Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 60'schild
    Silver Haired Silver Ager
    • Mar 27, 2009

That's well and good but if there are specific places David can point us to, that will be much more helpful. Chances are BBP have some key locations they are expecting a surge of interest when announced.

Do we know (or can you say) if they are hoping the bulk of their sales to be from Flash fans (non Mego) or if they think a minimum number of orders can be done from just Mego fans (asking since the company seems to rely heavily on media products in all sorts of scales and formats).

If BBP has any sort of interest survey or anything like that, just point us in the right direction!!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

That's well and good but if there are specific places David can point us to, that will be much more helpful. Chances are BBP have some key locations they are expecting a surge of interest when announced.
      Yeah, here I'm pointing this thread to BBP, I am in cahoots with them, always have been. When I get input on how you can help otherwise, I will gladly share.

BBP will likely place info on their own blog this weekend sometime, watch the link posted at the top of the thread and comment there as well.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• David Lee
        The Fix-it-up Chappie
        • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by 60'schild

Do we know (or can you say) if they are hoping the bulk of their sales to be from Flash fans (non Mego) or if they think a minimum number of orders can be done from just Mego fans (asking since the company seems to rely heavily on media products in all sorts of scales and formats).

If BBP has any sort of interest survey or anything like that, just point us in the right direction!!
        No specific place just yet (gimme a bit), but I like where your head is at. Let's blow it up here first, and post it everywhere you can think of, twitter, blogs, forums. Jason over at BBP is in it to win it, and a spectacular guy. He's loaded up at the moment with SDCC and his other stuff, so I don't want to inundate him (yet!). In the meantime leave a message over at the Castaway Toys Blog...

-Dave

Comment

• David Lee
          The Fix-it-up Chappie
          • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
          I'm pointing this thread to BBP, I am in cahoots with them, always have been. When I get input on how you can help otherwise, I will gladly share.

BBP will likely place info on their own blog this weekend sometime, watch the link posted at the top of the thread and comment there as well.
          CLANDESTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Brian, you selfish jerk

Comment

• 60'schild
            Silver Haired Silver Ager
            • Mar 27, 2009

Thanks, Dave and MUCH good luck with this new line!!!

Make those licenses like dominoes (or Pringles)... one after another!!

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by David Lee
              CLANDESTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Brian, you selfish jerk
              Many have said that, others would agree.

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 18, 2007

This figure is a dream come true. I would love to see baron and a whole fleet of hawkmen.....lets get it done...I'm on board.

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

http://bifbangpow.blogspot.com/

About Bif Bang Pow!
                  Bif Bang Pow! (bifbangpow.com) produces first-rate collectibles for such popular properties as Dexter, Lost, Californication, The Twilight Zone, The Big Lebowski, and Flash Gordon. Founder Jason Lenzi is a seasoned television producer and the ultimate fan of cultish pop culture. So when he created his company in 2005, he took the fan's perspective. His idea was to bring items to the marketplace that he himself would want to own. Cultivated from TV, movies, books, comics, music, and more, Bif Bang Pow!s mission is to provide high-quality action figures, toys, and collectibles to the massive cult audience (and kids of all ages) that wishes these toys were already in their collection. Bif Bang Pow! is a unit of JLA Direct, LLC.
                  OK, I understand who BBP is.
                  I am trying to understand the involvement of folks around here in the project.

BBP holds the license to the FG charactes at that scale.
                  Castaway (or at least David Lee) is putting the character together for
                  BBP who will deal with manufacturing and distribution?

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

From what I understand and Dave or Jason can correct me, Entertainment Earth would be the distributor of this piece.

Comment

• Megospidey
                      Museum Webslinger
                      • Jul 26, 2006

Dave approached me at Mego Meet about doing this figure as a prototype...I said "Sure!" I've always loved this movie...would love to see this done.

Then he said...here's when I need it by...San Diego Comic Con

This project is the main reason you haven't seen any new customs from me lately. I really, really, really, really wanted to make it right for Dave and the guys at BBP! Dave, thanks for asking me to be a part of this. I am very honored.

I thought the head was super...very "Ross-like" IMO. Great work on casting it BK.

I am stoked about this line being made...FLASH! Ahhhhhh.....He'll save everyone of us!
                      Last edited by Megospidey; Jul 22, '09, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• David Lee
                        The Fix-it-up Chappie
                        • Jun 10, 2002

Will they (Entertainment Earth) be the sole distributor? They certainly have a significent retail presence but their prices are frequently on the high side (as commented on at other non Mego boards), causing at least some to shop elsewhere.

Personally, I'd buy the figures wherever they were available, but the more casual Flash Gordon fan might also be used to shopping around.. then again, if they were a real Flashaholic, maybe it would not matter ...

Are they an Entertainment Earth exclusive?? I see on the BBP site they also list brick and mortar stores like FYE and Sam Goody as typically carrying their products too.

(Just would like to see this in as many places as possible)

Will Castaways (even as just "another retailer" like the Doc is with EMCE) be able to sell them from your own site?

Like "B" said, EE will likely be the distibutor, and yup they do send out ot many "real" stores as well... We would love to have a crack at selling them as well or atleast just an exclusive of some sort. Maybe a short run in an alternate costume etc... As for retail price? I can't say... I would think they woudl be commiserate with other figures out right now, but that's just MHO.

-Dave

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

This is fantastic !!!

Congrats, Dave

A Flash Gordon (1980) Mego ..... still gunna take a while to sink in

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

The figure looks fantastic. Great work by everyone involved in the prototype!

I assume the final product would ship with some weapons or accessories?

Regardless, I am certainly interest in purchasing these as soon as they become available for sale.

Comment

• David Lee
                              The Fix-it-up Chappie
                              • Jun 10, 2002

This is fantastic !!!

Congrats, Dave

A Flash Gordon (1980) Mego ..... still gunna take a while to sink in
                              Thanks Mike!

Originally posted by sprytel
                              The figure looks fantastic. Great work by everyone involved in the prototype!

I assume the final product would ship with some weapons or accessories?

Regardless, I am certainly interest in purchasing these as soon as they become available for sale.
                              Accessories wise... I would say the sword is a good bet. In the realm of the "hey wouldn't it be neat", I'd like to make that blaster/pistol he holding on the back of the card. That's from the Japanese movie poster and that gun is no where in the movie, but it sure is neat

-Dave

Comment

• megoscott
                                Founding Partner
                                • Nov 17, 2006

Looks great, Dave. Who's the source of the great package artwork?
                                This profile is no longer active.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎