• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Comic Book Geek
    I've worn this out on the old forum

Yes, You have! Sometimes You just have to let thing's go. People will aways have difference's of opinion. Just like I prefer Jim Lee's Art, over Frank Quitely...or Monet, over Van Gogh.
    sigpic

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

Definitely flawed, but still entertaining.

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
        Stays Crunchy in Milk
        • Aug 2, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
        Yes, You have! Sometimes You just have to let thing's go. People will aways have difference's of opinion. Just like I prefer Jim Lee's Art, over Frank Quitely...or Monet, over Van Gogh.
        Monet over Van Gogh?!?!?! Are you crazy?!
        Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!!SPOILE RS!!!SPOILERS!!!

I liked the film. I don't think it was too much. I don't think it was worse than the previous 2. It holds it's own. It shows Mary Jane that maybe Peter was right in the last film and being Spider-man's girlfriend is not such an easy thing to do.

In all honesty the parts with Venom = zilch. There is no chemistry with Topher Grace as Eddie Brock. I like him as an actor. I don't know if the material was just not enough for him to carry it. I have heard Venom appears by insistance of the studio. I really don't like Venom in the comics either. He's just too powerful a villain.

The parts with Sandman are really the best parts of the film. Thomas Hayden Church took an old villain and really gave him depth. The tension is there and the interaction with Spidey/Parker very well done. I think Sandman could have carried the film.

Gewn Stacey is in the film. Now where does this lead? What villain will do her in? How many films will she last?

The Son of the Green Goblin seems wasted. Why not save it for another film and do Hobgoblin? Harry can take revenge in other ways. I could see a film where Harry creates Spider Slayers, invests in the creation of the Scorpion, and also the Hobgoblin appears but is not revealed as Harry. Perhaps giving the film tension and sus[pense. Is Harry the Hobgoblin???

This is all speculation but I really liked the film.

Comment

• jemboy2004
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 14, 2005

I liked it alot!! I seen it twice already.

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Comic Book Geek
              Monet over Van Gogh?!?!?! Are you crazy?!

sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

After all this time I saw this movie----

I thought it was real fun

I think I like it better than the other two---but it seemed SO
                different----it feels a little like comparing apples & oranges

**SPOILERS**

1) I would've rewrote the "putting Gwen in MJs face at the jazz club"
                scene to be more dialogue heavy and not so goofy so I could build
                some serious toned tension up to where he hit MJ-----the hit seemed
                come from nowhere & I felt bad cause I was still giggly from the
                "cool nerd" piano/dance schtick & I blame the movie for that

2) I would've rewrote the "Brock getting Venomed" scene to not have
                Peter and Brock convieniently in the same exact place when the symboite
                leaves Peter

3) I didn't find the "conveinient butler" thing as dang convienient as others
                here did-----the butler kept his mouth shut about his father's wounds
                for years for the same reason(s) Peter did, and as soon as the butler knew
                the "cat(s) were out of the bag" he told him at the most crucial moment---
                -because the butler knew Harry had to help Peter and that there was no
                reason to hide anything any more ---and ultimately he wanted the best for
                Harry and Harry's relationship with his friends
                Last edited by huedell; Jun 15, '07, 11:07 PM.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Customslab

yea i think it was better than 2 but not as good as one

Comment

• Marvelmania
                    A Ray of Sunshine
                    • Jun 17, 2001

I liked it but not nearly as much as 1 and 2.

Comment

• Hulk
                      Mayor of Megoville
                      • May 10, 2003

Selectively quoting myself from my original museum posting, sans spoilers...

You definitely see where they spent their $300 million. The action was incredible, and most worthy of the characters. The writing was a bit too convenient or convoluted at times, but in this case I'm happy watching fantastic action with multiple villains than worry about whether the movie should get an Oscar for Best Acting. Overall, I was more than happy to shell out the dough, it will definitely be added to my fairly limited DVD collection, and I wouldn't be surprised if I decide to catch a second run on IMAX.

Comment

• Dave Mc
                        Administrator
                        • Oct 20, 2002

I base comicbook movies basically on whether I was entertained for the time it was playing, not really on how accurate it was to the comic, or whatever.

I enjoyed it. Thought it a little slow in some parts, and the entire on again off again thing with Mary Jane get's old with me real quick. I really don't need her to be that big a part of the story line. Liked the Sandman story line alot, the Venom I thought a little forced and weak. The director didn't want it, and it kind of shows.

On the whole, a decent picture though, I didn't feel jipped or anything.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Finally saw it last week, I thought it was too padded for it's own good. The movie's humour was too over the top for my liking. Did Blake Edwards have a hand in those parts?

I thought all the villains were well laid out and I especially liked the Sandman. Topher Grace made Venom believable but it seemed rushed so we could more scenes of Peter making an *** of himself. The scene where Venom and Sandman team up was childishly simple.

Too many things like the Omlette making scene that never ends spoiled it for me, much of it was excellent but it needed to be shorter and more to the point. I never want to see Kristen Dunst again.......
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎