Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Will these NEW DC Megos ONLY be sold at Toys R Us or also mattycollector.com and other online stores that have sold Mattel toys like DC Universe Classics 6" figures?

Comment

• loosiegoosie
      Banned
      • Jul 3, 2009

Originally posted by LadyZod
      You know, it makes sense not to release Batman immediately.

You already have Superman in the wave, and Green Lantern is riding a nice wave of popularity right now.

Besides, Bruce Wayne is dead. He's coming back, true, so why not wait until the media pop of his return to release Batman.

Put him in a wave with characters less likely to sell to guarantee higher retailer orders.
      very good point. Sinestro and Lex luthor are odd choices for the first wave really. If your older than 25 you'll remember them like they are dressed from Challenge of the superfriends but they have been hashed and rehashed in comic books for years so newer/younger collectors may not see the appeal as much. They will be the peg warmers in the first run I think.
      Either way I am stoked about them coming out . I will be buying three of each ( one to keep, one to dismantle for customs and one to sell on ebay to buy the next lines )

Comment

• megocrazy
        Museum Trouble Maker
        • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by LadyZod
        You know, it makes sense not to release Batman immediately. why not wait until the media pop of his return to release Batman.

Put him in a wave with characters less likely to sell to guarantee higher retailer orders.
        Remember also that by the time 2010 rolls around, the hype on the new Batman movie will be in full swing. With the scheduled release date of 2011 the press will be starting the Bat Buzz during the 2010 filming schedule. Just the right time to release a new mego scaled figure in anticipation of the new movie. Makes perfect sense to hold Batman until a later series. Also makes me believe they are committed to producing more figures because I don't think they would hold back on Batman if this was a try the first couple and see where it goes. I look at it as a positive decision on Mattel's part as far as we are concerned.
        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• GAFan
          Veteran Member
          • May 30, 2008

Originally posted by megocrazy
          Remember also that by the time 2010 rolls around, the hype on the new Batman movie will be in full swing. With the scheduled release date of 2011 the press will be starting the Bat Buzz during the 2010 filming schedule. Just the right time to release a new mego scaled figure in anticipation of the new movie. Makes perfect sense to hold Batman until a later series. Also makes me believe they are committed to producing more figures because I don't think they would hold back on Batman if this was a try the first couple and see where it goes. I look at it as a positive decision on Mattel's part as far as we are concerned.
          That's exactly what I was thinking.
          sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by loosiegoosie
            Sinestro and Lex luthor are odd choices for the first wave really. They will be the peg warmers in the first run I think.
            The greatest criminal genius of our time a "peg warmer"? NEVER!
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Tothiro
              Kitten Mittens
              • Aug 28, 2008

Originally posted by loosiegoosie
              If your older than 25 you'll remember them like they are dressed from Challenge of the superfriends but they have been hashed and rehashed in comic books for years so newer/younger collectors may not see the appeal as much.
              It's a funny world. You know between all the different versions of just Batman characters floating around from one cartoon to the next, usually at the same time, I would think kids today might just see these as the next "New" version.

Comment

• Falcon
                • Sep 8, 2007

These are really nice. The plastic looks a bit shinier than the originals... nice none the less. When are they going to do ol' greenskin and the rest of the marvel bunch?

Comment

• haggis
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 17, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                  The greatest criminal genius of our time a "peg warmer"? NEVER!
                  Can't see that ever happening. If the savvy folks at Mattel/EMCE put these out in a case of 12, I predict an assortment along these lines:

4 Super
                  4 GL
                  2 GA
                  1 Lex
                  1 Sinestro

The two Superbaddies go from pegwarmers to chase figures in no time flat!
                  No exclusives and no chase figures, please - I'm Canadian!

Comment

• Falcon
                    • Sep 8, 2007

What about durability? How about using soloflex material inside the megos? Apparently that stuff lasts 100 years or so.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Falcon
                      These are really nice. The plastic looks a bit shinier than the originals... nice none the less. When are they going to do ol' greenskin and the rest of the marvel bunch?
                      Mattel does not currently have the rights to the Marvel characters...Hasbro does.
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• drmego
                        EMCE Toys
                        • Jun 15, 2001

I am now home from Comicon and am exhausted. Could not sleep on the red eye
                        and spent most of the day visiting with family showing off the new boy.

I appreciate everyone's comments and as always take them in account when
                        working on the details. As for the packaging - I have not seen anything yet,
                        but part of my role in this is to represent the opinions of the majority of the
                        fans. Basically we are the focus group for this line.

That doesn't mean everyone's suggestions will be implemented, but they
                        are very helpful in staying true to the vintage past.
                        www.drmego.com
                        www.megoman.com
                        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• EMCEtoys
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 1, 2007

okay, paul's back, i can go away now

Comment

• mego73
                            Printed paperboard Tiger
                            • Aug 1, 2003

I'd love to see a Superfriends looking Aquaman in the future.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

Me want Solomon Grundy dolly !!!
                              Last edited by Mikey; Jul 26, '09, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• jbaker
                                • Jul 29, 2007

Ok, just a few of things...Fantasic the 8" figures are back!!....and they will be reasonable....another fantastic thing!...
                                Just two points....and I understand why these things are he way they are but....If the bodies are different, can they really be considered Mego's?? Ok their not really mego's, but you know what I mean.....
                                also while fist hands might be cool for some people...that's not really a mego trait..right?? So we might be talking in terms of megoesque versus actual Mego.....apes and trek... Mego next generation...yes, yes they are...These well?, I'll have to have a few in my hands to judge....now with that said,, OMG!!! I'll buy a boat of of 8" superheroes!! gotta save my my money...Cards?..cards were things that got in between me and the action figures.....I'd like to see them make the heroes the way they looked in the comics at the time or on the slurpee cups...Hey! with the secret ID and bio on the back of the card...then do a commeorative set of superman, Batman,
                                Robin and Aquaman....exactly like the old ones.....It's a great day in 8" superhero land!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎