Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro EMCE Kirk package. Because I accidently ruined the claimshell.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Retro EMCE Kirk package. Because I accidently ruined the claimshell.

I sorta trashed the clamshell trying to cut it open. So I trimmed the bubble out and stuck it to the card with double sided tape. I'm sorta bummed I ruined the package, but it looks kinda vintage now.

Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 31, '07, 10:16 PM. Reason: typos
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • batmanmc
    mego batman collector
    • Jun 22, 2004

they look nice i like they put andorain on the front so there is no mistaken it for an original. mike

Comment

• Hulk
      Mayor of Megoville
      • May 10, 2003

Very innovative solution! Don't feel bad about the package, its going to be nearly impossible to get a clean cut on that thin clamshell. I'm going to try and score the lines with a box cutter on the next set I open, but I don't have much hope that will be sufficient.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I did fair a bit better cutting open the Klingon. It's not perfect and still looks a bit jagged in spots, but I didn't totally trash it like Kirk's.

On a bit of a side note. Not only was the Mego Kirk the first Mego I got, he was also the first action figure I had. So I'm really having a lot fun with these.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

I see everyone is opening the cards... I have no intention of opening them at all
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎