• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by ribefex
    My monster EMCE wish list:

Hammer line, with Peter Cushing as Sherlock Holmes (from The Hound of Baskervilles). I agree about a Hammer line can be more difficult to produce and sell in a mass market, but that characters have never been done before, and they are 100% cult movies among comic store customers.

Time Machine 1960 movie classic line-with Dr. Wells, Eloi Weena, Morlock, and the machine...

This Island Earth line -with Exeter, Metaluna mutant, Dr. Ruth Adams and Dr. Cal Meacham.
    Yeah!!!!
    It's Hammer time!

And Time machine/Island Earth would be awesome....
    Last edited by Gorn Captain; Aug 5, '09, 9:13 AM.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Tothiro
      ... In a similar theme Toho's old Matango! would be pretty cool to have one or two mushroom people from if done in a pastel super cheesy style.

Loved Matango, but Toho would never release their right on characters.
      Btw, good luck on articulating those mushrooms!!!!
      Action feature? a hat!!!!
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
        Mighty Man/Monster Maker
        • Aug 14, 2007

Monster Megos, wow, the promised land!

I'd love to see a Medusa (I have a custom here on the boards and I would have loved to mass-produce mego-scale ones, but I doubt that will ever happen) Nosferatu, the Devil, Headless Horseman (wouldn't even need a special head sculpt

Sherlock Holmes!

I have whole list of custom monsters that I want to do.

Some of these seem wicked obscure, though. So many people were like "Night of the Living Dead, that's not my thing, EMCE should have done...blank"

Night of the Living Dead was my "blank".

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
        https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

OK.
          let's try to imagine wave 1!

1. Nosferatu 1922
          2. Boris Karloff (Black Cat)
          3. It! The terror from beyond space
          4. Vincent Price (House of Usher) or Peter Cushing (Dracula)
          5. Bub (Day of the Dead)
          6. Lycan (Underworld)

This way, you get something from each era in horror (something for everyone). As we've seen tons of Frankensteins, Jasons, etc, this way you do get a Karloff, but a never-before-made character. If you like modern horror, you get a Lycan, and you can't go wrong with a werewolf (even most classic horror fans will like it).

By not going for a wave with just one theme (say Hammer), you do get to hedge your bets and make sure that they all sell eventually.

A build-a-figure might be hard to do, as Underworld fans might hate Nosferatu, but if you did, how about a Frankenstein's lab? You get a slab with one figure, lab equipment with the other, the electrical gizmo, etc.
          If you put a classic Frankenstein's monster in wave 2, he will get a cool environment.

Just a thought....

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Hey, howsabout the Blob??
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Type3Toys
              Home Of The Type3 Body
              • Jan 18, 2005

It would be cool to see a Crypto Zoology line, Bigfoot, a werewolf, the mothman, chipacabra, Jersey Devil, stuff like that. It would be original and there would be no need to pay for the rights.
              LOOK
              Action Figure Design & Prototypes
              For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
              To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• MysteryWho
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 16, 2008

There does seem to be a lot us leaning towards a Hammer line. Hmm, let's see...
                Howzabout... a Plague of the Zombies zombie. Rasputin the Mad Monk might be fun, he could have rooted hair. Also, how about Captain Kronos? Oh, the list goes on and on.

Comment

• raycastile
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Sep 11, 2004

Hello. I just popped in from the Universal Monster Army, a forum that specializes in monster toy collecting. Some members there are talking about EMCE, Universal licensing and related issues.

I would also like to see a line of Hammer toys. Are they obscure to a mainstream audience? Yes, but so are a lot of these suggested characters. Would these toys be aimed at the general market or collectors? If it's aimed at a niche market, then a Hammer line should work just fine. If you pick the right characters, they will work great as Mego-style action figures. Chris Lee as Dracula, Frankenstein's monster and the Mummy; Peter Cushing as Baron Frankenstein and Van Helsing; Oliver Reed as the Werewolf, plus a Gorgon, Abominable Snowman, the Reptile, additional Frankenstein creations like the Monster From Hell and the flat-headed monster from Evil of Frankenstein. These would make fabulous toys. If you have any doubt, look at Matt Jaycox's custom-made Megos based on these characters.

I realize that Hammer is a licensing nightmare. Different studios own the US rights to the films, plus you have to deal with the actors and their estates. I think other companies have entertained the idea of doing a Hammer toy line, only to be dissuaded by these obstacles. I would expect the same obstacles to once again get in the way. But if you want to know what monster toy line is just crying out to be produced, I say it is Hammer.

I also add my vote for a crypto line to include Bigfoot, Yeti, Mothman, Jersey Devil, Chupacabra, and so on. No licensing issues there. Just don't give us another muscular, comic book hero version of Bigfoot with exposed six-pack abs. I want a scary, creepy, mangy Bigfoot like something out of Boggy Creek or Mysterious Monsters.

It seems like a lot of people here are interested in a crypto line. Mezco did one that wasn't very good. I didn't buy them. Too stylized, too comic book. I want a horror toy line, not a wannabe TMNT toy line.

Finally, I want somebody somewhere to make an official COFFIN JOE ACTION FIGURE. I would trade one Coffin Joe figure for all of the previously listed toys. The world needs a Coffin Joe toy. Mankind is depending on it.

Comment

• yokaijohn
                    Keep it coolin', baby
                    • Oct 1, 2008

Bigfoot
                    Yeti
                    Ebu gogo
                    Almas
                    Gray Alien
                    Mothman
                    Goatman
                    N.J.Devil
                    Man from mars(little green man)
                    Yowie
                    Skunk Ape
                    Swamp Creature
                    Wildeman
                    Monsters and much more by YokaiJohn on Etsy

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ramsey37
                      EMCE, make me a Sleestak figure and I will proclaim you a God!
                      George
                      Yeah, I've lived in a "Sleestakless" void all my life, please fill it.

That came out weird....
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

A little off the Monster thing, but howabout a Heroes of the Serials line? Copperhead, Black Commando, Chandu, and a few of the villains, too. Crimson Ghost, Dr. Satan and his robot, the Purple Monster
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mazinz
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 2, 2007

I forgot about this, how about the monsters from

"the horror of party beach"
                          "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Timothy2251
                            Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                            • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            A little off the Monster thing, but howabout a Heroes of the Serials line? Copperhead, Black Commando, Chandu, and a few of the villains, too. Crimson Ghost, Dr. Satan and his robot, the Purple Monster
                            Commando Cody!!! We need a Commando Cody for our shelves ASAP! Excellent suggestion!
                            "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              Great suggestion. I'd certainly buy them.
                              But is there sufficient demand?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

^^ There is a pretty good serial community out there. It would appeal to them like the Trek Megos appeal to us and Trekkies.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎