cool if they were holding out for exclusive variations of the characters with that final 70 cases (280 of each figure) or just about enough for us. Can you say Belly or Pilot Kirk and show accurate Klingon outfit? One can only hope!
                          Oooh, now you got me dreaming
                          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• knightone
                            • Aug 6, 2007

Diamond is the only distributor I know of, since they own the license and they are produced under the Diamond Select Toys name. I presume this was the entire production run, at least from the initial Purchase Order.
                            Actually Diamond does use several different sets of case numbers for the same product. At least they are that way with their regular Star Trek line. Cases going to large retail orders have one set of numbers and cases going to comic shops via orders from Diamond Comics Previews get another. I think international shipments may also get yet a third set of case numbers. So 1430 is only part of the whole number of cases produced. Probably around half of that or so. If I had to venture a guess, it's probably more around 3000 cases.
                            Last edited by knightone; Aug 7, '07, 2:12 AM.

Comment

• Meule
                              Verbose Member
                              • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by knightone
                              Actually Diamond does use several different sets of case numbers for the same product. At least they are that way with their regular Star Trek line. Cases going to large retail orders have one set of numbers and cases going to comic shops via orders from Diamond Comics Previews get another. I think international shipments may also get yet a third set of case numbers. So 1430 is only part of the whole number of cases produced. Probably around half of that or so. If I had to venture a guess, it's probably more around 3000 cases.
                              Doc would know for sure, let's see what he says

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎