Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Web handed Aquaman in the 1978 catalogs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captact
    King of Super Queens!
    • Aug 19, 2007

Web handed Aquaman

Got the pics ready,..but dont know how to post them here,..any help?,..As for the MFA rights,...Mego as always,..rejected the offer and Kenner got the rights to the show, making Play-doh', Dip-dot, and other toys based on the show as advertised in the 1978 Kenner dealer catalog (Logo for the MFA is cool,..the same style logo as used for the SMDM, Bionic Woman, Fembot, Maskaton, Bionic Bigfoot, Oscar Goldman,..etc... ) Can have this scanned from mine if interested in seeing it....
    ...but Mego did get to make the hands and heads for overseas market,..but show was not as popular as expected,..so heads were trashed,.and since Mego did re-use their 8" bodies for others,..then why not use them on this test market Aquaman that will include a battery propelled Shark,..just as we planned for the MFA?? we can reuse the incert card and redesign the package?? This was discussed,...But Marty would only see what sells,.what doesnt....
    Anyway,...any help on posting the pics i have, will be appreciated. Or you can send me a PM with your email address,..and I'll gladly send them over....Thanks!
    Ray
    Last edited by captact; Aug 22, '07, 12:00 AM. Reason: left some last details concerning subject

Comment

• Hulk
      Mayor of Megoville
      • May 10, 2003

I've created a PowerPoint presentation for anyone having trouble uploading to the new gallery. Here's an .exe PC folks can download and run: http://megomuseum.com/community/help/gallery-use.exe Here's the raw Power Point file: http://megomuseum.com/community/help/gallery-use.ppt And here's a really awful-looking Web-based

A link with detailed instructions on posting pictures to the Museum Galleries.

Once you get that far, its pretty easy to post them here or a link to your gallery

Comment

• captact
        King of Super Queens!
        • Aug 19, 2007

Web Hand Aquaman

AquamanPalmout.jpg

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Obviously something didn't work. You can email me the pics if you want and I'll post them for ya
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• captact
            King of Super Queens!
            • Aug 19, 2007

AquamanPalmout_951544.jpg
            aquamanpalm1_462871.jpg
            aquamanpalm2_356556.jpg

...Im still trying,..but nothing seems to be working out,..any other ideas on how to download these pics????

Ray

Thanks Muele!! Send me your email or PM,..and thanks again!!!

Ray

lets see if this works.......

..and heres the next,..I think if you click on the pic,..a bigger pic will pop up!
            Last edited by captact; Aug 22, '07, 2:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Hulk
              Mayor of Megoville
              • May 10, 2003

Boy those pictures look familiar

Next time you try to pass off someone else's pictures as your own, try to doctor them up a little, instead of uploading 5 year old pictures that were taken by the real owner of this figure, especially when that person has already posted in this thread.

I am guessing most of your insight came from this thread on the old Mego Museum forums, and possibly others like it. It's good to know that people do their research, but it'd be nice if you didn't try to pass off theories and guesses as fact...

Last edited by Hulk; Aug 22, '07, 4:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• txteach
                Banned
                • Jun 17, 2005

Now that is lame! Why lie about such a thing? Did it make you feel important for a minute? I actually am imbarrassed for you.

Comment

• kresge1
                  Museum_Bozo
                  • Jun 20, 2001

Unbelievable...Let me post the pictures that i lifted at the same site i lifted them from
                  Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

I can't believe he went through with posting them. I figured if it was a scam, we'd just never hear from him again once we asked for pics.

If this is how you get your jollies, then I weep for you.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Marvelmania
                      A Ray of Sunshine
                      • Jun 17, 2001

Kinda thought this would happen all along but was hoping for a different outcome. Sad.

Comment

• hobub
                        Ghost of a Dead Indian
                        • Jun 18, 2001

!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• cjefferys
                          Duke of Gloat
                          • Apr 23, 2006

Weak sauce.

Comment

• captact
                            King of Super Queens!
                            • Aug 19, 2007

Friends,..there seems to be a big misunderstanding here,..I never mentioned I had the figure,..you can see in my past posts,..that what I did say was that i had were pics of this figure (sent to me by Mark Huckabone years ago), in case anyone never saw them upclose and would have liked to see them,..not that i had him (i wish),..and the info was from an article i read years ago in a newspaper type magazine called Collectors United. I never intended to trick anyone,..but to show you pics of the rare hands this figure had.

Ray

Comment

• toys2cool
                              Ultimate Mego Warrior
                              • Nov 27, 2006

LOL! wow this sucks! I kinda had a feeling this would happen.
                              Dude just next time be a little more specific with what you mean,But honestly though.You don't think a site like this one would already have that info and pic?
                              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• dumbldor
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 9, 2002

Mark used to have 4 or 5 Aquaman vs. The Great White Shark sets (at least that many). He checked all of them in 2004 after he saw Roberto's figure at MegoCon. None of the Aquamans in the sets had the web hands.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎