Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Web handed Aquaman in the 1978 catalogs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Can't say I didn't see that coming...

I have to say, looking back at those pics I took, I'm a pretty good photographer

I don't think that Mark sent him the pics...I have a feeling that the pics were lifted from my old Yahoo Photos Page. I'd like to see the article that it is mentioned in though. Or the Man From Atlantis heads that were tossed in the fire

The search continues....

Comment

• JDeRouen
      Author of Small Things
      • Jun 14, 2001

Well truly, he never said he had the figure, only that he had pictures. Let's give the guy a break.
      --
      Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• Marvelmania
        A Ray of Sunshine
        • Jun 17, 2001

Re-read your post Ray and I admit that I jumped the gun on this. My apologies. I guess a lot of us were wishing another one was found only giving us hope of finding more.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I also apologize. It seemed you were trying to pull a fast one on us.

I hope there are no hard feelings, and welcome to board.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Actually, I can verify that the whole Man from Atlantis theory isn't valid. It's very logical to assume that Mego was working on this but Kenner scooped it before they could, I have proof and Kenner employees to verify this.

Kenner was working on a series of 3 3/4" action figures.

I am assuming that with the web hands, Mego was trying to steal some thunder from the then popular series of TV movies, but abandoned it. Roberto's figure, IMO, is a production sample of sorts.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hulk
              Mayor of Megoville
              • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by captact
              Friends,..there seems to be a big misunderstanding here,..I never mentioned I had the figure,..you can see in my past posts,..that what I did say was that i had were pics of this figure (sent to me by Mark Huckabone years ago), in case anyone never saw them upclose and would have liked to see them,..not that i had him (i wish),..and the info was from an article i read years ago in a newspaper type magazine called Collectors United. I never intended to trick anyone,..but to show you pics of the rare hands this figure had.

Ray
              Thank you for clarifying that Ray. When you did not correct us when asked if you owned an example of this figure, it seemed to me that you were trying to pass that figure off as your own. My apologies.

Comment

• captact
                King of Super Queens!
                • Aug 19, 2007

When this subject started,...there werent any pics,.and some members here hadnt seen it,...so I remembered i had three pics (not figure),..and offered them for those who thought it didnt exist,...besides,..I never intended in misguiding anyone to believe i had him,...and was quickly accused when only trying to help those with pics of a rare item, please next time before jumping to conclutions,..ask, please,..its my first time posting and trying to help,...but get critized for it??? Guess this is my last post,..but for those interested,....i still have the Kenner 1978 catalog to prove they bought the rights to the MFA show,...if anyone interested please send PM to send them ,.as Im not good at posting pics,..and THIS Dealer catalog I do have,..that even shows pics of the 1978 large Star Wars figure prototypes of the Dath Vader with cloth outfit and a customized Bionic Bigfoot as Chewbacca, 3" Sandpeople with cloth outfit and more.....

Thanks for the time, and thanks JDe Roen for being so friendly and understanding,..and sorry to all if my english mislead you in anyway,...was not my intention

Ray Flores
                Last edited by captact; Aug 22, '07, 3:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• batmanmc
                  mego batman collector
                  • Jun 22, 2004

. you never know this site didnt have basa or jet jungle pics a year ago. if they he was trying to help good for him if not then its sad. mike

Comment

• Wee67
                    Museum Correspondent
                    • Apr 2, 2002

Ray, I hope this is not your last post. This is a pretty good group who have been hit a few times lately. Maybe we're just a bit too defensive right now. I hope you stick around and add a new perspective to the community.

I'm curious what kind of distribution Mego had in Puerto Rico. Did you grow up there?
                    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                      Banned
                      • Jun 23, 2001

Friends,..there seems to be a big misunderstanding here,..I never mentioned I had the figure,..you can see in my past posts,..that what I did say was that i had were pics of this figure (sent to me by Mark Huckabone years ago), in case anyone never saw them upclose and would have liked to see them,..not that i had him (i wish),..and the info was from an article i read years ago in a newspaper type magazine called Collectors United. I never intended to trick anyone,..but to show you pics of the rare hands this figure had.

Ray

Ray, I think you should stay and find out more information and enjoy the vast knowledge here on the Museum. I'd still love to see the article that you mentioned above. Do you have a scan of the article??? I can tell you that the Man From Atlantis was definitely dispelled at the MegoCon back on '04. Stick around...this place has a lot to offer.

Comment

• Hulk
                        Mayor of Megoville
                        • May 10, 2003

Ray, it was just a misunderstanding. There is no reason to leave, and no one is asking you to. Several people were excited because it sounded like you had the actual figure. We misunderstood you. You did not correct anyone until after you posted the pictures. You misunderstood us. We all have hopefully learned a lesson. The MegoFact forum is a great source of information. We try to be careful to make things as clear as possible, and question bold statements, to help avoid confusion.

I apologize again to you. Lo siento, señor.

Comment

• kresge1
                          Museum_Bozo
                          • Jun 20, 2001

Ray
                          I apologize as well
                          Sorry..
                          Vinny
                          Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

Ray, no need to leave, it was all just a misunderstanding. Stick around and you'll find out what a great place and what great members we have here
                            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• captact
                              King of Super Queens!
                              • Aug 19, 2007

Okay,...thanks, Muele,...all i wanted was for those who never saw the hands up close with pics i had,..and pics of the Toy ads of the Man from Atlantis that i have from my 1978 Kenner Dealer mag,..depending on orders,.were the toys that were made/sold. Thanks for welcoming me back,..i never intended in misleading anyone,..was sincere in my words. and Yes, im in Puerto Rico,..Muele,..must remember me by Collector60,..as he helped me out with my Mego Museum Card set,..he was nice enough to send me all the way from Belgium his extra cards,..and finally completed my collection (Thanks MUELE!!!)
                              They also sold Mego's and Weird Mego dolls as well,..its strange that so far,..no one has ever mentioned the NINJA WARRIORS,..they were 8" Mego dolls sold on cards with a wide variety of weapons,..only two were in the set,..I talked about this to Mark Huckabone,..a friend of mine for years,..and told me to sell him all those i found here,..so i did and as always,..we worked out a trade....Anyone ever knew about them?? one is dressed in white with silver Lancelot material with cloth hood,..the other was black with silver Blk Knight material and black hood,...both heads are the same mold,..any one has them??/ Still hve the kenner ads if interested,..send PM with email.....sorry for long story,..have more concerning Titans, Hulks, Spidermans,....Bible action figures with Mego bodies, Dinah-Mite variations......

Thanks for wanting me back.....

Ray Flores

Comment

• cjefferys
                                Duke of Gloat
                                • Apr 23, 2006

Glad to see you back, Ray.

Are the Ninja Warriors you are talking about like these ones?:

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎