• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Timothy2251
    Vampirella

YES...good call!!! How could I I forget Vampirella!!
    sigpic

Comment

• Timothy2251
      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
      • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
      YES...good call!!! How could I I forget Vampirella!!
      You were blinded by the beauty of Tor Johnson. It's OK, we all understand.

ETA: 200th post! Thanks, Tor!
      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• EMCEtoys
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 1, 2007

Wow, the floodgates have opened. Happily, many of these are already in the talking stages but there are several more that we hadn't thought of.

Let's see what we can do...meantime, I'm gonna dig deep and see if I can come up with any more myself.

F'rinstance...I don't think there's enough here for a real production run but it would be cool to do a Glow-In-The Dark Lon Chaney Jr. Indestructible Man.

War of the Colossal Beast...not to scale, of course...
        Hammer's The Reptile and Gorgon...
        No-one mentioned Christopher Lee's Curse of Frankenstein!

Comment

• GlobalObserver
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 12, 2004

Curse of the Werewolf. A line of Hammer Studio monsters would rock!

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Just curious if EMCE will be able to obtain a license from Universal to do a monster run. Is that anything that could be a reality or is it too early to make that call?

Comment

• domino
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 16, 2007

I too would like to see some characters from the Hammer studios. Same with the Tomland figures, I would like to see these guys get redone.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Wow, that pretty much covers everything I can think of off the top of my head. Bruce Campbell, Addams Family, Tor Johnson, Rondo Hatton, Nosferatu, London After Midnight vampire, Jason, everything everything I want has been named already.

OK, fringe maybe, but what about Alice Cooper, The Misfits, GWAR, etc. You know, maybe some horror bands?
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 1, 2007

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                  Wow, that pretty much covers everything I can think of off the top of my head. Bruce Campbell, Addams Family, Tor Johnson, Rondo Hatton, Nosferatu, London After Midnight vampire, Jason, everything everything I want has been named already.

OK, fringe maybe, but what about Alice Cooper, The Misfits, GWAR, etc. You know, maybe some horror bands?
                  I totally get how The Misfits would make good MEGOs, between the simple makeup and outfits and the whole Famous Monsters throwback feel they had, but I don't see any real applicability for GWAR. The thing I've always noticed about MEGOs is that they're very much like classic monsters and superheroes in that they're either wearing thin costumes, or simple facial makeup. The GWAR outfits are just too big and out there to feel like MEGOs. Not saying that 8" GWAR guys wouldn't work, just not feeling the MEGOness.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

Hammer had so many cool versions of classic monsters (like Oliver Reed's werewolf), zombies, the Reptile, and who doesn't want a Peter Cushing? Or Vincent Price? (Karloff, Lorre?...)

I'd also love a line devoted to 50s SciFi/horror monsters.
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• blastphemey
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 11, 2008

ew, gwar is disgusting., but i really like the misfits idea, you could even make their mascot ,,and he would worlk as well as the mask of red death.
                      but i really like the idea of 50's B- movie aliens/monsters
                      Last edited by blastphemey; Aug 1, '09, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• mazinz
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 2, 2007

my picks for the mego treatment would be:

the incredible melting man
                        little demons from don't be afraid of the dark
                        Gargolyes (70's tv film)
                        sleestak from the 70's land of the lost series
                        creature from Black Lake
                        tar man (rotld, though I am aware a toy of him now exist)
                        Jason (friday the 13th part 2-4 look)
                        Nick Adams (Actor, though not a monster at all he did star in die monster die among
                        others)
                        "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                          Removed.
                          • Jun 14, 2008

Definitely the classic Fly
                          Morlocks from Time Machine (classic)
                          Zombie(s) ala George Romero style
                          Swamp Thing!
                          Blacula
                          the western/cowboy zombie from the movie "House" (or was it House 2?)
                          Some generic additions to the Mad Monsters: boogeyman, warlock, lizard creature, bigfoot, aliens...

Rich

Comment

• jasonmego1277
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 9, 2008

I would like to see all the original classics with updated looks, but I would love to see some classics like you mentioned, as well as modern monsters like Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers, Etc.
                            In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• Timothy2251
                              Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                              • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by EMCEtoys
                              I totally get how The Misfits would make good MEGOs, between the simple makeup and outfits and the whole Famous Monsters throwback feel they had, but I don't see any real applicability for GWAR. The thing I've always noticed about MEGOs is that they're very much like classic monsters and superheroes in that they're either wearing thin costumes, or simple facial makeup. The GWAR outfits are just too big and out there to feel like MEGOs. Not saying that 8" GWAR guys wouldn't work, just not feeling the MEGOness.
                              Y'know what'd be really neat? Bring back Maxx FX!!! Scale him to 8" (shouldn't be hard for EMCE Toys!!!) and issue new outfits and masks or replacement heads every quarter!! Just like the old Action Jackson figures... the one's that started it all! Picture it: say EMCE gets the license from Boris Karloff's estate, so we get a Boris figure to start with. First accessory kit would be Frankenstein, so you'd get the costume, boots and a rotocast Boris as Frankenstein's Monster head. Pop off the Boris head, put Frank's on, change costumes and voila! It'd be like WE were the special FX artists, getting Boris ready for the big scene!

Plus, since the beauty of Mego was everything was more or less interchangeable, you could mix and match parts and make new monsters! Imagine an Alien wearing Dracula's tux! Jason Vorhees sporting Freddy Kruger's sweater!

And why stop with the monsters of film and literature? What about a Bigfoot, Mothman, or the Jersey Pine Barrens' own Jersey Devil (NJ members represent, yo!)

Oh, and bring back the Super Softies. Every kid in Sweden would love a Tor Johnson Super Softie to take to bed every night to protect 'em from monsters under the bed and stuff. It's GOLD I tells ya!
                              "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• vulcan2074
                                Live Long and Prosper
                                • Mar 23, 2008

The Headless Horseman and maybe an Executioner from medieval times
                                Sammy

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎